New: Multiple Previews

thr33niL

• Replies 725
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going to start working on a Brewer face pack since they deserve some revamping. Here is a short list of who I want to get some work in on..

Corey Hart

Francisco Cordero

Derrick Turnbow

Tony Gwynn Jr.

Carlos Villanueva

Might do a few more updates and retextures on existing faces like Capuano and Sheets. Probably a few others. But I will most likely release it as a complete pack. Open to suggestions.

Just working on a J.J. Hardy and heres a WIP preview. Its pretty close to done.

jjhardyrl0.png

I still have a few Royals faces in the works. Am about done with the John Buck face.

Notice the armbands are still all funky. Those things are tough to oedit. When you change their placement and have to make them bigger to clear the arm, its especially hard to keep them round. They tend to oval out when editing and you can't see it until arm starts popping through in-game.

thr33nil,

Your faces are totally awesome! I am wondering if you plan to do Mark Reynolds of the DBacks, Mike Rouse of the Indians, Matt Capps of the Pirates and Ryan Spilborghs of the Rockies? I sure hope so! You are truly one of the best at this.

Thank you!

sccommish

I'm not a huge fan of Hardy, but I think Bill Hall is a definite upgrade and Tony looks pretty good as well,. even though he has a goofy headshape in real life.

Still working on Hardy. Not sure what it is about it but it does still feel a bit "off". I haven't seen much of Gwynn. Still looking for a good profile shot to measure against.

When do you plan on releasing the Brewers pack? My MVP playing fingers are itchy after looking at you screenshots Very Happy

Not quite sure yet. Depends on how many guys I decide to do. We'll see..

The Brewers faces are very impressive, thr33niL. The only critique I have is that the only problem with Hardy is his eyes. Other than that, you nailed it.

If you're going to do more faces for them, I'd consider Corey Hart, a new Francisco Cordero, maybe Matt Wise, and definitely Carlos Villanueva.

Excellent work, as usual. I'll download some of those Brewers.

Oh, and by the by, I'm almost done with your Mariners uniform pack -- have you scrapped the Royals faces or just put them on hold?

Of course the Royals are still in the works. John Buck is about done I think. Then kind of got on a tangent with Cubs720 working on Huber and then I did Vlad.

Been pretty busy with work the last few days (end of last week, start of this one) but hopefully I can get a free evening sometime this week to get some more done.

great Brewers faces, man! Can't wait to see Francisco Cordero.

I'm thinking about starting a NL dynasty and this Brewers pack might convince me to use them. Great work.

Same here. Ever since Braun came up - I planned on a Brewer dynasty myself. That is a hell of a young talented squad.

================================

I'm pretty much done with all my Mariner modding for now. I may do a few tweaks here and there but nothing major. I think most of my efforts will be working towards putting together the Brewer pack and a Royals comp.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't you do a face of Ryan Feierabend? I seem to recall that but then again I can't find the download...

I did one but never released it because I was having some trouble fixing the eyes. I messed with it and messed with it until they were beyond repair. Heres a screenie of what I have and I may just have to bite the bullet and redo the ord/orl.

rfhb0.png

I also redid Prince Fielder for the Brewer pack and tried to work some more on J.J. Hardy. I still think Hardys off. Its one of those times I don't really know how to fix it. I think the eyes need to be farther apart and skewed. Not sure. Here are some screenies.

fielderrq1.png

hardylr9.png

hardy should be a quick fix, just looks cross eyed. take the left eye (none of the white, just the corneal part) and move it a little bit to the left. should take care of it. otherwise looks perfect.

as far as feierabend, i'm not seeing it...what's the problem with it?

What KG is saying, and I agree, is that Hardy's face is inaccurate because of the eyes. I may just pick out a new model and match up my texture. See how that works.

You can't really tell by the picture of Feierabend but his eyes are screwed up pretty good. Almost like they are sunk back in his head. Just to the point where it would be more work to fix it that it would be to start over as far as the head shape is concerned.

i guess i'm not seeing it like you guys. all i see is a small problem with the location of the eyes. i still only see that the left eye is crossed, and not looking forward. i'd personally just try moving that first to see how it looks instead of having to start all over. i wouldn't throw that one away just yet.

Archived