New: Multiple Previews

thr33niL

Post below will bash Gotay. How much you wanna bet lol

Alright, if you'd like.

Not even the Royals wanted Ruben Gotay. Ouch. And apparently the Mets felt the same way:

"By adding Castillo to our club, we felt like were able to improve our second-base situation." -- Omar Minaya

Double ouch.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After acquiring Luis Castillo on Monday to fill the second-base void...

Wow they really are acting like Gotay isn't even there, aren't they. He's only hitting the cover off the ball in his short stint but they must be betting against him keeping it up.

Is the Brewers pack/anything else you've been working on, ready to be uploaded yet? I'd love to get them into the next 07 models.big.

I will try to get something out, or at least to you for the next update. I scratched Villanueva and Gallardo off my list since they were done very well in a prospect pack a while back. Still haven't started on Turnbow yet but have Fielder, TGJ, Braun (released?), Hall and Hart done. I have a Hardy face done as well but it didn't turn out as well as I hoped. I may get to Turnbow and Hardy (redone) in the next day or two and will probably call it good. Unless you have anymore requests there Kage. LMK

Big Twins fan here....any chance of a Pat Neshek and/or Alexi Casilla cyberface?

Also, thanks for all your work on these. The faces really add to the feel of the game!

Actually been wanting to do Neshek for a while and now that Casilla is up, I may get to him as well.

=============================================

I still also want to get some more Royal faces done as a kind of payback for Spungos ridiculously outstanding uniforms. Too bad I almost know nothing about their org. and who deserves a face. So far I have Gordon, Blanco, Teahan, Shealy, Greinke, Butler, Hochevar, Nunez, and Buck (EAmods) released I believe. Not sure who else needs and update.

Royals that might need new faces: Joey Gathright, newly acquired Kyle Davies, and perhaps the other Ryan Braun.

If I could interject -- no on all three. Gathright already has a very nice cyberface, Ryan Braun is a nobody who will do nothing, and Kyle Davies is a somebody who has yet to do something... although I'd take a cyber of him after a few other Royals.

If I were to get my wish, the following Royals would have cyberfaces, in this order:

SS Tony Pena Jr. (pressbox)

OF Chris Lubanski (no pressbox, but a placeholder would be great until he gets a pressbox in spring training next year)

OF Mitch Maier (I have an old pressbox of him)

SP Tyler Lumsden (not sure if there's a pressbox for him)

SP Billy Bucker (I have an old pressbox)

SP Kyle Davies (I'm assuming he has a pressbox)

OF Justin Huber (pressbox)

Of course I'd much rather take perfected Buck, Gordon, and Butler faces over all these guys. Our big three for the future are Butler, Gordon, and Lubanski, so I think they take precedence over everyone else and should have the best cybers on the team.

Also, I second that Pat Neshek face as well. And I would second the Russel Martin request, however I think there is already another great Martin face that was just released not too long ago.

With that Teixeira work, I can't wait to see the quality on your next batch of faces, thr33nil. You're the best in the biz...

I must have the wrong Gathright face then. Which one are you talking about?

And Davies is going to instantly become a member of the rotation, therefore he deserves one.

Here's the Gathright face:

http://mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2924.html

I'm using most of those cyberfaces, I think they're pretty good.

And I think Mike Napoli would be a good face to make. I like the modders that concentrate on prospect faces. It's a lot more fun to see faces for new players who should pan out to be the next big stars, rather than filling in every person on the big league roster with a face. Sure Davis is in the rotation now, but I think it'd be more exciting to see some Royals prospects get faces, as they have more of a chance than Davies to win my heart and my love...

Here's the Gathright face:

http://mvpmods.com/Downloads/details/id=2924.html

I'm using most of those cyberfaces, I think they're pretty good.

And I think Mike Napoli would be a good face to make. I like the modders that concentrate on prospect faces. It's a lot more fun to see faces for new players who should pan out to be the next big stars, rather than filling in every person on the big league roster with a face. Sure Davis is in the rotation now, but I think it'd be more exciting to see some Royals prospects get faces, as they have more of a chance than Davies to win my heart and my love...

You know Kyle Davies has a face already right?

If only I could make uniforms like thespungo, perhaps you would do a Trevor Crowe face then Wink

anyway, I think Francisco Cordero and maybe Ben Sheets also deserve a new look for your Brewers pack.

I thought someone else already did a Crowe face? I started to do one, then stopped because I saw a WIP on him.

I will take a look at Cordero and Sheets as well. Meant to put that in my previous post.

SS Tony Pena Jr. (pressbox)

OF Chris Lubanski (no pressbox, but a placeholder would be great until he gets a pressbox in spring training next year)

Will start with these two. I can only find a small mug of Lubanski but it should do for a decent likeness. BTW.. TPJ looks like a freakin' elf. lol

I know I've been begging you for an Accardo face, but now that one is already done by someone else, maybe I could ask you for another. Would you consider updating Russel Martin's face?

Who ended up doing the Accardo face? I tried to talk cami02 into it a while back since it was giving me fits. Russell Martin? I thought he already had a good face done?

Actually, I did (read: tried) a Crowe face myself, but it didn't work for me at all. If you still have the .psd file perhaps you can finish it, unless there's still lots of work to be done ... and when you're done with mr-my-uniforms-are-absolutely-breathtaking spungo ;)

Who ended up doing the Accardo face? I tried to talk cami02 into it a while back since it was giving me fits. Russell Martin? I thought he already had a good face done?

A guy named cujosevic released a Jays pack with an Accardo face. Its good for now (not nearly the quality of your work, no offense to him). As for Martin, there is a face for him but its not too good and its kinda outdated as to how he looks in his pressbox picture.

Actually, I did (read: tried) a Crowe face myself, but it didn't work for me at all. If you still have the .psd file perhaps you can finish it, unless there's still lots of work to be done ... and when you're done with mr-my-uniforms-are-absolutely-breathtaking spungo ;)

Hows this?

trevorcrowenl1.jpg

(that shadowy-ness is just the angle, not the texture)

Never heard of Crowe, but the face looks alright. It looks like you didn't use a good quality picture, so I'll bet you did a great job with what you had.

Also, I was just looking through the Royals pressbox page to see who had photos posted. If I could revise my list, here are my Royal wants:

SS Tony Pena Jr.

OF Chris Lubanski

OF Mitch Maier

SP Tyler Lumsden

SP Billy Bucker

SP Kyle Davies

SP Daniel Christensen

OF Justin Huber

Tough crowd today. Yeesh.

crowebj8.jpg

Looks pretty close to me. Maybe the chin is a bit longer but... (splittin' hairs)

The texture is good BTW.. Its looks bad cause its not a really close-up screenie.

0000pn6.png

Will fix the chin a smidge before a release.

Archived