Mvp 2011 Mod Petition

JoeRudi26

Back on August 12th of last year I ended up with a zip file of 610 hi-res photos for this mod. I mailed it to a few people. I am hoping that one of them was Jim825. I know that two of them were JoeRudi and Trues, but they are not around here anymore and I am not sure if any of them have kept this file.

I never received the file. I do see Trues and JoeRudi on the site periodically and I swap PMs with Trues at least once a week, so you could always try sending them a PM to see if either of them still has the file.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see a new update. This is the only baseball game I can/will play. I don't know a thing about modding but I can offer this maybe: I have been using MVP Edit to update rosters for transactions throughout the offseason. Can't be sure its 100% correct to this point but it has to be close.

I was just planning to update rosters and go from there but if it can be used as a base for something larger by someone else then have at it. I don't even know if that will work or not. Was what I thought was a last ditch effort for one more year of MVP. Hope I haven't been wasting my time all offseason.

This whole thing sounds to me like all it needs is someone to say OK, I will put it all together. there seems to be someone willing to do everything that can be done. each person putting in a bit. someone just needs to say ok, when your bit is done send it to me, I will put it with the rest and then closer to spring when rosters are more or less set, and new portrait picks are available, bingo, people we have a MVP11. Whos going to be the guy to put it all together?

im also in, i can help with rosters or doing portraits when will be realesed after spring training at mlb.com

I would be happy to help with rosters too. Maybe when the season gets closer we can get a few people and figure out a system and split the work up.

Wish i could help but cant get Oedit to work on Windows 7

Isn't Oedit only used for stadiums? If you want to help i'm sure that there is a lot more things you could do.

I would be happy to help with rosters too. Maybe when the season gets closer we can get a few people and figure out a system and split the work up.

Isn't Oedit only used for stadiums? If you want to help i'm sure that there is a lot more things you could do.

i need oedit to make new faces for the game. obviously i could do other things, but really that's what i've always done for MVP since 2005 lol

if you guys need portraits done, i'll be happy to do my share but the new portraits havent come out yet.

i need oedit to make new faces for the game. obviously i could do other things, but really that's what i've always done for MVP since 2005 lol

if you guys need portraits done, i'll be happy to do my share but the new portraits havent come out yet.

Jogar,

I have found an older versionof Oedit works with Windows 7 and successfully opened an MVP face with it. From my understanding there is a bit of functionality difference, but maybe functional enough for faces???

It is Oedit 0.19 if memory serves me correctly.

Too bad I wasn't any good at these, I have access to a few older machines with XP on them!! :pardon:

Just now saw this thread.

Thanks for the mention, Joe. I've had a few people email me lately asking about a uniform for 2011, and while I hadn't planned on it I told them both that if the interest was there from the community, I'd clear out some time from my design schedule and throw myself into a nice big update.

I keep myself very busy with design stuff, both at work and my freelance opportunities, so taking on a project like this would mean it's just another job to me. I know that offends some of the purists out there, but I've been at this just as long, if not longer than some of you, and feel I'm betraying nothing or no one by asking for compensation in return for my time.

Be that as it may, if MVP 2011 is a go and the interest and donations are there from the community, you can count me in.

In addition to the over 650 or whatever uniforms I've created, I'd also like to continue Rolie's great and innovative stadium graphics work. I tried last year and failed to partner up with a proficient stadium modder to re-do the textures of all major league stadiums, but that offer still sounds. My uniforms always made the graphics for the game stand out, but I was always displeased with the stadium graphics, which I feel often times can be more important than the player models themselves.

If anyone in the community has learned Z-mod or whatever the hell you're using these days to create stadiums, I'd like to do your textures for you. And I'm not talking replacing stadium ads like most "modders" do; I want to create new grass textures, scoreboards, trees, hot dog carts, etc. Rolie started it with his Dodger Stadium mod and I think we should finish it with the rest of the stadiums. I think getting that done would really make our mod stand out amongst the crowd.

That's all, you can ignore everything else I typed and start yelling at me now because I condescendingly used "modders" in quotation marks in the previous paragraph...

I did quite the amount of work of Zmod back in the day... I never really concentrated on importing back into the game though because I thought the game was next to dead. I definitely figured out how to do next to anything on the program though. What kind of freelancing are you doing? Graphic design, web design, etc?

Jogar,

I have found an older versionof Oedit works with Windows 7 and successfully opened an MVP face with it. From my understanding there is a bit of functionality difference, but maybe functional enough for faces???

It is Oedit 0.19 if memory serves me correctly.

Too bad I wasn't any good at these, I have access to a few older machines with XP on them!! :pardon:

if this is true, please let me know. from what i've seen, the only solutions to using oedit in 7 don't really allow you to actually do any modding, which defeats the purpose. i'm still working on repairing my computer, but at this point it doesn't look hopeful. so my retirement from cyberfaces might be around the corner as well, unless someone has an xps 400 lying around they'd be willing to donate. i just can't justify buying a whole machine just for this one program right now.

Well Y4L I dug and dug and dug and I couldn't seem to find them. I know you sent me them because I was perusing the PMs I receivied and saw you linked me to it. But if I randomly run across them again some day, I'll put them back up on here for everyone :)

Hey, you tried! Thank you.

Keep it rolling guys, In my opinion, this site, and MVP needs as big a 2011 update as can be made for the survival of the site. I would pitch in with everything i got but for the TC mod I am currently working on.

Also, If i could, Id like to make a request of you guys who will do MVP2011. If anyone is interested of course, could you guys change teh Toronto Blue Jays single A team to the Lansing Lugnuts? Im living near Lansing, and it would be a nice plus for me to play the Nuts along with dominating the AL Central with the Tigers. If you good folks were to do this, I would run a full season of Lansing Lugnuts in Dynasty posts here on the site.

Thanks if you do, and thanks if you dont. Im sure someone has done a nice uniform for them they could already pitch in...................<_<

I won't yell, or ignore what you wrote, but I will say that on this website, all modders are created equal. Whether it's "just" replacing stadium ads or spending hours creating the perfect pant leg crease of a uniform built from scratch, everyone gets the same title.

If you thought anyone would even slightly be offended, why write that sentence in the first place? Just to stir up trouble or get a rise out of people? If that's your intent, please don't go down that road. We've been there before. Things are running along nicely on the site and I'm not about to let history repeat itself.....

I was hoping by now that people had moved beyond modding in the year 2005 and were looking for a better visual experience with this game. But if people here are still concerned with everyone being equal and praising even the least inspired mods, then I'll again say farewell and to enjoy playing MVP Baseball in crappy looking stadiums with updated advertisements.

I was hoping by now that people had moved beyond modding in the year 2005 and were looking for a better visual experience with this game. But if people here are still concerned with everyone being equal and praising even the least inspired mods, then I'll again say farewell and to enjoy playing MVP Baseball in crappy looking stadiums with updated advertisements.

You don't have to praise every mod. All I'm saying is that you don't have to put people down because their modding skills are not the same as yours. I had no problem at all with your original post until you added that remark about the guys who update stadium ads. You could have made your same point without that not-so-subtle dig. In my view, it was just a way for you to put people down.

If you want to leave (again), all I can say is, have a good life. :hi:

You really sound like a tool sometimes.

Archived