New: Multiple Previews

thr33niL

i've always seen them listed as dark navy blue. some people claim they're black, but i've yet to see it. i haven't seem them wear any alternates this year yet. i know i've seen do the pilots throwbacks a few times. but hell, if you wanna get creative and make a whole new design and colors and such, i'd love to see it :) but that's as much as i know about them. i personally loved the teal ones too, but it wasn't very popular back then.

and thr33nil, if you're referring to seeing pirates, don't you dare post a spoiler. i have to wait for my gf to move up here next month before i can go see it.

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've heard the same as homer. Some people call them black and some call them extremely EXTREMELY DARK blue. Watching on TV they look black but very well could be blue.

What you posted spungo looks pretty damn good.

================================================

As far as Pirates is concerned... I won't spoil it for homer but I was disappointed. It started out great but got weird and slow in spots. Definitely the worst out of the 3 movies when it had the potential to be the best.

Why?

:::Semi-Spoiler:::

All I will say is they ruined this movie for the sake of leaving it open for a 4th movie. After 2 movies, you expect some closure out of the 3rd. You won't find anything resembling closure in this film.

The Huber shape looks pretty good but as you stated, some mapping needs to be fixed a long with the guy's skin. When the new 2007 texture is used, that Justin's gonna be a knock-out. The John Buck is pretty good, too, but I think he looks a bit like his skin is stretched from too many plastic surgeries. Also, give the guy some longer hair, a Leno-esque chin and beef him up a bit -- he looks a bit skinny in your screenshot:

b5ee39b0-8317-496b-a284-3907623be1e5.jpg

As usual, some great work is going on in here...

Gotta recommend getting the prospect packs that were just released by cami02/Vladimir Pujols. A lot of it is really good looking stuff. Saves me from having to do a few guys that I had on my list.

Speaking of which, I did notice the Clement face is a re-textured version on the Clement face I did last year. Not sure what other bases he used without giving credit but.. it'd be nice to see some credit given were deserved.

Not too mad about it cause the guy did a great job. :) Definitely improved on my '06 texture. The Francoeur and Hermida faces are top notch as well. Will be itchin' to see more come from this guy.

He seems like a really nice guy too. Exchanged a few PMs with him. He's Korean and has a little trouble with English but I kind of understood what he was talking about. lol

Lets hope he releases a bunch more faces. Never can have enough good modders!

NYMets R.Castro update and Joe Smith request

Heres a quick Castro retex. Not sure who made the original (that came with the 07 models.big) but I updated the .fsh for ya.

castroko7.png

Let me know if that is a little too "red". I seems to match his portrait pretty good color wise.

I was going to do a Joe Smith but if you look at the recent Salty face released by cami02 HERE, it looks like a (close to) perfect Joe Smith face. The two guys could be twins.

What happend to the shape you used before? I liked the first screenshot you posted, sans texture...

I assure you that my first version and second version both used the same headshape (Aaron Boone's)

I've been looking for an 05 version face to use, but I haven't found one.

Update for Vlady Guerrero. His default face always seemed kind of plain and lacking contrast. I think I did a decent upgrade. I gave him some scruffy hair and a ragedy goat. Also gave him a better eyeball texture.

Hope you guys like it.

vladpn0.png

looks alot like mine...

vladdypreviewix9.jpg

not to hi-jack your thread or anything. I never released mine because it wasn't too well received. I found a nice dreadlock texture that I used to re-do his hair. If you want I'll send my .fsh to you and you can swipe the hair for yours. It looks really cool.

Archived