Can A 2012 Total Mod Be Done?

Gordo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

sad thing i was up at work at that time

you guys do amazing work why dont you make video games for a living?

I'm just messin' with you man........

...it was actually at 4:47 this am. :D

Should be soon though.

imagine if you could sell this game for like $20 or something, or even better port it to android it would make a killing

Um, you can't. Think about it. This game engine is still owned by EA Sports. Do you think that they would just sit by to watch a group of modders try to sell an updated version of their game on the android market? Not on your life.

sad thing i was up at work at that time

you guys do amazing work why dont you make video games for a living?

As much as the work the guys on this site have released is fantastic, making modifications of an already completed game is not even in the same ballpark ( :facepalm: ) as creating a new game from scratch (See "Sandbox Games", thanks for the reminder of that abomination Y4L).

imagine if you could sell this game for like $20 or something, or even better port it to android it would make a killing

Like Y4L said, sell anything that even has a trace of EA attached to it would cause their lawyers to sue everyone here to the point that we'd be spending our days living in a cardboard box. And porting anything is not feasible without the source code, not to mention having to rewrite everything for it to execute on a linux-based OS, reducing file size/resource requirements to an insane level etc.

In short, no.

Thought i should make a worthy first post, you guys are doing some amazing work keeping an 7 year old game alive and kicking. I am using the original cd version of the game and after installing the 08 Mod, I've noticed the umpire and pitchers/batters legs are almost transparent. The graphics just don't look as good as in the screenshots in the download section. I was just wondering if it's my pc or if i did something wrong

Alright, I know some of you are kidding and all, but let's remember what I posted earlier so we can keep the thread clean. Let's keep the posts related to getting the mod done only so that the guys doing this can just spend their time doing the mod rather than answering questions about when it will be done. I would really prefer to keep this thread open.

Alright settle down kids. No one has any ill-intentions here so let's just be nice. These types of mods take time and there's just no way to settle on a release date because of so many variables. If you're getting antsy about a release, well glad you're interested. Just keep posted by reading in here if you want updates. They'll let you know when everything's ready. Remember this is just a hobby so it'll get done when they have time. You should see the progress that's being made if you see the posts in here. Other than that, there's no new news to report except that it's a work in progress. Let's just try to keep the posts to anything that can help complete the mod.