Kgbaseball's Roster Thread

kgbaseball

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could download this KG, as I'm sure it's great, but I went through too much after updating your roster to be compatible with my own models.big that I don't feel like doing it again.

Appreciate your contributions though (and your support)

Btw ... I have Hart and Hardy on my fantasy team -- go Brewers!!! ;)

How do the Tigers look? I think AAA and AA are decent. I'll be adding a couple players to Lakeland since I'm 3 players short there in the next update.

I loaded the roster up in MVPEdit and took a quick look around. I'll have more time later this evening, but I think you've got it.

I think I'll hold off a dynasty until the plus version is ready. I've been spoiled by those cyberfaces.

I wish I could download this KG, as I'm sure it's great, but I went through too much after updating your roster to be compatible with my own models.big that I don't feel like doing it again.

Appreciate your contributions though (and your support)

Btw ... I have Hart and Hardy on my fantasy team -- go Brewers!!! ;)

I know what you mean. I went through a ton of face # swapping when Kage's first 2.0 release came out and started it again on his last one. But when I heard about the Opening Day version being completely overhauled, I held up and will make that my new roster base. Even though it will take about an hour to adjust to my models.big. Yeah I modded the crap out of it.

But heck, I have a busted up shoulder and some time off so what else am I going to do eh. ;)

Can't wait BTW!

a new 07 models will be released in the next day or so that will be greatly improved over the last 07 models.big and better that anything else out for download

it will come with a standard to 07 roster converter, and a XLS list of all faces

That's wonderful news

Looks good, kg. I loaded up your rosters in MVPEdit. Apparently I can't start a Dynasty until the new models.big and then you release a Plus version, right?

I stayed pretty true to the real Daytona roster

You ran into the obvious problem of there being too many guys on the DL so the Daytona roster is actually about half wrong as I expected. Many of those guys are on the AA disabled list and a few of them are on the shortened MiL DL and will be reporting to AA very soon. Also as a result this made every rotation in the organization wrong to their Opening Day roles. Of course, kg, I'm not saying any of this to be critical just saying what I know to help you make them perfect. Yet again, if we could only make 30 man rosters then you wouldn't have this issue but you already know that. There's also a few guys who will be playing new positions this year but are still listed as last year's positions. Mark Pawelek by the way is currently a reliever in Peoria. The *hope* is that he can work his way back into a starting role by the time he's at Daytona but you might want to keep him in relief to remain accurate. Also, Lincoln Holdzkom was released.

Maybe you already had the accurate depth chart but just made the changes you were forced to make? Instead of listing the individual changes, I'll post my org. chart. Take it or leave it as you wish:

AAA IOWA

C: Geovany Soto, Koyie Hill

1B: Micah Hoffpauir

2B: Eric Patterson, Mike Fontenot

3B: Scott Moore, Casey McGehee

SS: Carlos Rojas, Albenis Machado**

LF: Angel Pagan

CF: Felix Pie

RF: Buck Coats

SP: J. R. Mathes, Les Walrond, Randy Wells, Ryan O’Malley, Carlos Marmol, (Prior)

RP: Rocky Cherry (CL), Clay Rapada, Federico Baez, Ben Howard, John Webb, Hector Almonte**, Cory Bailey**

~~DL: Mike Kinkade (3B), Roberto Novoa (RP), Sean Marshall (SP), Juan Mateo (SP)

~~EXST: Mark Prior

AA TENN

C: Jake Fox, Chris Robinson, Tony Richie

1B: Brian Dopirak

2B: Gary Cates

3B: Matt Craig, Jemel Spearman

SS: Joe Simokaitis, Francisco (Issmael) Salas

LF: Josh Kroeger

CF: Chris Walker

RF: Jorge Cortes**

SP: Sean Gallagher, Donald Veal, Mark Holliman, Justin Berg, Kevin Hart

RP: Carmen Pignatiello (CL), Adalberto Mendez, Jim Henderson**, Paul Schappert, Jon Mueller**, Tim Layden, Greg Reinhard

~~DL: Ryne Malone (2B), Ryan Harvey (OF), Sam Fuld (OF), Chris Shaver (SP), Adam Harben (SP-TJ-Out for season)

A DAYTONA

C: Mark Reed, Jake Muyco, Alan Rick

1B: Ryan Norwood, Alberto Garcia (DH-He might be DL bound too)

2B: Nate Spears

3B: Kyle Reynolds

SS: Robinson Chirinos, Matt Matulia**

LF: James Adduci**

CF: Tyler Colvin

RF: Jesus Valdez

SP: Jeff Samardzija, Mitch Atkins, Scott Taylor, Joel Santo, Todd Blackford

RP: Matt Avery (closer), Michael Cooper, Jesse Estrada**, Scott Koerber**, Billy Petrick, Jerry Blevins, Grant Johnson

~~DL: Chris Amador (OF), Michael Phelps (RP)

~~EXST: Mike Billek (SP)

** Players marked with this are borderline "filler" that can be expendable for roster space.

PEORIA prospects who should be considered for our A+ rosters:

First: Josh Lansford (3B), Dylan Johnston (SS), Mark Pawelek (RP), Yusuf Carter (OF), Jeremy Papelbon (RP)

Some others: Billy Muldowney (SP), Jose Ceda (SP), Andy Lopez (OF), Rafael Dolis (SP)

Lower levels (SS/Rk) or unassigned: Drew Rundle (OF), Chris Huseby (SP), Sammy Baez (SS), Larry Suarez (SP)

KG, I was wondering if you could possible do something included with your next roster release. If its too much work just say so. Would it be possible to include a dynasty save that has everyone who is injured on their correct DL spot? That way anyone can just use the team changer to switch to whatever team they want and play out a realistic dynasty. Its okay if your plates already full though.

Thanks owls. Like you said, if I could have 30 man rosters, I'd have everything 100% right, but unfortunately, it's just not possible. The problem usually lies in pitchers, where I'm forced to exclude a couple from each level because of the 25 man limit. Obviously that's why guys like Federico Baez and JR Mathes are left off the AAA squad. If there was an option to put players on the DL with MVPEdit, that would be awesome, but again, it's not possible.

The release of Holdzkom and Thomas Atlee clear up 2 spots in Tennessee's roster, and I will be moving Tim Layden and Justin Berg up to AA. I'll create a couple pitchers for Daytona.

Thanks for your input, owls.

KG, I was wondering if you could possible do something included with your next roster release. If its too much work just say so. Would it be possible to include a dynasty save that has everyone who is injured on their correct DL spot? That way anyone can just use the team changer to switch to whatever team they want and play out a realistic dynasty. Its okay if your plates already full though.

I was thinking about doing that. How cool would that be?

I'm not sure exactly how I would do it, as most minor league teams don't list players on the DL. I could use tywiggins' MVP Editor to do it, right? I'll take a look at the extra work that would be necessary to do it. I'd love to make this a reality, that's for sure.

Well Sorianos's got a big list in his thread

All that needs to be done is assigning an in-game injury number and a best guesstimate of the length of the injury.

I'd sugeest moving guys with season long injuries down to AAA or whatever since there are only 4 DL slots (2 15-day 2 60-day) per level.

Yeah, it's just MLB, but I got some of the minor league injuries from SwinginSoriano's injury list... Most of it is just from Rotoworld, so I guess you could just go there to get it too, but they have newer injuries.

Erick Aybar (foot) will be available on Opening Day. Aybar sprained his foot sliding into a base Wednesday, but worked out Sunday and has been cleared to play.

Dallas McPherson said his recovery from January back surgery is progressing nicely and said he could return late this season "in a perfect world." "I just have to worry about making sure my back is healthy," McPherson said. "I'm pretty sure I can play at this level if I'm healthy. I can't worry about who's moving to third base or who's moving to first base." The third baseman remains optimistic of a August/September return.

Manager Mike Scioscia said Bartolo Colon (shoulder) could rejoin the Angels' starting rotation as soon as April 20. He is expected to make three or four rehabilitation starts, including an Opening Day start for Rancho Cucamonga. Joe Saunders will replace him in the rotation for the first few weeks.

Angels placed infielder Chone Figgins on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with two broken fingers. Maicer Izturis will get most of the starts at third base in place of Figgins, who is due back around the first week of May.

Angels placed outfielder Juan Rivera on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a broken left tibula. Rivera is expected to miss the first three or four months after breaking his leg in winter ball.

Angels placed RHP Jered Weaver on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with right biceps tendinitis. The Angels are hoping to get Weaver back on April 16. Dustin Moseley is scheduled to make two starts in his place.

Kelvim Escobar (back) threw an eight-minute bullpen session Tuesday and reported no problems. Escobar left his start Saturday because of back spasms and is scheduled to start a minor league game Thursday.

Astros placed RHP Brandon Backe on the 15-day disabled list following right elbow surgery. Backe, who is already back throwing off a mound, could return from Tommy John surgery in August or September.

Astros placed catcher Hector Gimenez on the 15-day disabled list with a torn right labrum. Gimenez could miss the entire season after undergoing surgery earlier this month.

Athletics placed RHP Esteban Loaiza on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 25, with a strained trapezius muscle. Chad Gaudin looks like the favorite to make a couple of starts in place of Loaiza. Lenny DiNardo could be another option after making the team over Brad Halsey.

Athletics placed first baseman Dan Johnson on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 27, with torn cartilage in his left hip. The A's will have a better idea during the middle of the week when Johsnon will be back. He might miss the entire first half of the season.

Athletics placed outfielder Mark Kotsay on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following back surgery. Kotsay is set to miss the first two or three months of the season, making Milton Bradley the club's center fielder.

Milton Bradley was held out of Thursday's game because of tightness in his right side. Manager Bob Geren said Bradley has been feeling sore for a couple days and wanted to be cautious with his starting center fielder. The injury isn't considered serious though.

Blue Jays placed RHP John Thomson on the 15-day disabled list with a sore right shoulder. After missing two weeks, Thomson threw an inning in a minor league game on Wednesday. Still, it figures to be quite some time before he's an option for the Blue Jays. Unless his rehab goes well, he could be released without ever throwing a pitch for the team.

Blue Jays placed LHP Davis Romero on the 15-day disabled list with a torn left labrum. Romero, one of the Jays' top relief prospects, underwent season-ending surgery earlier this month.

Mike Hampton (oblique) threw an impressive simulated inning during batting practice on Sunday. "He threw great," manager Bobby Cox said. "Everything — change-up, hard sinker, curve. Really, really good." Hampton is scheduled to make a start in extended spring training on Saturday and then make four or five rehab starts before returning to the Braves in early May.

Braves placed third baseman Willy Aybar on the 15-day disabled list with a right hand injury. Aybar could spend a couple of weeks rehabbing in the minors after missing so much of the spring. In the meantime, the Braves will use Chris Woodward and Pete Orr as their backup infielders.

Braves placed RHP Tanyon Sturtze on the 15-day disabled list following right shoudler surgery. Sturtze's rehab will continue through the first month or two of the season. The Braves will hope he can contribute as a middle reliever after that.

Lance Cormier (shoulder) will throw a side session on Monday in Philadelphia. Cormier, who had a Braves-best 1.15 ERA during spring training, hasn't thrown off a mound since feeling tightness in his shoulder on March 26. If he feels any soreness on Monday the Braves will have Kyle Davies take his start on April 8.

Brewers placed third baseman Corey Koskie on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with post-concussion syndrome. It's possible Koskie's career is over because of the condition. He was sent home by the Brewers last week.

Brewers placed outfielder Laynce Nix on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a strained right oblique. Even with Brady Clark gone, Nix will likely be optioned to Triple-A once healthy. He'll be an option in a bench role later on.

Cardinals placed LHP Mark Mulder on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following shoulder surgery. Mulder is likely to miss the first three months as he continues his recovery from a partially torn rotator cuff.

Cardinals placed outfielder Juan Encarnacion on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a sore left wrist. Encarnacion, who underwent offseason surgery, had a cortisone shot six days ago. He still hasn't been able to get any at-bats in, so he's at least a couple of weeks away. Scott Spiezio will get most of the at-bats filling in for him, with Preston Wilson and So Taguchi also helping out.

Cardinals placed RHP Josh Kinney on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following Tommy John surgery. Kinney is out for the season after undergoing surgery earlier this month.

Cubs placed RHP Kerry Wood on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 26, with right shoulder stiffness. Wood might try to return in two or three weeks, but the Cubs have no idea what they'll get from him this year following his latest setback.

Cubs placed RHP Juan Mateo on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with an impingement in his right shoulder. Mateo, limited to one appearance this spring, will be optioned to Triple-A Iowa once healthy.

Devil Rays placed first baseman Greg Norton on the 15-day disabled list with a torn meniscus in his right knee. Norton will undergo surgery Monday and miss 4-6 weeks. Really, this could be considered good news for the Rays. Norton hit just .211/.281/.263 this spring, but indications were that the team was going to play him fairly regularly anyway. Now those at-bats can go to Jonny Gomes, Elijah Dukes and B.J. Upton. If things break right, Norton should be strictly a bench player by the time he returns.

Devil Rays transferred LHP Jon Switzer from the 15- to the 60-day disabled list. The Rays are still calling Switzer's problem shoulder tendinitis, but they obviously don't expect him back anytime soon.

Randy Johnson (back) is scheduled to pitch a minor league camp game in Triple-A Tucson on Tuesday, then pitch for Class A Visalia on April 8 and then for Tucson on April 13 before likely being activated. The Big Unit is hoping to return to the Diamondbacks rotation on April 19 against San Diego. Keep him reserved the first two weeks of the season.

Diamondbacks placed outfielder Carlos Quentin on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a partially torn left labrum. Quentin may miss more than just the first five games after his setback this week. Scott Hairston will replace him in the outfield.

Diamondbacks placed outfielder Jeff DaVanon on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following right shoulder surgery. DaVanon resumed swinging left-handed about 10 days ago. He might be back during the second week of the season.

Dodgers placed shortstop Rafael Furcal on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a sprained ankle. Furcal might return as soon as next weekend. In the meantime, Wilson Valdez is likely to start at shortstop in his place.

Dodgers placed LHP Hong-Chih Kuo on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a sore shoulder. Kuo will rest another two weeks before picking up a ball, so he's not going to return before early May. Depending on how his rehab assignment goes, he might not be back in the majors until June

Dodgers placed RHP Yhency Brazoban on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following Tommy John surgery. Brazoban might have been ready for Opening Day, but the Dodgers weren't going to let him even try. He won't return to the active roster until May or June.

Dodgers placed outfielder Jason Repko on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with torn hamstring tendons. Repko is likely to miss the entire season following surgery Wednesday.

Mark Sweeney (bruised right foot) isn't guaranteed a spot on the roster when he is eligible to come of the disabled list. Sweeney's "injury" gives the Giants time to sort out the logjam they have at first base. The team currently is carrying three first basemen. It won't surprise us if Rich Aurilia reinjures his groin in the first week of the season opening a spot on the roster for Sweeney.

Indians placed LHP Cliff Lee on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a strained abdominal muscle. Lee, who threw off the mound a couple of days ago, could be back in Cleveland's rotation in three or four weeks. Fausto Carmona is set to fill in.

Indians placed RHP Matt Miller on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a strained right forearm. Miller is expected to miss the first month of the season. Tom Mastny is his replacement in the bullpen.

Indians placed infielder Joe Inglett on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a strained left quad. Inglett's injury prevented him from competing for a bench job this spring. He'll be optioned to Triple-A once recovered.

Indians placed outfielder Franklin Gutierrez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a strained left hamstring. Gutierrez will join a crowded outfield at Triple-A Buffalo once healthy.

C.C. Sabathia (wrist) said he is "expecting to be 100 percent in Chicago" for Opening Day. The southpaw was hit by a line drive in the wrist last week, but appears to be over the injury. He'll get the Opening Day starting nod after all. GM Mark Shapiro said contract negotiations with Sabathia have been tabled until after the season - he can be a free agent after 2008.

Mariners placed RHP Mark Lowe on the 60-day disabled list following elbow surgery. Lowe, who had a second procedure on the elbow a month ago, could return to Seattle's bullpen in July or August.

Mariners placed LHP Cesar Jimenez on the 60-day disabled list with a stress fracture in his elbow. Jimenez will miss most or all of the season after surgery last month.

Jose Guillen is considered day-to-day after having X-rays on his heel Friday. The Mariners said he had a mild sprain. Ben Broussard will likely start if Guillen can't on Opening Day.

J.J. Putz (elbow) faced major league hitters on Friday for the first time since experiencing elbow soreness earlier in the spring. Mariners manager Mike Hargrove said he doesn't think Putz will start the season with any restrictions. Putz felt some tightness in his elbow after a recent bullpen session, but an MRI proved it was nothing serious. "A little pain I can work through," he said.

Marlins placed LHP Taylor Tankersley on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with left shoulder tendinitis. Tankersley could come off the DL and replace Lee Gardner in the pen as soon as Saturday.

Marlins placed outfielder Jeremy Hermida on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a bruised right knee. Hermida is about two weeks away. Joe Borchard and Cody Ross will replace him in right field, with Borchard starting against right-handers.

Marlins placed RHP Josh Johnson on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with an irritated ulnar nerve. Johnson, who picked up a baseball Thursday for the first time since being diagnosed, will miss at least the first two months of the season.

Marlins placed RHP Carlos Martinez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following Tommy John surgery. Martinez isn't being counted on to pitch this year after undergoing surgery last July.

Marlins placed RHP Logan Kensing on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following Tommy John surgery. Kensing, who could be a closer candidate in 2008, hopes to make it back in July or August.

Marlins placed RHP Jose Garcia on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with an inflamed right elbow. Garcia's problems might be more serious than the Marlins have disclosed, as there doesn't appear to be any timetable for his return. He'll likely spend considerable time in Triple-A once healthy.

Mets placed RHP Pedro Martinez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following surgery to repair a torn rotator cuff. A spring without any setbacks gives hope that Martinez will be back immediately following the All-Star break or in early August.

Mets placed RHP Juan Padilla on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following Tommy John surgery. Padilla had a setback in his recovery 10 days ago and is about a week away from picking up a ball again. If all goes well next time, maybe he'll help the Mets in May.

Mets placed RHP Duaner Sanchez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a broken bone in his shoulder. Sanchez is expected to miss at least the first four months of the season, leaving Aaron Heilman as the Mets' top setup man.

Mets placed LHP Dave Williams on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following neck surgery. Williams is two months removed from surgery to repair a herniated disc. He could be ready to pitch in games by early May, but don't expect to see him back in the majors before June.

On Sunday, the Mets will get their first look at reliever Guillermo Mota, who is suspended until late May. Mota, banned 50 games for violating baseball's drug policy, can't pitch in any venue that charges admission. He'll remain in Port St. Lucie when the team leaves and is limited to extended spring games.

Luis Ayala (elbow) will remain at extended spring training for at least another three weeks. "I would say with all the pitchers we're looking at, anywhere between April 25 and May 5," general manager Jim Bowden said. "Nothing instant." Ayala will resume his seventh and eighth inning role with the Nats once he elbow is fully-healthy.

Nationals placed LHP Mike O'Connor on the 15-day disabled list following left elbow surgery. O'Connor, who underwent surgery in November to repair a cartilage defect in his left elbow, appears likely to miss at least the first two months. He'll probably claim a rotation spot after a rehab assignment.

Nationals placed outfielder Alex Escobar on the 15-day disabled list following right shoulder surgery. With his shoulder not responding as hoped, Escobar hasn't had an at-bat in 10 days. He's likely in for a lengthy rehab assignment once he's ready to play the outfield regularly. Because he's out of options, the Nationals likely will carry him when he's healthy.

Nationals placed first baseman Nick Johnson on the 15-day disabled list with a broken right leg. Johnson will go north with the team to continue his rehab work in Washington. He's expected to miss at least the first two months of the season. Dmitri Young will start at first base.

Orioles placed RHP Sendy Rleal on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with right elbow soreness. Rleal will be optioned to Triple-A once healthy.

Orioles placed outfielder Jay Payton on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 27, with a strained left hamstring. Payton could return as soon as April 10. In the meantime, the Orioles will go with Kevin Millar as a regular and Freddie Bynum as their 25th man.

Orioles placed RHP Kris Benson on the 60-day disabled list with a partially torn rotator cuff. The move opens up a roster spot for Sean Tracey. Benson is expected to miss the entire season after opting for surgery early this month.

Padres placed RHP Scott Cassidy on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with knee problems. It appears that Mike Thompson and Rule 5 pick Kevin Cameron have won spots in the bullpen. Cassidy should get his spot back when healthy, but he'll probably spend a few weeks in the minors first.

Mike Cameron is scheduled to get at-bats in a simulated game Sunday. The Padres are optimistic he'll be in the Opening Day lineup. Gordon has been sidelined with a strained right hamstring.

In his first action in 13 days, Paul McAnulty singled in a run as a pinch-hitter on Saturday. McAnulty has been bothered by a sore right knee, but he's going to have a spot on the Padres as a pinch-hitter anyway.

Chris Coste (strained right hamstring) caught five innings on Saturday in extended spring training. "He did fine, but he's not running 100 percent," assistant general manager Ruben Amaro Jr. said. "We don't want to put Charlie [Manuel] in a position where he's limited. It's in his best interest and ours to DL him."

Phillies placed RHP Scott Mathieson on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following Tommy John surgery. Mathieson could pitch in minor league games in July and join the Phillies sometime during September.

Jon Lieber (strained oblique) was pain-free during a bullpen session on Saturday. Lieber will throw a simulated game on Tuesday and based on that outing the Phillies will decide if he needs more rehab or if he is healthy enough to be activated from the DL. He will continue to work as a reliever.

Freddy Garcia (biceps tendinitis) will throw a bullpen session on Monday and then throw 45 pitches in a minor league game on Thursday. "Freddy is coming along fine," pitching coach Rich Dubee said. If Garcia feels okay after Thursday's outing he will make another minor league rehab start on April 10 and then could join the Phillies.

Phillies placed catcher Ryan Budde on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 25, with a strained oblique. We don't see the point of employing roster shenanigans with Budde, a Rule 5 pick from the Angels. The 27-year-old is a poor bet to have a career as a backup, and the Phillies have three catchers ahead of him on the depth chart. It's hard to imagine the Phillies putting him on the active roster for 90 days.

Pirates placed Freddy Sanchez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a sprained MCL. Sanchez is expected to miss at least the first four games of the season. "It's not so much the knee, but I don't feel good at the plate," Sanchez said. "I don't feel like I'd be able to go in there in the bottom of the ninth against Brad Lidge and have a good, quality at-bat." Jose Castillo will start at second in his place.

Pirates placed LHP John Grabow on 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with an inflamed left elbow. Grabow is feeling better now, but he needs to get some innings in before he'll be an option out of the pen. He could return during the second week of the season.

Rangers placed RHP Eric Gagne on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 28, following back and elbow surgeries. Barring a setback, Gagne will be activated on April 13. He should go right into the closer's role then, but that might depend on how he throws over the next two weeks. Akinori Otsuka will close in the meantime.

Rangers placed LHP John Rheinecker on the 15-day disabled list with a strained back. Depending on whether they want to stretch him out and make him an option as a starter, Rheinecker could spend a full month rehabbing in the minors. He has a better chance of helping the Rangers as a reliever.

Rangers placed shortstop Joaquin Arias on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation. Arias, who was limited to 14 at-bats by the shoulder and an infected thumb, will be optioned to Triple-A once healthy. Ideally, he'd stay there until September.

Mike Timlin (oblique), pitching for Class A Lancaster, pitched two innings against the Twins' Fort Myers affiliate and gave up two hits, two walks, and a run in one inning on Saturday. He threw 17 pitches on the rehab assignment. Timlin is expected to rejoin the bullpen in time for the home opener.

Red Sox placed RHP Matt Clement on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following shoulder surgery. He'll go on the 60-day DL as soon as the Red Sox need the roster spot. Clement isn't due back from shoulder surgery before July or August.

Red Sox placed LHP Jon Lester on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following treatment of lymphoma. Lester will make four starts at low Single-A Greenville and could then join Triple-A Pawtucket. Maybe he'll be an option for Boston's rotation by early May.

Reds transferred LHP Eddie Guardado from the 15- to the 60-day disabled list. Guardado could return from Tommy John surgery in mid-June.

Reds placed RHP Elizardo Ramirez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a sore right shoulder. Ramirez will likely be optioned to Triple-A later this month. He should make some starts for the Reds before the end of the year.

Reds placed infielder Jeff Keppinger on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a broken right ring finger. Keppinger will need to spend at least a couple of weeks in the minors after he's ready for game action. He could be brought up to occupy a spot on Cincinnati's bench at the end of the month or in early May.

Reds placed infielder-outfielder Jerry Gil on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a sore right elbow. The injury kept Gil from competing for a bench spot this spring. He could be a factor as a utilityman by June or July.

Reds placed LHP Bill Bray on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a left right finger injury. Jon Coutlangus will spell Brad for the first week or two of the season.

Reds placed outfielder Chris Denorfia on the 15-day disabled list with a torn ligament in his right elbow. Denorfia needs Tommy John surgery and is expected to miss the entire season.

Reds placed LHP Eric Milton on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, due to lower back stiffness. The decision was made easier by the fact that Milton made his last start in a minor league game, allowing the Reds to backdate the DL assignment to March 23. Matt Belisle is likely to move up in the rotation, and Kirk Saarloos becomes the favorite to make a spot start or two in place of Milton.

Reds placed outfielder Norris Hopper on the 15-day disabled list with a heel injury. Hopper may or may not be optioned to the minors once healthy. He was in the running for the final spot on the roster, but that appears set to go to catcher Chad Moeller.

Rockies placed RHP Brian Lawrence on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to April 26, following right shoulder surgery. Lawrence pitched six innings in his final spring start, so he'll be ready when needed.

Rockies placed LHP Tom Martin on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left groin. Martin was so awful this spring that he figures to spend considerable time in Triple-A before being activated. He gave up six homers, walked six and struck out none in 5 1/3 innings.

Brad Hawpe tested his sprained left ankle Friday by taking some light batting practice, running on a treadmill and throwing in the outfield grass. "He passed all the tests we threw at him," manager Clint Hurdle said. "He'll be ready to go [on Opening Day]."

Octavio Dotel (oblique) threw Sunday and said he expects to avoid the disabled list. "It feels really, really good," he said. "I didn’t go 100 percent (Sunday), but everything I did felt good." Dotel will be unavailable on Monday, but he might be ready to go Wednesday. Royals manager Buddy Bell confirmed that David Riske would get the nod if a closer was needed today.

Royals placed RHP Luke Hudson on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with shoulder tightness. Brandon Duckworth will take Hudson's rotation spot for the first two or three weeks of the season.

Royals placed LHP John Bale on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a hairline fracture above his right wrist. Bale, sidelined since March 10, could rejoin Kansas City's bullpen in two weeks or so.

Royals placed RHP Scott Elarton on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following right shoulder surgery. Elarton is scheduled to begin his rehab assignment on April 16. He could join the Royals a month later.

Royals placed RHP Leo Nunez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with a hairline fracture above his right wrist. Nunez will be optioned to Triple-A Omaha later this month.

Royals placed shortstop Angel Sanchez on the 60-day disabled list with a right elbow injury. The Royals didn't say whether it was Tommy John surgery that he'd require. If Sanchez recovers during the season, he'll play in Double- or Triple-A.

Royals placed RHP Joe Nelson on the 60-day disabled list following right shoulder surgery. This opens up a 40-man roster spot for Tony Pena Jr. Nelson is expected to miss at least the first two months of the season and might not pitch at all for the Royals this season.

Jose Mesa will sit out the first two games of the 2007 season after having his three-game suspension reduced. Mesa was suspended for throwing at the Giants' Mark Sweeney last September while with the Rockies.

Tigers placed RHP Roman Colon on the 15-day disabled list following neck surgery. Colon will probably spend a full month in the minors once he's ready to begin a rehab assignment. He's out of options, so the Tigers might put him in their bullpen after that.

Tigers placed LHP Edward Campusano on the 15-day disabled list following Tommy John surgery. Campusano will miss the season following this week's surgery.

Tigers placed infielder Tony Giarratano on the 60-day disabled list following right shoulder surgery. Giarratano, who missed the second half of last season with a torn ACL, is expected to miss much of the season. He'll head to Double- or Triple-A once healthy.

Tigers placed catcher Vance Wilson on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 28, with a sore right elbow. Wilson was used as a pinch-hitter on Tuesday, so he won't be eligible to return until April 12 at the earliest. An MRI this week was negative, so maybe he'll be ready then. In the meantime, Mike Rabelo will serve as the Tigers' No. 2 catcher.

Kenny Rogers underwent surgery Friday to remove a blood clot from his shoulder and is expected to miss at least three months. AL-only leaguers need to go pick up Andrew Miller now. Chad Durbin still figures to fill in initially, but Miller was the other pitcher considered and it probably won't be long until he gets a chance. Rogers could be sidelined into July or August. Kip Wells missed 3 1/2 months after a similar surgery last year.

Twins placed LHP Francisco Liriano on the 60-day disabled list following Tommy John surgery. Liriano, who underwent surgery in November, isn't expected to pitch in the majors or the minors this season. The hope is that he'll be 100 percent in time for 2008.

Twins placed outfielder Lew Ford on the 15-day disabled list with torn cartilage in his right knee. Ford is expected to miss the first 2-4 weeks of the season after surgery earlier this month. Jason Tyner is looking at more at-bats in his absence.

Twins placed infielder Alejandro Machado on the 15-day disabled list with a torn right labrum. Machado, a Rule 5 selection from the Nationals, could undergo surgery that would likely cost him the season. The Twins were considering carrying the 24-year-old as a backup shortstop and second baseman.

White Sox placed cather Toby Hall on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 26, with a torn right labrum. Hall postponed surgery and hopes to make a comeback in May. The odds still favor him missing the entire season, though. Gustavo Molina will fill in for him.

Juan Uribe didn't play Wednesday because of a sore right calf. Uribe originally injured the calf on Sunday. He remains day-to-day.

Manager Ozzie Guillen indicated Sunday that Scott Podsednik will sit Opening Day against left-hander C.C. Sabathia. Pablo Ozuna will get the Opening Day start in Podsednik's place, leading off for the White Sox. ''He's gone from the Mexican leagues to leadoff man on Opening Day, and that's great,'' Guillen said. ''He's had the best at-bats against C.C. the last few years. I know it's a special day, but we have a job to do, and I think Ozuna will handle C.C. better.''

Chien-Ming Wang (hamstring) threw a 40-pitch bullpen session Sunday. Wang has yet to be cleared to throw from the top of a mound, but remains on track for a late-April return.

Yankees placed RHP Jeff Karstens on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 26, with right elbow stiffness. Karstens' problem simply happened too late in the spring for him to be able to bounce back. As a result, Darrell Rasner will take Chien-Ming Wang's rotation spot.

Yankees placed RHP Jose Veras on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, following right elbow surgery. Veras probably won't be ready to pitch in games until June after having bone chips removed last month. He'll then spend much of the rest of the year in Triple-A.

Yankees placed RHP Humberto Sanchez on the 15-day disabled list, retroactive to March 23, with an inflamed elbow. Sanchez has been having elbow problems since the middle of last year, so it seems likely that there's more than just inflammation ailing him. He'll be assigned to Triple-A if he can get healthy.

Andy Pettitte gave up four earned runs and seven hits in four innings Friday in a start against Double-A New Hampshire. All that matters was that his back wasn't a problem. "I was good and gassed," Pettite said. "But it was a good day; I felt good." Pettitte will start the second game of the season on Wednesday.

The minor league injuries:

Hector Gimenez (HOU): Out for season (rotator cuff)

Laynce Nix (MIL): 15+ days (strained right oblique)

Adam Harben (CHC): Out for season (Tommy John surgery)

Juan Mateo (CHC): Out 15+ days (right shoulder stiffness)

Doug Waechter (TB) - 1 month (Shoulder/rotator cuff)

Yhency Brazoban (LAD): Out until ASB (TJ surgery)

Joe Inglett (CLE): Out for 15 days (Strained Left quad)

Franklin Gutierrez (CLE): Out for 1 month (strained left hamstring)

Travis Bowyer (FLA): Out for season (Shoulder surgery)

Carlos Martinez (FLA): Out for season (TJ surgery)

Sean West (FLA): Out for season (arthoscopic shoulder surgery)

Juan Padilla (NYM) Out for one month (tj surgery recovery)

Brandon Claussen (WSH): Out until May (rotator cuff)

Ryan Keefer (BAL) Out for season (TJ surgery)

Jose Acevedo (BAL): Out for season (Motorcycle accident)

John Hudgins (SD) Out for season (TJ surgery)

Thomas Diamond (TEX): Out for season (TJ surgery)

Adam Bernero (BOS): Out for season (TJ surgery)

Miguel Perez (CIN): Out until ASB (Surgery to remove rib)

Jeff Keppinger (CIN): 4 to 6 weeks (broken finger)

Jerry Gil (CIN): Out for three months (sore elbow)

Leo Nunez (KC): two weeks (hairline fracture in hand)

Alejandro Machjado (MIN): Out for season (labrum)

Jeff Karstens (NYY): Out for fifteen days (stiff elbow)

Christian Garica (NYY) - Out for season (TJ)

Mark Melancon (NYY) - Out for season (TJ)

Jose Veras (NYY): Out for 2 -3 months (bone chips in elbow)

J.B. Cox (NYY): Out for season (TJ surgery)

Humberto Sanchez (NYY): 15+ days? (elbow inflamation)

FREE AGENTS:

Glendon Rusch (FA): Out for season (Blood clot)

Travis Harper (FA) - Out for season (shoulder surgery)

Sorry it's kind of dirty and unorganized, I didn't get around to organizing it.

What are the differences between the "STANDARD" and "PLUS" rosters exactly? If I plan on using the new models.big kraw said was coming then I need to use the PLUS rosters, right? Does that mean I can't tweak kg's standard rosters in the meantime because it'll be unusable once I download the new models.big?

The standard version is not compatible with a modified models.big (aka anything other than the CD file). I only updated the standard version for now because a new models.big is coming out, so the plus version would be all messed up because of the cyberface changes in the new models.big.