Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Griffey is going to start the season in Right Field if he's ready by opening day.

Also, Schill now throws a changeup. According the the Red Sox site, the pitch's movement went away from left handers.

To the person who posted the pictures of the beginner's curve, no major league pitcher would ever use that as the finger would be the ultimate tip.

The rotoworld lineup for the Tigers is very likely wrong. The lineup Leyland has used the most this spring has been:

Granderson CF

Polanco 2B

Sheffield DH

Guillen SS

Ordonez RF

Casey 1B

Rodriguez C

Monroe LF

Inge 3B

The Rotation is set as follows

Bondo

Kenny

JV

Nate Dog

Maroth

On Monday, right before the Bucs game. He was out of options so Gillick decided to put him on waivers. Dunno why it's not made official on phillies.com.

Sorry for the OT, KG.

It was mentioned in a Padres article about Jake Peavy and his off-season workouts or something over at mlb.com

Cubs notes:

Released RHP Eli Diaz

Released RHP Alfredo Francisco

Released LHP Nate Bland

Released C Kevin Ciarrachi

Released 1B Jason Hart

Released 1B Luther Murphy

Released SS Derek Wathan

Released OF Tony Miller

Released OF Nathan Price

Off the top of my head, I think only Bland, Hart, Wathan, Miller, and Price were in the rosters.

Hi great job with the rosters.

Quick question, do these rosters use new uniforms, gloves, faces, etc? New meaning not from the original cd. My video card sucks I just want up to date rosters. Is there a way I can use your rosters with default uniforms and everything else?

Thanks.

Awesome! Its really cool being able to play this game with up to date accurate rosters.

The only problem I have is, some faces are messed up (Oswalt) and some gloves are glowing green. Its most likely something on my end, probably an issue with my video card, is there a way to fix this? Thanks again.

Ahh yes. The glove problem occurs because I have the roster set up for 1b to feature thespungo's first baseman's glove. Because your game doesn't have the glove installed, it shows a green/red mixture instead. If you go ahead and install that glove mod, it'll be fixed. If you don't want to, send me a PM with your email, and I'll send you a roster that doesn't utilize the 1b gloves.

I'm not sure what's wrong with Oswalt's face. It appears to be set up correctly. I'll look into it.

You'd have to ask SwinginSoriano about that, especially for Major Leaguers. In the next update, I should have all MLB players updated hot/cold zones finally done.

For minor leaguers, I just stereotype and give lefties hot zones down and in, and righties middle in hot zones. I've never found that batting a ball in the hot or cold zones makes much of a difference, so I don't put too much stock into whether players have truly accurate zones.

Also, Schill now throws a changeup. According the the Red Sox site, the pitch's movement went away from left handers.

It´s a Circle Change:

73489949.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4A

and he´s been throwing it for a couple of years now:

To the person who posted the pictures of the beginner's curve, no major league pitcher would ever use that as the finger would be the ultimate tip.

Josh Beckett:

71601272.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=08A18

Eric Gagne:

71383386.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=17A4A

Kenny Rogers:

71613605.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=08A18

You'd have to ask SwinginSoriano about that, especially for Major Leaguers. In the next update, I should have all MLB players updated hot/cold zones finally done.

For minor leaguers, I just stereotype and give lefties hot zones down and in, and righties middle in hot zones. I've never found that batting a ball in the hot or cold zones makes much of a difference, so I don't put too much stock into whether players have truly accurate zones.

Thanks KG. I'm just kind of experimenting around with this. I made all the zones neutral just to see what would happen. Not enough games played to draw any conclusions yet, though.

Are you using mine or something else? I used MLB hot and cold zone stats for mine, varying them depending on the batting average of a player and his splits.

I found hot zones on the Fox Sports website. Are there better sites for this information?

KG is right, though, it doesn't seem to make much difference. I keep getting 7-5 type games, even with contract and power sliders set at minus 50. I'd kill for a good pitcher's duel.

This is for CPU vs CPU, btw. When I use the gamepad, it's easy to keep the offense down. I just want to switch the game to "autopilot" for a few innings without the game undergoing a massive offensive explosion.

Cardinals Rotation announced:

#1 Chris Carpenter

#2 Kip Wells

#3 Branden Looper

#4 Adam Wainwright

#5 Anthony Reyes

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...7news&fext=.jsp

EDIT: on another note, Zumaya´s off speed pitches should be: mid 80´s curveball and a 90 mph circle changeup:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20...7news&fext=.jsp

Josh Beckett:

Eric Gagne:

Kenny Rogers:

No MLB pitcher is going to throw a pitch with his finger up. There's no way, unless you can show me a picture of them doing this, you're completely wrong.

It´s a Circle Change:

and he´s been throwing it for a couple of years now:

You can also quit being a condescending cocksucker. Last time I checked, he's just started using it more now. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of pitchers who have experimented for a while, just because you throw a changeup during BP doesn't mean you've been throwing it for years.

No MLB pitcher is going to throw a pitch with his finger up. There's no way, unless you can show me a picture of them doing this, you're completely wrong.

ahh the pictures are right there, below their names, if you can´t see them then I´d gladly post them again for you...

You can also quit being a condescending ****. Last time I checked, he's just started using it more now. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of pitchers who have experimented for a while, just because you throw a changeup during BP doesn't mean you've been throwing it for years.

where is all this attitude coming from?, I didn´t mean to offend you or anything like that...geez... all Im saying is that i´ve seen him throw it in games this past few years...