Mvpmods Subscriptions

Trues

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of feel like a hypocrite for slagging off EAMods now. Also, I'm working on a pretty large scale mod and basically I cannot download certain tools because before this move I haven't submitted a file to the downloads section.

I'm kinda peeved, but mostly because I flipped off at EAMods for doing a similar thing.

Edited by andy82

I just did a little research myself on the costs of having a server with bandwidth etc. and it looks like 150 bucks a month is a good deal!

Check out places like godaddy and the like if you want to see what their hosting costs are. I was shocked at how expensive it is.

I kind of feel like a hypocrite for slagging off EAMods now. Also, I'm working on a pretty large scale mod and basically I cannot download certain tools because before this move I haven't submitted a file to the downloads section.

I'm kinda peeved, but mostly because I flipped off at EAMods for doing a similar thing.

You're comparing apples and oranges here. Over at EAMods, a couple of modders were charging a per download fee for individual mods (which they have every right to do). At this site, you are paying a flat price for unlimited downloads of all mods (present and future).

I'm not attacking the reasons for charging, I'm peeved for two reasons

- I defended the site when TheSpungo started charging for a mod to the skin of my teeth, then less than a month later the site is doing the same thing (Different intentions yes, but from an outside viewpoint it's the same). It makes me feel like a hypocrite and has left me with a real sour taste in my mouth.

- I'm not classified as a modder because I haven't submitted a mod in time, despite working my tits off for the past four months trying to create a mod which will benefit this site when it is complete. Certain members who have submitted one CTS generated from a ready made template get this designation and thus get access to all tools (Which is all I really care about in the downloads section TBH).

I'm not attacking the reasons for charging, I'm peeved for two reasons

- I defended the site when TheSpungo started charging for a mod to the skin of my teeth, then less than a month later the site is doing the same thing (Different intentions yes, but from an outside viewpoint it's the same). It makes me feel like a hypocrite and has left me with a real sour taste in my mouth.

- I'm not classified as a modder because I haven't submitted a mod in time, despite working my tits off for the past four months trying to create a mod which will benefit this site when it is complete. Certain members who have submitted one CTS generated from a ready made template get this designation and thus get access to all tools (Which is all I really care about in the downloads section TBH).

Why don't you just subscribe?

one member charged for a program he made. one modder charged for his mods. not the whole site. all the other mods and all the other utilities are still free.

everyone was so quick to judge them, and yet now this whole site has to do it and everyone's suddenly on board. people do what they have to do. i'm fully supportive of this if this is what needs to be done. do i like it? absolutely not, but who in their right mind likes it? i think everyone can now take a slice of that humble pie. and an apology to those other two wouldn't kill either.

Heck, I kinda feel bad. I donated MONTHS ago (earlier this year), and yet I am already considered in the group that is good to go. I feel bad because I have not donated recently (money has never been tighter in my household, and is about to get worse in the next 6 months if something doesn't give)....

I feel like everyone should have to donate who has not done so recently, or has not contributed a mod. I may end up dropping another $10 anyway. Broke or not broke, this site is too important to lose. My last baseball gaming related site is all but dead, and I don't want that to happen here too.

emath -

I was in the same position, I had donated but it was some time ago.  We all hear you loud and clear, the recession is everywhere.  As much as I've personally gained from this site, I felt it was time to bite the bullet.

It's one less Happy Meal for the kids, which is something I need to be thankful for in the first place.  :D

I totally agree with JoeRudi and emath here. Even if you are a contributor, whether it be awhile back or recently, it would be great to see a concentrated effort on their part to become lifetime members. I too had the contributor status, but ABSOLUTELY believe that for what we get here another 10 bucks is easy to part with. Like JoeRudi says, skip a couple of happy meals or soemthing similar. Honestly, Trues should have been charging for this service a long time ago.

Okay, for the first time I'll post something: I've ghosted on this site for several years and while I've enjoyed playing MVP2005 occasionally, what I enjoy the most is the baseball talk on the forums. This is a great site and $10 for a lifetime subscription is ridiculously low. Not only are the mods first class, but the content of the site is great fun. For all of the diversity of backgrounds of members, it's clear that we are all first and foremost baseball fans and that brings this site a unique perspective. For what it's worth, I just cannot get into 2K9, for me -- when I need my pc baseball fix -- MVP2005 and MVP Mods lives on. Let MVP Mods live for forever!!!

Hey, guys, just want to make sure before I put down the money for the subscriptions. Do we just go to where it says to contribute on the front page, or do we have to go to a special page to donate. The reason I am asking this is I can only donate $5 dollars right now, and don't want to put the contribution in the wrong place and not be able to download then. I am going to do the yearly plan for the moment, and then come tax time, to do the lifetime subscription.

Thanks, Jay

Paying a little money to use this site is no problem at all. With all the things modders contribute to this site, there could easily be an entire MVP game made by just the modders on this site. That game would easily cost $50, so I think $10 is a great price.

I hope your situation improves Trues. Thanks for all your time and hard work to keep this site alive.

Hey, guys, just want to make sure before I put down the money for the subscriptions. Do we just go to where it says to contribute on the front page, or do we have to go to a special page to donate. The reason I am asking this is I can only donate $5 dollars right now, and don't want to put the contribution in the wrong place and not be able to download then. I am going to do the yearly plan for the moment, and then come tax time, to do the lifetime subscription.

Thanks, Jay

You can access subscriptions from your control panel, under options.

Thanks.

Trues,

Just signed up with the basic option, and want to thank you for this site Trues. I have no problem paying this money to use the site for downloads. I wish I could sign up for more, but can't right now. I am the only one working in the house, and have a family of four to take care of, so I have to wait for tax time to sign up for the lifetime plan.

Again, thanks, Trues.

Jay16509

You can still participate in the baseball discussion on the forum.

Only if you want to download files and such do you need to pay.

But seriously, $10 is not much.

It is if he is from, say, China, and the exchange rate is 8 of their dollars for 1 of ours. 10 bucks is a ton of money to some foreigners. I freaking know, I've been there on a couple of occasions. It's like asking them to pay for a PS3 when all they can afford is the dirty used Nintendo 64 with a broken controller.