Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was your question? If you are afraid to ask you can always PM me.

I've just read that Daniel Cabrera's slider is this curve, possibly a knuckle-curve the entire time?

Oh. I missed his question too, look:

How exactly were those of you with AR's able to get this to work? I've done everything the readme file says, and it still won't show up. I've transferred the kg and UR75 roster files to my AR folder, thinking it may have just been one of the files. It even shows the files on my AR memory card when the AR program is open. However, when I put the card into the XBOX memory card slot on the controller, the files don't show up in the game when I try to load rosters. Why is that? What am I missing?

If this has already been discussed I apologize. I'm just not that compelled to scan through 59 pages.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I don't have an Xbox so I personally did not say anything to help. I'd do more harm than good.

Well Kg. While both you & Totte have put out some fine rosters I want to let you know that I will be using yours for all my upcomming (attempted) dynasties.

My reasons are as follows:

1. your minor league rosters & overall attention to minors detail. (I can only really base this statement on my Phillies organization but I feel as though you have alot of the players pretty spot on. I won't be changing many if any ratings here).

2. More player photos

3. more accurate ratings (pitcher ratings tend to be MORE accurate while batter ratings tend to be too conservative[sS's compiling method I'm guessing] however with the fall of roids in the mlb I feel as though this method may produce more accurate stats over a dynasty.

Ultimately I love both roster sets and am extremely grateful for the time each of you have invested.

While I'm here I want to lobby for the inclusion of certain Phillies prospects in your next release. I realize ST has everything in a funk right now & some of these guys may NOT make Clearwater to start off the year but considering the lack of quality prospects in the Phillies system I really think that you need to give some of these guys a look as they very well may be players in the Phillies future.

1. Adrien Cardenas ss

2. Andrew Carpenter sp

3. D'Arby Myers of

4. Kyle Drabek sp

5. Charlie yarbrough 1b

6. Wellinson baez 3b/ss (?)

7. Jesus Sanchez c (?)

give these guys a look here: http://phuturephillies.com/ This guy seems to have a pretty good system down for rating prospects. I came away very impressed.

Keep up the stellar work KG.

How exactly were those of you with AR's able to get this to work? I've done everything the readme file says, and it still won't show up. I've transferred the kg and UR75 roster files to my AR folder, thinking it may have just been one of the files. It even shows the files on my AR memory card when the AR program is open. However, when I put the card into the XBOX memory card slot on the controller, the files don't show up in the game when I try to load rosters. Why is that? What am I missing?

If this has already been discussed I apologize. I'm just not that compelled to scan through 59 pages.

Thanks in advance for any help.

You need to transfer the file to xbox hard dive first. Remove MVP from xbox. Transfer the file to hard drive, then it shows up as KGBETTA when you go to load rosters. It's rocks too btw. THANKS KG!

3. more accurate ratings (pitcher ratings tend to be MORE accurate while batter ratings tend to be too conservative[sS's compiling method I'm guessing] however with the fall of roids in the mlb I feel as though this method may produce more accurate stats over a dynasty.

Thank you very much! :) I spent too many hours looking at videos to try to get this as right as possible. Of course, every year there's something new to improve that makes rosters get even better! For batter ratings I tend to think they are actually less conservative than UR, but overall this prevents the best rated players on each team from being the 1-4 starters most of the time. Another thing I put a lot of time in is increasing reliever ratings. From what I have seen in my dynasty (which is in mid-september) it has paid off on the most part.

Thank you very much! :) I spent too many hours looking at videos to try to get this as right as possible. Of course, every year there's something new to improve that makes rosters get even better! For batter ratings I tend to think they are actually less conservative than UR, but overall this prevents the best rated players on each team from being the 1-4 starters most of the time. Another thing I put a lot of time in is increasing reliever ratings. From what I have seen in my dynasty (which is in mid-september) it has paid off on the most part.

Are you saying that your roster ratings have helped curve the all-starters in the pen bug? If so then you are due even more praise Swingin. You and KG have a damn good thing going here. Keep it up.

Kg, just a little Cubs update, it seems like Lou Piniella has taken a liking to Matt Murton over Cliff Floyd. Piniella also said that he'd bat Murton second or eighth. So far in ST he's batted second most of the time so I'd change the lineup to Soriano, Murton, Lee, Ramirez, Jones, Barrett, DeRosa, Izturis.

It may be too early, but I don't think there will be a platoon in left, I think Murton gets the job.

Scanned the last two pages and didn't see this, (so I hope it hasn't been pointed out already) but there's duplicates of E. Gonzalez #17 on the Diamondbacks, Great rosters so far though!

Edit: If there's multiple versions this is the version that comes with the MVP 2007 mod as it's default roster.

Curtis Granderson's stance this spring looks more like Carlos Delgado's than anyone else's.

Campusano bears watching. He's a rule 5 and will be returned to the Cubs if he doesn't make the big club, but he's making a bid to do just that.

Fernando Rodney's changeup is more of a trick pitch than anything else. I wonder if he shouldn't have two different kinds of changeup, so it will do different things. He has, however, been effective with the one in the games I've played.