Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

What are the differences between the "STANDARD" and "PLUS" rosters exactly? If I plan on using the new models.big kraw said was coming then I need to use the PLUS rosters, right? Does that mean I can't tweak kg's standard rosters in the meantime because it'll be unusable once I download the new models.big?

I think you can because the new models.big files come with an roster updater that will edit your rosters to be compatible. However, I'm not sure.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good point. I forgot to add the stubble facial hair mod to this update, so unless you've downloaded one of my roster updates before, you're going to have a lot of bearded players.

To fix Tulo, download the older plus version of the roster, where you'll find a folder called "Facial Hair". Install the files as directed, and all the beards will disappear. Sorry about that. I'll update the download to include the facial hair mod.

I upgraded my rosters (KG's) and started a Dynasty as the Toronto Blue Jays, the season opener was against Detroit. The funny part is that the Baseball Park was for the Angels of California. Nice park but game 1 was there, game two was in Detroits Comerica Park as it should be.

Thought I would let you know, I installed the Gloves and Uniforms as well. Thanks for all your efforts by the way.

New Comer Owen

The standard version is not compatible with a modified models.big (aka anything other than the CD file). I only updated the standard version for now because a new models.big is coming out, so the plus version would be all messed up because of the cyberface changes in the new models.big.

Thanks. Would this plus-maker that is apparently coming out with the models.big fix this issue? Meaning, can I make my minor tweaks on your standard roster tonight and just run this "plus-maker" to make it compatible with the new models.big that will be released?

If so, will your "PLUS" version tomorrow be your standard roster just run with this plus utility or will there be other changes worth waiting for?

Thirdly, you seemed interested in making the SAV with real DL but are you planning on going ahead and doing this?

Thanks again as always!

Thanks. Would this plus-maker that is apparently coming out with the models.big fix this issue? Meaning, can I make my minor tweaks on your standard roster tonight and just run this "plus-maker" to make it compatible with the new models.big that will be released?

Yes

Yes.

If so, will your "PLUS" version tomorrow be your standard roster just run with this plus utility or will there be other changes worth waiting for?

I've already made a few minor changes (demoting Nook Logan, promoting Casto) and I expect to make a few more minor ones. thr33nil has sent me a bunch of Mariners changes, so I'll add those. It might be worth waiting until tomorrow.

Thirdly, you seemed interested in making the SAV with real DL but are you planning on going ahead and doing this?

I'm working on my anatomy homework, and I will be starting that project afterwards. Hopefully, it won't be too difficult. I'm not 100% familiar with tywiggins' MVP Editor, so it might take a couple days.

Yes

Thanks guys, sounds good.

I'm working on my anatomy homework, and I will be starting that project afterwards. Hopefully, it won't be too difficult. I'm not 100% familiar with tywiggins' MVP Editor, so it might take a couple days.

You'd have to load up each injured player in his Editor and give them an injury "type" and "length" in days. This will make them injured but not put them on the DL. You might be able to see if advancing a day will have the AI put them all in DL slots or leave them injured on the bench but otherwise - you'd have to then use the "Team Changer" to switch to each team to move the injured players to a DL slot before you will have the roster space. Also keep in mind that you can't demote an injured player so not to 'injure' more than 4 guys at each level (4 DL spots: 2 15-day, 2 60-day).

Yes.

I've already made a few minor changes (demoting Nook Logan, promoting Casto) and I expect to make a few more minor ones. thr33nil has sent me a bunch of Mariners changes, so I'll add those. It might be worth waiting until tomorrow.

I'm not sure about MVPEditor but with Ty's .dat importer/exporter it creates an injuries.dat file which you can edit.

I'm going to take the MVP Editor approach, since I didn't want to mess with editing the .dat files with the .dat exporter/importer.

FOr guys with injuries not listed in the game, I'll give them something close. For example, Dallas McPherson is out with backsurgery, but since that's not an option, I gave him a hernia.

I'm going to take the MVP Editor approach, since I didn't want to mess with editing the .dat files with the .dat exporter/importer.

FOr guys with injuries not listed in the game, I'll give them something close. For example, Dallas McPherson is out with backsurgery, but since that's not an option, I gave him a hernia.

Thanks for doing this KG, I'm sure a lot of people will Appreciate it (I sure do!) :wtg:

[

You'd have to load up each injured player in his Editor and give them an injury "type" and "length" in days. This will make them injured but not put them on the DL. You might be able to see if advancing a day will have the AI put them all in DL slots or leave them injured on the bench but otherwise - you'd have to then use the "Team Changer" to switch to each team to move the injured players to a DL slot before you will have the roster space. Also keep in mind that you can't demote an injured player so not to 'injure' more than 4 guys at each level (4 DL spots: 2 15-day, 2 60-day).

Yea, using the team changer and assigning the players to the DL manually would be the best approach as we all know the CPU isn't too clever when it comes to reorganizing the rosters.

You're doing this for the 07 plus version I hope :)

kg, Great roster set. If you'd like a little Detroit Tigers help there are three minor leaguers who could be on the Lakeland Flying Tigers.

( All three are on Baseball America's top prospects )

Audy Ciriaco-SS

Jonah Nickerson-SP

Ronnie Bourquin-3B

Brennan Boesch-RF

Wait, that's four. Oh well, it's late. I hope this helps. I'd be more than willing to help out on any Tigers info you may need.

kg, Great roster set. If you'd like a little Detroit Tigers help there are three minor leaguers who could be on the Lakeland Flying Tigers.

( All three are on Baseball America's top prospects )

Audy Ciriaco-SS

Jonah Nickerson-SP

Ronnie Bourquin-3B

Brennan Boesch-RF

Wait, that's four. Oh well, it's late. I hope this helps. I'd be more than willing to help out on any Tigers info you may need.

I thought about adding Boesch, but there's already 5 good outfielders in Lakeland. Ill take a look at the other guys as well. Thanks Ivanhoe.

standard is the way to go I think.

anyone with a brain can edit the plusmaker ini for there own personal models.big if the wished

It's a .sav file, so the plusmaker wouldn't be used.

Although, after I finish, I could use the .dat exporter to extract the .dat files, and then people could use those and run the plusmaker.

I've had some problems with the .dat exporter. It has a few strange bugs. I tried to import the .dats and end up with at least 2 pitchers per organization who's attributes were all messed up. Their "overall" bar went down to 0 and their stamina was changed to "0/50." When I edited one of these players to fix the stamina it changed the stamina and pitch attributes for ALL of these players but without fixing the "overall" for any of them. So I now had 50 or more players that were apparently all controlled by the same pitching attributes and all have the worst overall in the game. Long story short, I wouldn't depend on using it for your rosters until all these bugs are corrected. So, I'd make the SAV file the plus version so it's compatible with the new models.big.