MLB2K12 Schedule Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, blindguy said:

According to seat geek the 8/2 NYY/BOS game time is 1200 est 

Thanks brother! This wraps up the Red Sox schedule.

An update:
Start time for Yankees/Red Sox on 8/2 has been updated to 12:00 ET (12:00 in-game time), completing their schedule for the 2020 season.

What's left:

- Start times for all DBacks, Indians, Rangers, Royals and Rays home games

- Arranging 2018, 2019 and 2020 schedule start times in order from EST to PST (because you don't want your 1:10 PM PST game to start before your 1:10 EST game unless your team can go back in time)

- Full Minor League Schedule (AAA, AA and A ball)

1 hour ago, scottybilly said:

this is a lot of hard work. But I will feel very bad for you after you post the schedule and the start time for some games will inevitably change.  😭

All of it has been done in excel, so it would be insanely easy to find out what start times have changed. I'll also do a run through of all the teams should they change before opening day ;)

An update:

The 2020 Schedule is now complete for all 30 clubs.

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ddf5729083066c1521

What's left:

- Just some extra details. Arranging 2018, 2019 and 2020 schedule start times in order from EST to PST (because you don't want your 1:10 PM PST game to start before your 1:10 EST game unless your team can go back in time)

• 2 weeks later...

An Update:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611ce1d440984a8767259

So the full 2020 schedule is complete, however I'm working on the Schedule_Cur tab, which is basically similar to the other two tabs (Schedule_Older, Schedule_Old), where all of the games for all 30 clubs in those tabs are the first game of every series.  Basically this means that in order to make a proper accurate and non buggy Schedule_Cur tab, every second and third (and in some cases, fourth) game will need to have their rows deleted. I'm basically up to the Cardinals (Team ID is 6) working my way to the Yankees (Team ID is 29).

This shit is hard.

xbt0pG6.png

What's left:

- Just some extra details. Arranging 2018, 2019 and 2020 schedule start times in order from EST to PST (because you don't want your 1:10 PM PST game to start before your 1:10 EST game unless your team can go back in time)

I'm interested to know if you have been able to get the game to open to 2020 or are you going to have to wait till you finish adjusting all the schedules.

I have tries just changing the year on all the schedule tabs and it will open the game but no schedule shows up

40 minutes ago, blindguy said:

I'm interested to know if you have been able to get the game to open to 2020 or are you going to have to wait till you finish adjusting all the schedules.

I have tries just changing the year on all the schedule tabs and it will open the game but no schedule shows up

I'm just going to wrap up all the schedules. The trickiest one for me is the spring training schedule, as I'm not sure all teams have an even number of games.

An update:

giphy.gif?cid=790b76114f90467a1a1ecb6629

The Schedule_Cur tab has been completed.

This means that with the 2018 and 2019 schedules included, future schedules will be generated with the Astros' AL move in mind.

What's left:

- Arranging 2018, 2019 and 2020 schedule start times in order from EST to PST. This would help with generating future schedules and making sure games start in the orders intended, because you don't want your 1:10 PM PST game to start before your 1:10 EST game unless you time travel.

- 2020 Spring Training Schedule (The Spring_162G full schedule exists, but a full analysis will need to be done in regards to how games are removed for 52 game and 104 game-seasons)

An update:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611dd2158dd252592eb5f

A bit of a holding pattern at the moment with work and personal life things going on.

There is some progress though!

The Schedule_Cur tab has been completed with organized start times for the 2020 season.

Organizing the start times will help with generating future schedules and making sure games start in the orders intended, because you don't want your 1:10 PM PST game to start before your 1:10 EST game unless you time travel.

What's left:

- Arranging Schedule_Older and Schedule_Old tabs with organized start times in order from EST to PST (East Coast to West Coast)

- Schedule_Spring_162G tab with equal amount of games for all teams (The Spring_162G full schedule exists, but a full analysis will need to be done in regards to how games are removed for 52 game and 104 game-seasons)

- Full Minor League Schedule (AAA, AA, and A ball)

• 4 weeks later...

An update:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611749360cc36763d59a3

Spring training is underway and I've spearheaded an IT project at work (big office relocation), so it's taking me a bit to work on the schedule more than I'd like.

I'll take some time to talk about the Schedule_Minors tab.

So, the Schedule_Minors tab contains the following:

582 Class AAA games

563 Class AA games

690 Class A games

That makes about 1835 total games. Don't worry, the math checks out, because as it turns out to my complete surprise, the Schedule_Minors tab contains simply the first game of every series from AAA to Single A ball.

This makes scheduling fairly easy and can be done in a single Coffee/Red Bull fueled weekend or two, (or at least in a reasonably short period of time if we avoid the coffee/energy drinks)

As MiLB has expanded to 140-game seasons across the board for all affiliates, the forecasts say to expect a fairly robust Minor League system in the 2020 schedule. ;)

Just another finding: I believe the 2K13 schedule structure was a patchwork fix to address the 2013 realignment when the Astros moved to the AL and MLB instituted season long inter-league play. From what I've looked at on REDitor, the 2013 schedule adds games/slots to the Schedule_Older, Schedule_Old, and Schedule_Cur tabs to accommodate this change, as they're used primarily to generate future schedules for season/franchise/my player modes. Since we are several years past realignment, we don't need to add slots to fix anything. The 2K12 schedule structure is just fine.

What's left:

• Arranging Schedule_Older and Schedule_Old tabs with organized start times in order from EST to PST (East Coast to West Coast)
  • Schedule_Spring_162G tab with equal amount of games for all teams (The Spring_162G full schedule exists, but a full analysis will need to be done in regards to how games are removed for 52 game and 104 game-seasons)
  • Full Minor League Schedule (AAA, AA, and A ball)

More on minor league schedules:

I don't dabble in MiLB stuff often but I had no idea that leagues within classes had their own season length. This complicates things a bit when you're trying to unify season length (140 games) across three classes of ball.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118937fa3324ddeeb090

Damn it.

55 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

More on minor league schedules:

Damn it.

How important is to you for MiLB to have exact schedules? I don't want to speak for anyone but in my mind priority would go first to teams being accurate, and then schedules somewhere further down the pipeline if at all. I just hate to see you go to so much trouble for something only a few people may appreciate.

On 2/27/2020 at 6:18 PM, tinpanalley said:

How important is to you for MiLB to have exact schedules? I don't want to speak for anyone but in my mind priority would go first to teams being accurate, and then schedules somewhere further down the pipeline if at all. I just hate to see you go to so much trouble for something only a few people may appreciate.

Very important, at least to me. If I can get true to life MiLB schedules now that they've mandated 140 game seasons across all levels, this sets a great foundation on future schedule making, and it would provide a realistic path for players within the in-game universe to improve, correlating with the actual 162 game schedule that is instituted in MLB already.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist with my projects and it's my understanding that a lot of the community that has come and gone in regards to this game has always cited roster crashes as part of why they stopped playing it, so I'd love to get this all right the first go-round ;)

dont blame you for what your doing. it a lot to do but if you can do it that's great. its over my head, so i appericate you or anyone who wants to tackle this projects, 

the only difference i would made from what your doing swamped the brewers and astros league assignments, even be there would be in the wrong div. or swaped astros for arizona or colorado,

1 hour ago, mcoll said:

dont blame you for what your doing. it a lot to do but if you can do it that's great. its over my head, so i appericate you or anyone who wants to tackle this projects, 

the only difference i would made from what your doing swamped the brewers and astros league assignments, even be there would be in the wrong div. or swaped astros for arizona or colorado,

I believe the schedule is 100% doable. It just takes time and effort. 

An update:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611cab983391e220a5e8a

Just a behind the scenes look at what I've been sorting out in my ridiculously huge excel sheet that I back up every 20 minutes that I'm working on it. Been a busy night with some nice coffee brought to you by the folks at Bones Coffee.

I'll take some time here to show you the process in how I create the schedules for 2K12 so you get an idea of what my process/methodology is and why coming up with this level of detail for a schedule can be time consuming. As I explained in earlier posts within the thread, a crucial part of what I'm trying to do to ensure some stability with future rosters moving forward is making sure that if you start a franchise, the schedules generated within the game in subsequent years have the games timed in the right order and sorted by time zone.

My idea was that if I played as a team that played on the west coast (for the sake of explaining, let's say a team like the Angels, or Padres) and my schedule shows that I have a stretch of home games for the next week or so on the west coast, my expectation should be that all east coast games and central time specific games should be simulated/completed before my games start on the west coast.

To give you an idea of what I'm talking about, what's the biggest day for MLB....March 26th, right?

It's opening day for a ton of teams across the league, so for this tutorial I'll take a screenshot. 

This is what I'm working with as part of Schedule_Cur:

AR2LM3n.png

Just like the Schedule_Older/Old tabs, the Schedule_Cur tab is the 2020 schedule, but only the first game played in a series for all 30 teams.

This is screenshot is easy for me to interpret because I've been working and staring at this for some time, but I'll do my best to explain what this is here:

The only values that will be completely ignored when I copy and paste this entire thing into REDitor II is the Timezone column.  I only made this column to keep track of the color/time zone I gave each team and to help me out in sorting the number I input into the Order column. 

As you can see from the screenshot:

• The teams shaded in green are in the eastern time and I gave them an Timezone value of 1 since they will be placed/simmed first. When composing a schedule, all east coast games are played first, so use that as your compass.
  • The teams shaded in orange are in the central time and I gave them a value of 2 since they are games that end up being played/simmed second and relative to a 24 hour clock they are -1 hour behind any east coast game.
  • The teams shaded in blue are in mountain time. Only Team ID #8 (Arizona) and Team ID #24 (Colorado) are shaded blue, and they are given a value of 3 because they're the third time zone going east to west. Relative to a 24 hour clock they are -2 hours behind any east coast game.
  • The teams shaded in red are in the pacific time and get played/simmed last. They are -3 hours behind any east coast game.

Now, if you look at the Order column, what stands out to you right away is that we have 6 games that start at 13:10 (1:10PM),  but in different time zones. What I did was give each game an incremental value in the Order column based on the time zone of that team so MLB 2K12 knows the order in which the games will play out when they're scheduled all at the same 13:10 time.  The order the games are in according to the ID column matter as far as what happens after your team's game ends and 2K12 simulates the others.

Keep in mind, I still have to sort this out, but ideally this what I'm trying to do. Open the image in a new tab and follow along. I'll be explaining each game based on the ID number in the screenshot:

In the Eastern Time Zone, we have two games that start at 13:10 -  rows 0/1.  We have two games that also start at 13:10, but in Central Time - rows 7/8.

The rows are not ordered correctly, so we're going to have to reorder the games based on the 24 hour clock the game understands and the time zone for each team.

As the orange shaded games are an hour behind from any green shaded gamethese games in rows 7/8 should be moved to rows 2/3since the next set of east coast games (in row 2 and 3 in the screenshots) take place between 15:05 and 16:10. They will be moved to rows 4/5/6.

See where I'm going here? If your next east coast game after the two 13:10 games is at 15:05, you slot the games that start at 13:10 central time right after the last 13:10 game in eastern time.

Once we have a row with an east coast game that starts at 16:10 (row 4 in the screenshot that we mentioned above has been moved to row 6), it means we'll have to start slotting in our non-east coast games below it that start at 13:00 (since this would be an offset of -3 from eastern time). The next team below that row would be...the game we have in row 9 (15:10 Central time). We're moving that to row 7. 

After that, we don't have any more games that start in central time, but we do have a west coast game starting at 13:07, so that's going to be the next game we move, since that would be 1PM in the afternoon on the west coast. Let's move that to row 8. After that game, we're back on the east coast as we have a couple of 16:10 games taking place (4:10PM). Those are going to be the ones we slot in rows 9/10 then we go back west for three more games that start at 1:10 in the afternoon (rows 11/12/13). The last game played that day is the DBacks game that starts at 19:10 mountain time, and that's going to go in row 14.

If you've followed along, this is the final order I have for games played on March 26 that correlate to a 24 hour clock the game understands:

MtQOqSO.png

And that's just opening day. I see this as an absolute win.

KXJRu1l.png

SCHEDULES!

An update:

giphy.gif?cid=790b7611f162ec032b63d45c8f

The Schedule Older, Old, and Cur tabs have been completed and sorted in the right game order. Consider those three tabs pinned down for the 1,2,3 according to WWE/MMA athlete Matt Riddle up here.

With this completed, it means future franchise mode schedules can be successfully generated without issues.

What's Left:

• Schedule_Actual tab (This is the big one with the full 81 home games for all 30 clubs. That's 2,430 games to sort through using the method above.)
  • Schedule_Spring_104G/52G tab with all assorted of games for all teams (Just have to trim/order the schedules accordingly per team)

• Schedule_Minors tab (AAA, AA, and A ball)

9 hours ago, Bostonnico said:

@Kccitystar  Thank you very much, for the great effort and time you are dedicating to make the best roster of all time. Greetings bro 👍👍👏👏

I wouldn't say it's going to be the best roster of all time but it will have an extremely accurate schedule ;)

Schedule_Actual is going to be the one that's going to be hard to finish quickly so I'll take my time.

An Update:

giphy.gif

East coast games for the Schedule Actual tab have been completed and ordered.

Central, Mountain and Pacific (west coast) games will be sorted out by the end of the week, wrapping up the 2020 regular season schedule.

I can do this ;)

What's left:

- Sorting/Ordering for CST/MST/PST games in Schedule_Actual tab

- 2020 Spring Training schedule

- 2020 MiLB schedule

Archived