Repair Fenway Park

Speedball13

Smoky12 has done a good Fenway Park.Can someone take the dings out of the Green Moster? and change the Coast to Coast on the left upper deck roof it's a coca-cola sign. Iknow you guy's have trouble with the ads like the big 2k sports sign in right.Keep up the good work. :drinks:

Right away. But you are way off base if you are asking someone to take the dings out of the Green Monster because if you look at a close up of the left field wall in real life you will see that all over that wall there are dings in it from years and years of batters hitting balls off it. I mean what else would you want? For someone to get rid of the dirt in the infield?

If there are any other discrepancies with other stadiums don't hesitate to make us aware of them. Thank you. :good:

You are one hell of a p r i c k. The guy wasn't even being demanding or anything like that and that's how you chose to reply to 'im ?

And here's the cherry on top, he's a f'in contributor !

You are one hell of a p r i c k. The guy wasn't even being demanding or anything like that and that's how you chose to reply to 'im ?

Did you see what he asked? He wanted the dings removed from the Green Monster. Having the dings in the mod itself contributes to the realism of the game and that is something I realized that he did not know, so I tried to inject a little humor in my response. I didn't say to the guy that he asked a stupid question not did I call him stupid for bringing this up.

By the way, I know he's a contributor and I thank him for that. Same as I thank you for being a leech.

You can't remove the dirt. Now, that is just silly. Please clean it, though. It's filthy.

Finally someone gets it! You see the humor in it.

I try to make light in here with this guy's question and because it was me I get people all bent out of shape? Get real.

In a perfect world Coast to coast would be coke, 2k would be budweiser and sunconics would be cumberland farms. but it can't be fixed, also, I actually somewhat agree about the monster. it looks great at night, but the dents seem to be overly visible in the day games.

This guy needs a course in people skills, He disrespected me over a question I asked about a mod a while back, a mod that wasn't even his. Let the modder reply to his request, it's not your place to invoke your opinion just because you're a moderator. At least he isn't prejudiced, He doesn't care how he speaks to anyone. I wonder if my avatar has anything to do with it? :sad:

:angry: yankee4life i asked a simple ? and you rip in to me! watch the yankee game tonight on ESPN at Fenway Park and look at the wall and see if you see any dings all over the wall as in the game.

While you may not like the way Y4L expressed his answer, what he says is correct. The Green Monster is COVERED by dings and pock marks from years of fly balls hitting it. You won't see them from far away (and won't see them on a TV broadcast), but if you look at the wall up close you will see them.

Look at the pictures on this website: http://www.redsoxdiehard.com/features/summer99/tour2.html

Look especially closely at the picture that has the caption "The cameras are visible, and so are the dents and dings made by doubles, triples, and long Fenway singles."

So while you may not like seeing dings in the Green Monster, they are realistic.

:angry: yankee4life i asked a simple ? and you rip in to me! watch the yankee game tonight on ESPN at Fenway Park and look at the wall and see if you see any dings all over the wall as in the game.

Ripping into you? What the hell? As Jim, the poster above me said, there are dings and dents all over that wall from years and years of having balls hit up against it. In batting practice, in the game, each time a ball hits that wall with full force it is going to make a dent in it. When I was in Boston in 1986 I went up to the left field wall as close as I could get to it and looked at it. Dings all over the place. And 24 years later there are even more dings in it. So I don't have to watch tonight's game to check it out.

The way I took your question in here was that you honestly did not know about the dings in that wall and how they got to be there. So I decided to answer the question by trying to put a little humor in my response because that's my way and for that I have to be subjected to this kind of response from you and those others. You are so quick to assume that someone is "ripping into you" as you say that you completely ignored the fact that your question was answered.

In a perfect world Coast to coast would be coke, 2k would be budweiser and sunconics would be cumberland farms. but it can't be fixed, also, I actually somewhat agree about the monster. it looks great at night, but the dents seem to be overly visible in the day games.

I believe in a perfect world there wouldn't be advertisements covering every square inch of visible stadium.

thats the bad part when u READ things in threads,it is very very easy to take what u read wrong and assume that someone is being harsh or being nasty when in reality they are not.Ive seen many times as a chat moderater people fight and argue because of something being taken out of context and misunderstanding happen and the same thing goes in threads.I myself didnt see anything nasty from Y4l in his post.I even chuckled at the infield dirt post because i understood where he was coming from because he was trying to make a point that the dings are part of the realism.

Hell if i was creating this game id make barry bonds a coach and have him sit in the dugouts giving the finger to the home field crowd when the giants are the visiting team lolololol

• 3 weeks later...

thats the bad part when u READ things in threads,it is very very easy to take what u read wrong and assume that someone is being harsh or being nasty when in reality they are not.Ive seen many times as a chat moderater people fight and argue because of something being taken out of context and misunderstanding happen and the same thing goes in threads.I myself didnt see anything nasty from Y4l in his post.I even chuckled at the infield dirt post because i understood where he was coming from because he was trying to make a point that the dings are part of the realism.

Hell if i was creating this game id make barry bonds a coach and have him sit in the dugouts giving the finger to the home field crowd when the giants are the visiting team lolololol

I have to disagree. While the site is great for content, it is not a good place to come for help. Y4L does consistently berate members who have the audacity to ask questions on the forum. Valid questions are generally treated with intense sarcasm and what seems like resentment. It seems that asking for assistance is frowned upon. All you have to do is take a look through a few posts to see it. But, where else can you go for mods for this game? So you end up having to deal with the god complex in order to make the game enjoyable.

I have to disagree. While the site is great for content, it is not a good place to come for help. Y4L does consistently berate members who have the audacity to ask questions on the forum. Valid questions are generally treated with intense sarcasm and what seems like resentment. It seems that asking for assistance is frowned upon. All you have to do is take a look through a few posts to see it. But, where else can you go for mods for this game? So you end up having to deal with the god complex in order to make the game enjoyable.

This isn't a good place to come for help? Really? Is that why we have had tens of thousands of members post in the forums for over 5 years, asking tens of thousands of questions, making mod requests, and seeking help for various issues, both related and unrelated to baseball games? Is that why long-tenured members often become exasperated, yet don't show it, at members who post apparently seeking help, but are completely and totally unwilling to help others resolve their issue, or to do any reading to help themselves, despite the fact that there are often answers to their questions readily available, even without using the search?

As for your statement on Y4L, I'm not even going to justify that with an opinion. You've been a member here since 2005 and have 95 posts. When you can say you've helped even 1% of the users that Y4L has helped on this forum, then your statements about others not helping or berating people might have some credibility. Until then, keep watching from the sidelines while Y4L is in the starting lineup.

Rookie.

Thank you Mark for your support in this. I don't know who this ReddShadoe person is. I've never had any contact with him ever and he's been a member here over five years now and since ReddShadoe and I have gone all that time without saying one word to each other I don't see any reason why this can not continue. I'm satisfied dealing with the others on this site.

eh should be over now anyways the green monster now has been modded with no dingys (why does in some way that sound dirty lolololo)

It has Don? I didn't know this.

If someone made Fenway's Green Monster and took the dings out of that metal left field wall then someone made a huge mistake because the dings are a part of that wall. Compare that to removing the ivy at Wrigley* or the facade at Yankee Stadium. If you do that then it is not a correct representation of the ballpark.

* To be completely accurate here, there is a version of Wrigley Field that was made by Trues for 2k9 that does not have the ivy in it. You can check it out right here. But this was done intentionally because Trues made the spring version of Wrigley before the Ivy started to grow as it does each year.

It has Don? I didn't know this.

If someone made Fenway's Green Monster and took the dings out of that metal left field wall then someone made a huge mistake because the dings are a part of that wall. Compare that to removing the ivy at Wrigley* or the facade at Yankee Stadium. If you do that then it is not a correct representation of the ballpark.

* To be completely accurate here, there is a version of Wrigley Field that was made by Trues for 2k9 that does not have the ivy in it. You can check it out right here. But this was done intentionally because Trues made the spring version of Wrigley before the Ivy started to grow as it does each year.

I modded Fenway without dents and I'll put here what I put on the mod:

Yes, I removed the dents from the Green Monster.

Yes, I know they are actually there in real life.

However, since they are not visible unless you're standing right at the base of the Monster, I removed them because they look horrible.

You can't see them when you're watching a game on TV and you can't see them in any picture taken more then 10 feet away from the Monster. Comparing the dents in the Green Monster to the Ivy at Wrigley Field is a horrible comparison.

Archived