Can A 2012 Total Mod Be Done?

Gordo

I know my input doesn't mean anything, but I'd like to say it seems like you guys are a great job and I can't wait (but I will :p) for it to come out. If you guys are still trying to figure out some songs for the menu music here are some that I used in my game:

The Black Keys - Gold on the Ceiling

Fun - Some Nights

Foster the People - Don't Stop

Childish Gambino - Freaks and Geeks

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphany

Beastie Boys - Sabatage

Tone Loc - Wild Thing

Flo Rida - Wild Ones

M83. - Midnight City

Hey man, thanks for the suggestions. I'll check them out.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know my input doesn't mean anything, but I'd like to say it seems like you guys are a great job and I can't wait (but I will :p) for it to come out. If you guys are still trying to figure out some songs for the menu music here are some that I used in my game:

The Black Keys - Gold on the Ceiling

Fun - Some Nights

Foster the People - Don't Stop

Childish Gambino - Freaks and Geeks

The Verve - Bittersweet Symphany

Beastie Boys - Sabatage

Tone Loc - Wild Thing

Flo Rida - Wild Ones

M83. - Midnight City

Nice. My MVP 2005 soundtrack was very eclectic but it is music you wouldn't mind having play while you do your thing:

Nero - Me and You

Holy Ghost! - Wait and See

Justice - On n' On

Run DMC - Beats To The Rhyme

Beastie Boys - Make Some Noise

Michael Jackson - Workin' Day and Night

Earth Wind and Fire - Shining Star

Breakbot - Penelope Pitstop

Chromeo - Don't Turn The Lights On

a little side step, but is there any good software that can actually remove vocals from a song?

Well, it depends. If the song was recorded on two separate tracks (audio, vocals) before the audiio file was created then it is somewhat possible. If they were not recorded on separate tracks but on one track (99% common with commercial music) then what you have to do in audio editing software is split that on track in two to create two tracks. One track you find the audio and lower the volume into -db. Then you slide the tracks back together. The bad part is that you will hear muffled noise where the original audio was on the track you did not edit.

Long story short, yes but it does not work very well at all.

Well, it depends. If the song was recorded on two separate tracks (audio, vocals) before the audiio file was created then it is somewhat possible. If they were not recorded on separate tracks but on one track (99% common with commercial music) then what you have to do in audio editing software is split that on track in two to create two tracks. One track you find the audio and lower the volume into -db. Then you slide the tracks back together. The bad part is that you will hear muffled noise where the original audio was on the track you did not edit.

I never knew this. Thank you.

That's a taboo question around here.

This has got me fired up. I know how much work it must be doing a Total Conversion Mod to 2012. Is there a ballpark date you guys could give all of us impatient people for when the Mod might be completed?

Great way to start off your membership in here champ! When the mod is done it will be released. The people that are working on it want it released more than anyone else. Personally I hope they push it back two weeks every time someone asks when it is ready.

Alright settle down kids. No one has any ill-intentions here so let's just be nice. These types of mods take time and there's just no way to settle on a release date because of so many variables. If you're getting antsy about a release, well glad you're interested. Just keep posted by reading in here if you want updates. They'll let you know when everything's ready. Remember this is just a hobby so it'll get done when they have time. You should see the progress that's being made if you see the posts in here. Other than that, there's no new news to report except that it's a work in progress. Let's just try to keep the posts to anything that can help complete the mod.

Sorry if I offended anybody or broke any rules. I just am really excited for this mod to come out and was just hoping to hear a rough date of completion.

Think nothing of it. Everyone means well even if they don't know exactly to express it right;) Just see my post above. You'll hear about it when it's released, so just hang tight.

Alright, how about a different one. Say I got a whole folder of songs. Is there a quick way to normalize all of them? Just hate it when I play some songs, and some are real quiet and some are really loud. Just want to hear them all about the same if possible.

LOL. If only it were true. Just trying to regulate the music at work a little better actually. Just annoying with all the fluctuations between songs. I actually wanted to remove some lyrics so I can use them in videos and presentations.

Alright settle down kids. No one has any ill-intentions here so let's just be nice. These types of mods take time and there's just no way to settle on a release date because of so many variables. If you're getting antsy about a release, well glad you're interested. Just keep posted by reading in here if you want updates. They'll let you know when everything's ready. Remember this is just a hobby so it'll get done when they have time. You should see the progress that's being made if you see the posts in here. Other than that, there's no new news to report except that it's a work in progress. Let's just try to keep the posts to anything that can help complete the mod.

Can't argue with you Homer when you are right. Thanks man.

Alright, how about a different one. Say I got a whole folder of songs. Is there a quick way to normalize all of them? Just hate it when I play some songs, and some are real quiet and some are really loud. Just want to hear them all about the same if possible.

Homer,

I have been using this free utility program for the past 5 years called MP3Gain: http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/

It's extremely easy to use, just view the help file and it explains everything. You can add entire folders or files into the batch process and it will do the trick for you. One hint: you might want to make a copy of the folders (of songs) because this program will overwrite the songs. I usually make a separate folder of music or OTR (old time radio programs) with a "Volume Adjusted" prefix. Best of luck with this.

Dennis

LOL. If only it were true. Just trying to regulate the music at work a little better actually. Just annoying with all the fluctuations between songs. I actually wanted to remove some lyrics so I can use them in videos and presentations.

Homer, you may want to check this link out for a free method of removing (center channel) vocals from digital audio tracks.

http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/Vocal_Removal

This is great. To see the MVPmod community once again come together and help out. Kinda reminds me of when they were getting the 07/08 mods ready and seeing all the activity going on and such. I wish I would've seen this thread earlier, because I wish I could help in any aspect whatsover like a new overlay for the game and whatnot. If there's anything I can do to help, I'd be more than happy to contribute. I don't know if someone has made a new overlay or not for the mod, but I'd like to help.

I feel as a tenured member, I should contribute in some capacity. I'd like to help....thats if you guys would let me......

This is great. To see the MVPmod community once again come together and help out. Kinda reminds me of when they were getting the 07/08 mods ready and seeing all the activity going on and such. I wish I would've seen this thread earlier, because I wish I could help in any aspect whatsover like a new overlay for the game and whatnot. If there's anything I can do to help, I'd be more than happy to contribute. I don't know if someone has made a new overlay or not for the mod, but I'd like to help.

I feel as a tenured member, I should contribute in some capacity. I'd like to help....thats if you guys would let me......

If you really want to, send kyleb a PM. You won't get an immediate response because he's in Cincinnati watching the Reds.

If you really want to, send kyleb a PM. You won't get an immediate response because he's in Cincinnati watching the Reds.

I'm back. I was in Cincy watching the Indians, who happened to be playing the Reds ;)