Mlb 2k9 For Pc?!

mace

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup you're right.

The official 2K9 site now says March 3rd *is* the release date for the PC version. Hmmm??

http://www.2ksports.com/games/mlb2k9

seems like only thing missing outside of living rosters/online mode is this----->Next-Gen Controls – Right stick pitching, batting and responsive fielding bring your virtual baseball experience into the next generation. Improved two-step Precision Pitching™ controls, deeper Swing Stick™ batting and quick fielding responses round out your control of the game.

and they said it was a direc tport of 360/ps3 just as nba2k9, so inno, just gonna wait to i get the game and see whats what, i have already compared the requirements they are idenical to nba2k9 word for word, so if u can run that game, ull be fine runnign this 1.

and Ron had said the shipdate was moved 1 day over so that release date is correct. it was the 2nd, but something happen to where they had to move it a day later, defintly be in stores Ron says the 3rd tho.

i dont know what to think, i dont even rember nba2k9 getting this kind of publicity, pc was not reconized on there site, matter fact, it just came out along with the other launch'es, could turn out to be preety good, were gone see thats 4shure!

• 2 weeks later...

I would like to invest on a good wireless controller that will work well with Vista. I will settle for a wired one if nothing else. Any suggestions?

BTW, since I'm on this thread, I thought I should add that I just bought my Dell before Christmas. I think I'm OK with the specs but not sure about the graphics card.

Dell Studio Quad Core 8200

6 GB Ram

750 GB Hard Drive

ATI Radeon HD 3450 (256 MB I think)

22 inch Full HD Monitor

I would like to invest on a good wireless controller that will work well with Vista. I will settle for a wired one if nothing else. Any suggestions?

BTW, since I'm on this thread, I thought I should add that I just bought my Dell before Christmas. I think I'm OK with the specs but not sure about the graphics card.

Dell Studio Quad Core 8200

6 GB Ram

750 GB Hard Drive

ATI Radeon HD 3450 (256 MB I think)

22 inch Full HD Monitor

Just get an xbox 360 controller for windows. I just got a wired generic brand one for around $35 and it's very nice - has vibration and all that..

One thing I have been reading at least out of the box, the game play on the field is descent...

Sad that should be looked on as a positive and not just taken for granted...But hey, it's at least something positive...

Didn't the moderator reviewer guy just get done saying the fielding was absolutely terrible?

Hey Raptor.

I have read pages of posts from mods that have the final..The ONE thing (wish there were others) they say is that the gameplay is solid. If I find that again I will post a linky. I just hope that the first day patch fixes other things...

It may sound like I am a fan boy, that's fine, I am just hoping there is something salvageable about this title...The design team and 2K swear this game is going to be taken seriously and they will support it. I hope so. I mean the commentary is great and the visuals are gorgeous...Almost 5 years, I'm just hoping..You know..

no offense to everyone but...

I think 2K baseball games blow.

Everytime I see something about a PC game here, everyone jumps on it >_>

I think MVP is fine, even though its older.

Also, MVP has TONS of mods. I don't really see MVP PC dieing like old games either.

I'm going to go buy mlb 2k9 for pc at eb games right now thank god I dont have to hear "your not going to get many chances like that big boiiii" everytime a pitch hits the strike zone I thank mvp for giving me baseball but that commentator sucks ***

Maestro23...

Thanks for the PC video. Game sure seems to run smoothly.

I placed a pre-order so hopefully I'll have my PC copy in a few days. Based on other messages I read there may be problems with the simulation but for $20, this sure seems worth buying.....especially if it is "moddable". :)

Maestro23...

Thanks for the PC video. Game sure seems to run smoothly.

I placed a pre-order so hopefully I'll have my PC copy in a few days. Based on other messages I read there may be problems with the simulation but for $20, this sure seems worth buying.....especially if it is "moddable". :)

Yeah, I'm going to check it out for $20 this year. Looks like the file structure is similar to NBA 2k9, so we should see some mods.

Wow after a long layoff I'm back to the site and see there've been updates to it. Nice look and feel to it.

I think I'm gonna stay with MVP 2005. You can't beat what modders, testers (myself included) and this community have to done to that game.

I've been a diehard fan of this site since 2004 (sporadic the last couple of years), I can never see myself trading in my MVP 2005.

Plus, I don't own a console anymore, since the PS2 blew up twice and vowed never to own another one. Too expensive, games too expensive to replace each year. I was hoping the Show would go PC, but no!

However, I may buy the 2k9 PC, as its cheap and is current, but who really knows how moddable this game will be.

Cheers,

Wolf

Welcome back wolfy6finger. You've missed quite a few total conversion season mods! Nice to have you back.

----------------

Thanks. Yeah, most of those conversion mods I can't use on my pc anyways. I think the last one I tried was 2007 or 08, but I'm still playing 2005 season with Top 100 Prospect Dynasty (although took 3-month layoff during football season) Plus, I finally got the 2005 to where I want it, rosters, graphics, et al. so I dont want to start from scratch

I'm really curious as to how MLB 2k9 is? While I'll never trade my MVP for this, I curious is if 2k9 is easily moddable.

Archived