New avatar & signature guidelines

Trues

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's absolutely ridiculous,

if Cory Lidle means so much to you then why not give your entire signature space up for him

And if you are going to change the signature rules 'to honor' someone who has died recently, then why not do it for someone who meant more to the game like Buck O'Neil or Kirby Puckett?

if Cory Lidle means so much to you then why not give your entire signature space up for him

And if you are going to change the signature rules 'to honor' someone who has died recently, then why not do it for someone who meant more to the game like Buck O'Neil or Kirby Puckett?

Hmm.. intersesting. But the fashion in which Lidle died is far different, and I do think that an exception should be made, just for another week or so; in respect of Cory's family.

with cory lidle, and the circumstances, people should make an exception i think.

Think again

Like Hory said if the rules did not change when Buck or Kirby died why should they when a borderline good pitcher whos career will have no impact on the game of baseball dies

you mean to tell me you people feel so sad that you want to honor Lidle by having his image in your sig but you are not willing to remove your normal sig while you do it?

lol.

I honestly would like to hear a defense against this. It's GOTTA be good because at this point, I'd just walk away. Can there be a good point against this :question:

Well, I guess I got to run things past people in here.

what is the deal with 2 images in peoples sigs?

Some of these guys in here wanted to give a rememberence to Cory Lidle because of what happened to him by putting a tribute to him on their sig. They asked if they can put up on a temporary basis a second sig to do so. It was run past Trues, who happens to own this website, and he gave his approval. That's why this is going on.

You mean the extra Cory Lidle sigs?

You stay out of it please. Thank you.

with cory lidle, and the circumstances, people should make an exception i think.

It already has. See my response that I gave to Kraw. :)

I'm sorry this bothers you. I don't understand why this should be an issue with you. It's not hurting you in any way, shape or form Hory. This is just what some people wanted to do. They wanted to have a tribute sig for this guy and that was that.

The reason why this was not done for Kirby Puckett and Buck O'Neill (both deserving I should add) is because no one thought of it and no one suggested it. If they had asked when Puckett died in March, it would have been granted.

The reason is that Lidle died suddenly and unexpected, way too young, and very tragically. Kirby was a better man and nallplayer than Lidle ever would hope to be, but he had that disease, and it was feared for some time maybe this was it. And for Buck O'Neill, he was 94, and he had been sent into a hospital a week before he died. Lidle was only 34, and no one excpected how it happened.

Besides, why do you care what someone puts for their sig?

:wtg:

Agreed completely.

If you want to honor someone, temporarily give up your regular sig.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of these guys in here wanted to give a rememberence to Cory Lidle because of what happened to him by putting a tribute to him on their sig. They asked if they can put up on a temporary basis a second sig to do so. It was run past Trues, who happens to own this website, and he gave his approval. That's why this is going on.

BTW can I have premission to honor:

Kirby Puckett

Buck O'Neill

Dick Wagner

and a dog named skippy

I mean I feel so deeply sad, sure I never met any of these people, but it is my way of honoring them.

It would only be 5 images for my SIG

I understand none of these people ever played for the yankees but please do not hold that against them

I understand none of these people ever played for the yankees but please do not hold that against them

:chin: It had nothing to do with Lidle playing for the Yankees. For the last time, no one ever thought of asking anyone on the staff to display a tribute sig when Puckett died. If they did, I am sure the request would have been granted by Trues. It just never came up.

Never mind that Lidle was only a Yankee from July 31st. That is very convieniently left out of this.

The majority of people against the Cory Lidle sig issue are Yankee haters. Just a trend I noticed...

Not all of them. SwinginSoriano is supposed to be a Yankee fan, or at least he says he is. But he was against it because he must have somehow got it into his head that I was behind having people having a memorial sig for Lidle.

He did die and all, but it is time to move on... you just can't mourn the guy your whole life... The Baseball World has already moved on, and don't even mention him anymore...

I guess we can also tell that to Lidle's family and friends.

Archived