New: Multiple Previews

thr33niL

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean by "my side of it"? If you're asking me what my face number is, it's 636.

Also, please don't treat me like I know nothing. I don't think it's too difficult to tell me what face number is shown.

and how the hell was i supposed to know that or what your knowlegde level of these things are? you asked a question and i was trying to help. if that's too much for you then i'll waste my time with someone else who wants the help.

I only asked what the number should be! Since I knew all of that I think its easy to understand that I know a decent amount about this stuff. Is it really that difficult to pull up MVPedit and look?

Also, I never was mad about this. I politely asked you to try to keep from talking down to me.

I only asked what the number should be! Since I knew all of that I think its easy to understand that I know a decent amount about this stuff.

knowing that you know that the faces are numbered tells me nothing about your knowledge level of cyberfaces. it tells me nothing about what roster you're using, if you even know how to use mvpedit, if you even have it, if you know how to properly install it, how you installed it, how you installed the cyberface... it tells me none of that. when someone here asks for help you don't just assume they know everything otherwise they wouldn't be asking.

I politely asked you to try to keep from talking down to me.

how am i talking down to you when i'm just trying to guage how much you know about this? how am i supposed to help if i don't know what you know about doing all of this?

Is it really that difficult to pull up MVPedit and look?

no it's not, so do it yourself. because i'm assuming you're not doing it because you either don't have it or don't know how to use it. but apparently that's talking down to you. so i'll just move on.

no it's not, so do it yourself. because i'm assuming you're not doing it because you either don't have it or don't know how to use it. but apparently that's talking down to you. so i'll just move on.

What? I did go and look. I told you my number for him was 636. How does it fix my problem to look myself anyway? The point is, I need someone else that has the face working to tell me their number.

I really just need someone to tell me what THIER number is. That's it. It shouldn't involve exchanging any other information unless I find that their number doesn't work either.

You made it sound like you didn't know a whole lot when you said something like - for some reason, its not showing up. If you know all about this stuff, you would know exactly why it wasn't showing up. Homer had no idea what your experience level is/was/will be. Regardless, uncool to snarl at someone trying to help you.

To the question. Fernando Martinez never had a face so I assigned him 706. You can also change it to whatever fits your models.big. 706 is originally Mark Sweeney (in the MVP07 release). Since he isn't a prominent player and has a fairly generic face, I didn't see much harm in overwriting him.

What? I did go and look. I told you my number for him was 636. How does it fix my problem to look myself anyway? The point is, I need someone else that has the face working to tell me their number.

I really just need someone to tell me what THIER number is. That's it. It shouldn't involve exchanging any other information unless I find that their number doesn't work either.

It doesn't matter what anyone elses number is. It matters what your number is. To my knowledge, there isn't an official number for FMart. Its all custom to this point. You would have to check up with KGs or Big Shmooz's models.big releases.

If you already had a face for him and its "636", you take the updated face, regardless of the face number, and change it to 636 so it will match up with your MVPedit and Model.big.

You made it sound like you didn't know a whole lot when you said something like - for some reason, its not showing up. If you know all about this stuff, you would know exactly why it wasn't showing up. Homer had no idea what your experience level is/was/will be. Regardless, uncool to snarl at someone trying to help you.

I never said I know all about this. I merely wanted to make it clear I knew that the question I was asking would fix my problem.

Also, please don't treat me like I know nothing. I don't think it's too difficult to tell me what face number is shown.

Is this really considered "snarling". I was trying to ask nicely. I'm sorry that it came across rudely.

Also, just wanted to clarify that 706 did work. Thanks for taking the time to deal with my rudeness.

Is this really considered "snarling". I was trying to ask nicely. I'm sorry that it came across rudely.

Also, just wanted to clarify that 706 did work. Thanks for taking the time to deal with my rudeness.

Its an immediately defensive stance. So call it what you want - snarly, defensive, whatever. You'll find a lot of helpful people on this site. But getting defensive with someone that is just trying to help sets things off on the wrong foot.

Anyway. Hope you like the face man. Its just an 04 model but since he's a New Yorker - I couldn't let him occupy too much of my time. ;)

Just so you know, I did some re-texturing on that pack (Martinez and Gomez) so if you downloaded it a while back, you would have the versions that are too "red" color wise. I fixed it and updated the file fairly recently.

Since all you have to worry about on the 04 faces is the texture and mapping, its easy to knock those out quick. Like this.

brandonmorrowto8.png

Knocked this up when the M's game started. Was taking this screenie by the 2nd inning. I really want to do an '05 face for Morrow but this will do as a decent place holder for now. 04 faces are seriously easy. You just run into the problem of it not looking as realistic as it could be - head shape wise.

I did a Feierabend 05 style face... but really screwed up the eyes somehow so I kinda put it on the back burner. I am good at eye editing stuff starting from scratch, but when I screw something up... wow its tough to fix.

yeah, i hate when i screw things up. but i've found the best way to fix something like that is to use the uv mapper and pick out one vertice at a time and place it back where it's supposed to be based on where the mapper shows it. but good luck. i hate doing that kind of tedious work.

yeah no kidding. you never have to expect much, but that's dang good. i think some of us are getting spoiled these days with 2x and pressbox :) it wasn't long ago that that was an excellent face regardless.

True. If it isn't spot on, photo-realistic - It's no good these days.

Just about ready to re-start my dynasty ...AGAIN. I started a dynasty thread and about 4 series in, messed up the stats by fudging with the projector option in MVP2005 editor. I didn't know what the projector option did really so I had to mess with it :(. So.. All the pitcher stats were projected for a whole season and I didn't notice until I saved.

ah-well. I guess I will take the Bavasi/Hargrove mess and see if I can fix it in my next run. Now, ..what to do with Jeff Weaver?

Archived