Mvp 2011 Mod Petition

JoeRudi26

Well folks, bit of bad news. Milkmanant got in touch with me today and he did have the pictures but he does not have them any longer. Hey, that's fine. No problem. I mailed these photos to him back in August, 2010. Nothing was done in this thread for a long time so I understand why he doesn't have it anymore. That's why I got rid of my mine. I was disappointed about the inactivity of this thread so soon after it started that I just deleted my photos. Don't get me wrong, I still have all the albums that I got these pictures from. I'm just not going to go back in them to get 610 photos again. I am going on vacation in about three weeks so that is all I am concerned about. The only other person I can think of that I mailed this to was Joe Rudi, so if he has it still he can send it to someone on our staff. That is all I can think of now.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I asked him and he said he had them up through most of the summer. Maybe 6 months ago when he got rid of them.

Woulda been more than happy to pass them along, but like most of us, thought the project was dead.

Thank you very much emath. I don't blame him at all for getting rid of the photos since just about all of us thought this was dead too.

And this places us in an unfortunate situation. No one has them, including myself and that means we do not have hi-res photos for this thing.

Now look, I want to say something here and I hope it is understood. As I said before I still have all these photos in my albums. I have every one of them - and then some. All it would take is for me to go back in each and every one of them and get the images once again, zip them up and upload them. But as of right now I have no plans on doing this at all mainly because I don't want to do all that work for something that so far has a lot of talk, a lot of people wanting to have this mod, but no modding actually done on it. If I am wrong on this statement, forgive me. But I feel that I do not want to spend another three days collecting pictures once again for this. I have other things to do and even if I wasn't going on vacation I would say the same thing. I won't donate my time to something like this unless I see reasons to have a change of plans.

• 1 month later...

Hi.

I'm not a modder or a programmer. As a result, I respect that you guys do this for the mvp community out of your own altruism (and willingness to play an updated game). That being said, I would love to have a copy of the new 2011 mod once/if it becomes available. How much is a decent donation and would you accept payment by paypal?

Thanks.

- Lex

Well Mr. Luthor while there is no guarantee that MVP2011 Mod will actually be released in a one shot download, its a sure bet that all to most of the components will be available in peices enough to satisfy most.

I had what I considered an MVP10 last year as I know many of our community did. You just need to grab the latest portraits and rosters, any Cyber faces you want, and DJ even released a 2011 overlay. There is an updated roster set out right now, and the guy who makes that one does good work, however there is a team of guys putting together a comprehensive roster for 2011 and it should be very nice, as well.

With OTBJoels Legends From the Booth coming out, DennisJames tossing out now splash screens and such all the time. As for the latest patch on each teams uniform, well I dont need that, the Uniforms currently available are good enough for me.

So you see, MVP 2011 is going to be a reality, it may or may not be a one shot download, but my guess is this year, with as many people who have pitched in, its going to get done.

As for a donation, the guys who pay for this site are always happy to get whatever you can spare. 5-10-20$ or more, I would personally thank you if you did make a donation. Many guys make a voluntary $10 a year donation, I wish I were one of them. I have given $10 in the past.

Thanks,

Dave

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still think there will be enough "stuff" probably by around the end of May for a Total Mod that might not be up to snuff of the 08 mod, but it could be damn good! I'd even volunteer to do an intro video.... maybe something along the lines of what I did for my kid's senior year in H.S. (keep in mind this was a bit of a rush job and I would have liked to time things better, but I think it still turned out pretty well considering my short time frame):

(Sorry, can't figure out the embedding from Vimeo)

Video idea

I still think there will be enough "stuff" probably by around the end of May for a Total Mod that might not be up to snuff of the 08 mod, but it could be damn good!

Who knows? Maybe there will be enough things for a 2011 mod but I have to tell you that if there is a mod the uniforms that will be put in the 2011 one will be superior to the 2008 one. Spungo's contributions to that mod were good, but he didn't make those fantasy ones that were contained in that mod. There were too many of them for each team and they (in my opinion only) looked terrible. So I think if a 2011 mod is made, it will be extremely well received and will not have to be compared with any other mod.

I'm not sure if you are saying someone is working on that or what.... and I know there has been some friction with Spungo over stuff in the past, so not wanting to dredge that up. BTW, I recently applied for an MLB pressbox access and may get an answer in a day or two. I think I can keep up with portraits at least. I'm still not up to speed on successfully using the FSH editor, but working on that. I'm also currentlly reading up on jogar's cyber tutorial, but the portraits pics are essential first as you know. So what about the video concept?

I'm not sure if you are saying someone is working on that or what.... and I know there has been some friction with Spungo over stuff in the past, so not wanting to dredge that up. BTW, I recently applied for an MLB pressbox access and may get an answer in a day or two. I think I can keep up with portraits at least. I'm still not up to speed on successfully using the FSH editor, but working on that. I'm also currentlly reading up on jogar's cyber tutorial, but the portraits pics are essential first as you know. So what about the video concept?

You just skimmed over what I wrote I suppose. I said that the uniforms Spungo made for that mod were good. But he didn't make the fantasy ones and those were the ones that were not so good.

And the video you made was nice. Not bad at all.

I actually read over what you said ..... all this indirect communication leaves some things open to interpretation...... heh. I wasn't completely aware of who made what and an overhaul would be good. All things considered with the age of this game and the increasing surgence of The Show.... we have quite a bit of stuff.

Archived