Mvp 2011 Mod Petition

JoeRudi26

I need to start getting my head back round zmod and everything for something else i'm doing so i could take a shot at some of the stadiums as well.

Yeah man... it would be cool if you started zmod back up again too. I would be able to remember zmod like that... Importing everything back into the game is a different story.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been thinking about this thread for the past few days and just have not had the time to come in here and post. I am just wondering if this project here is on hiatus because of one reason or another (which is fine) or if there are some plans on renewing this once the baseball post season is done. (If that's the case then I didn't know this.)

Or, has everyone moved on from this to other things? I really would hope not because was a great idea by JoeRudi26. I spent a few hours going through all my photo galleries trying to get the best ones for this to make it look as good as possible. I collected 600 photos for this and if I wasted my time by doing this, then what can I do? But I just want everyone to know that in case anything comes up again in here I am not about to volunteer my valuable time for something that may not end up going anywhere.

im willing to get back into the swings of modding if any helps needed. its been a while but I foresee a lot of free time on my hands :)

• 2 months later...

I just read through these six pages:

Well I haven't been around here in a while, I'm sure few remember me, but I would definitely be interested in helping out. The only problem is, I don't check this site nearly as much as I used to, so if it seems I have gone into hibernation, send me an e-mail at jasonder@oakland.edu. I like to think I have a pretty good knowledge of modding virtually everything except for stadium models (of course) and overlays. I have access to MLB pressbox, so I could get those pictures once Major League Baseball provides them.

Things I am good at modding:

Loading Screens

Portraits

Logos

Uniforms

Easy Menu stuff like LocLook and changing the music

Things I am quite proficient at:

Cyberfaces

Intro Videos

Rosters (preferably not all the menial labor in MVPEdit, I can do it, but I'd rather do the stuff like organizational swaps, all-star teams, pretty much all the notepad work)

So here is what I can bring to the table, and if I had someone making sure i wasn't dicking around, I think I could do a fair amount of work for this project.

• 1 month later...

I would love for this to happen

This project would need some people to work on it, and as of now it doesn't look like anyone really wants to put this together. If people want to do it I would be happy to help, but right now I don't see this happening.

This project would need some people to work on it, and as of now it doesn't look like anyone really wants to put this together. If people want to do it I would be happy to help, but right now I don't see this happening.

I did volunteer. I uploaded 600 hi-res photos to use for this mod back in the summer. Nothing was ever made of this mod so all the work I did in three days trying to compile all these photos for this project was wasted. I don't mind helping out but I am not going to be the first one to throw my hat in to volunteer the next time because it just ended up being a waste of my time.

I did volunteer. I uploaded 600 hi-res photos to use for this mod back in the summer. Nothing was ever made of this mod so all the work I did in three days trying to compile all these photos for this project was wasted. I don't mind helping out but I am not going to be the first one to throw my hat in to volunteer the next time because it just ended up being a waste of my time.

I know you did this and it sucks that is was never used. A lot of people volunteered but other then the photos you uploaded, I don't know if any other work was done. Like I said if there is people that really want to do this project then I would be happy to help.

I know you did this and it sucks that is was never used. A lot of people volunteered but other then the photos you uploaded, I don't know if any other work was done. Like I said if there is people that really want to do this project then I would be happy to help.

Yeah, I don't think anything was done for this mod except getting all the photos for it. If something else was done for this mod that I didn't know about, I stand corrected. Mostly it was a good idea, a lot of talk and then nothing. And that's too bad. Again, I'll help out next time but only after I see something being done before hand.

Heres my take, someone always does the rosters, I used Hi Heats for 2010. The uniforms dont change much, and I bet someone would do them if the question was put out. We all know the stadiums basically cant be done. But dennis has done alot of work in renovation anyway, so those could probably be used. almost everyone at this site now knows how to do portraits, so they can be updated as well and usually are. If someone would Use y4Ls fine photos to update all the menus ect. we have ourselves a MVP 2011.

so

Whos gonna put it together? I would offer, but I have a major project going. And apparently I suck at the actuall putting it together part LOL heck everything is available to put together a 2010 version anyway......right now all the stuff is on the site to download, just need someone to take Y4Ls piks and put them in game form.

thats my take, whos going to step up?

Heres my take, someone always does the rosters, I used Hi Heats for 2010. The uniforms dont change much, and I bet someone would do them if the question was put out. We all know the stadiums basically cant be done. But dennis has done alot of work in renovation anyway, so those could probably be used. almost everyone at this site now knows how to do portraits, so they can be updated as well and usually are. If someone would Use y4Ls fine photos to update all the menus ect. we have ourselves a MVP 2011.

so

Whos gonna put it together? I would offer, but I have a major project going. And apparently I suck at the actuall putting it together part LOL heck everything is available to put together a 2010 version anyway......right now all the stuff is on the site to download, just need someone to take Y4Ls piks and put them in game form.

thats my take, whos going to step up?

As I said here:

Once it's released, I'm more than happy to provide a 2011 MLB Schedule.

I'm still happy to make the schedule for the 2011 season. Unfortunately, right now a lot of game times are presented as "TBA" and until they announce the times, I can't make it.

I'm all for teaming up with JR to work on some overlays. This would even give me the incentive to finally finish up the front end menus mod I started a few years ago.

cool because the fsn overlays and the other overlays u did need to be updated as they do not look the same also now the a's and giants use csn bay area and csn california but u can still keep the old overlays

Thats what im talkin about guys! I personally think we do need a MVP11 for 2 reasons.

1. it will keep and revive interest in this game, most players want up to date stuff, the classics guys like me are far outnumbered by folks who want the new stuff.

2. When teh Tigers win the Series this year, it will be great for me to have a 2011 updated game to replay the season over and over.

Just now saw this thread.

Thanks for the mention, Joe. I've had a few people email me lately asking about a uniform for 2011, and while I hadn't planned on it I told them both that if the interest was there from the community, I'd clear out some time from my design schedule and throw myself into a nice big update.

I keep myself very busy with design stuff, both at work and my freelance opportunities, so taking on a project like this would mean it's just another job to me. I know that offends some of the purists out there, but I've been at this just as long, if not longer than some of you, and feel I'm betraying nothing or no one by asking for compensation in return for my time.

Be that as it may, if MVP 2011 is a go and the interest and donations are there from the community, you can count me in.

In addition to the over 650 or whatever uniforms I've created, I'd also like to continue Rolie's great and innovative stadium graphics work. I tried last year and failed to partner up with a proficient stadium modder to re-do the textures of all major league stadiums, but that offer still sounds. My uniforms always made the graphics for the game stand out, but I was always displeased with the stadium graphics, which I feel often times can be more important than the player models themselves.

If anyone in the community has learned Z-mod or whatever the hell you're using these days to create stadiums, I'd like to do your textures for you. And I'm not talking replacing stadium ads like most "modders" do; I want to create new grass textures, scoreboards, trees, hot dog carts, etc. Rolie started it with his Dodger Stadium mod and I think we should finish it with the rest of the stadiums. I think getting that done would really make our mod stand out amongst the crowd.

That's all, you can ignore everything else I typed and start yelling at me now because I condescendingly used "modders" in quotation marks in the previous paragraph...

That's all, you can ignore everything else I typed and start yelling at me now because I condescendingly used "modders" in quotation marks in the previous paragraph...

I won't yell, or ignore what you wrote, but I will say that on this website, all modders are created equal. Whether it's "just" replacing stadium ads or spending hours creating the perfect pant leg crease of a uniform built from scratch, everyone gets the same title.

If you thought anyone would even slightly be offended, why write that sentence in the first place? Just to stir up trouble or get a rise out of people? If that's your intent, please don't go down that road. We've been there before. Things are running along nicely on the site and I'm not about to let history repeat itself.....

I like the idea of a 2011 mod but realize all the work that would have to go into a full-blown effort (like for MVP 08).

For practical purposes, I would be quite happy to have updated rosters including updated attributes for the players. This too is a lot of work but for me is the most essential part of the game.

I am sorry that I can't offer much of my time to work on this- publish or perish out here! I would be willing to kick in some dough for some nicely done updates.

Back on August 12th of last year I ended up with a zip file of 610 hi-res photos for this mod. I mailed it to a few people. I am hoping that one of them was Jim825. I know that two of them were JoeRudi and Trues, but they are not around here anymore and I am not sure if any of them have kept this file.

I might have mailed it to Milkmanant. I'm not sure. The point is, I do not have this zipped file any more. I got rid of it when I thought that there was nothing being done on this mod any longer. If any of you guys have it, hold on to it if and when they need it.

Archived