MVP Mods Official Question Of The Day Thread

DJEagles

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TV Show: 1a) The Shield 1b) 24

Breakout year: Todd Linden.

EDIT:

How can A-Rod break out more than he does every year? Are we talking .400? 80 bombs? Not trying to be a smartass or anything...I just wonder what A-Rod's done, other than in the playoffs, that could be considered below average that he could improve on.

EDIT:

How can A-Rod break out more than he does every year? Are we talking .400? 80 bombs? Not trying to be a smartass or anything...I just wonder what A-Rod's done, other than in the playoffs, that could be considered below average that he could improve on.

I think you see what I mean. If he has a good playoff showing, then his year will be complete. The post season is key.

Sure, whatever he's done in the regular season can't be questioned. But the reason why I brought his name up for breakout year players is because of that possible out he has at the end of the year to go somewhere else. The numbers he can put up this year because of that can be off the charts.

Is Psych good? Been meaning to watch that. Quantum Leap is one of my all-time favorites. Have the series finale on my PC. The ending gets me every time. There was talk of a television movie, but not much has come of it yet.

Psych is good. I started watching it because it is on right after Monk. My wife says I remind her of Monk (good or bad, take it any way you want) :) because I can remember anything and I have a certain place for everything. Hell, I call it being organized.

I have Quantum Leap Season five (the last season) on DVD and it is great. Sad ending to a wonderful show. And I don't know why a movie was never made. All I heard about that were rumors.

I think you see what I mean. If he has a good playoff showing, then his year will be complete. The post season is key.

Sure, whatever he's done in the regular season can't be questioned. But the reason why I brought his name up for breakout year players is because of that possible out he has at the end of the year to go somewhere else. The numbers he can put up this year because of that can be off the charts.

Fair enough - I can buy the postseason thing. I was just looking solely at regular season performances.

Question Of The Day:

What is your favorite television show? Or, Name one player in all of baseball who will have THE breakout year in 2007?

My favorite TV show is Arrested Development.

Geoff Jenkins will break through in a big way this season. I know this for a fact.

arrested development.

break out player: i'll have to take a closer look at who's in their contract year :) otherwise, i'm expecting to see some changes from king felix.

edit:

My favorite TV show is Arrested Development.

now that's just pure timing for ya...

My list is long:

John Doe

24 - kinda getting old now

Smallville

Dawsons Creek - in the beginning

Heroes

NCIS

JAG (favorite all time)

CSI

Prison Break

Dexter

Alias

Knight Rider

Macgyver (2nd favorite)

TWIB

Magnum PI

... and a slew of others I forgot. I hate all things reality tv.

Question Of The Day:

What is your favorite television show? Or, Name one player in all of baseball who will have THE breakout year in 2007?

A few candidates. Aaron Harang (you could say that was last season, but nobody really thinks of him when you think of top-tier starters, and he really is a top-tier starter), and Josh Barfield - last season he was great away, but mediocre at home. This was probably in large part due to Petco park. Now he's moving to a really good offensive park, and I could total see him going 20/20.

TV: non-running: Seinfeld

running shows: Entourage (Best current show hands down), 24, Criminal Minds, CSI NY, Prison Break (though not that much anymore), Shark, and the only reality show i watch: The Apprentice.

And Jeopardy!

Breakout year: barring any injuries, Alex Rios should have a great year.

Part 1: SCTV, without a doubt. The Daily Show and Monty Python are great too.

Part 2: Matt Cain. Mark Teahen. Robinson Cano. (With homers upwards of 20 or 25 and RBIs upwards of 90 or 100.) Also, like 27 said, Josh Barfield also should have a good year. I could see him with a 30/20 year, and a BA around .300. The only thing that's a bit worrisome is his lack of plate discipline. (coincidentally, I touched on this same thing with Barfield in my blog - see sig. :D)

Pos/Name/(Batting spot)

1B Kevin Youkilis (6)

2B Freddy Sanchez (7)

3B Ryan Zimmerman (3)

SS Hanley Ramirez (1)

LF Raul Ibanez (5)

CF Mark Kotsay(2)

RF Michael Cuddyer (4)

C Russell Martin (8)

I think I'm gonna find a way to have this lineup in my MLB 2K7 dynasty somehow, I really like how it looks.

SP John Lackey

SP Aaron Harang

SP Derek Lowe

SP Chris Young

SP Josh Johnson

RP Scott Linebrink

RP Cla Meredith

RP Scot Sheilds

CP Mike Gonzalez

I don't think any of these guys are superstars, though it's arguable with Zimmerman.

Pos/name

C Jason Varitek

1B Nick Johnson

2B Dan Uggla

3B melvin Mora

SS Hanley Ramirez

RF Shawn Green

CF Rocco Baldelli

LF Melky Cabrera

Pitchers

SP Josh Johnson

SP Anibal Sanchez

SP Mike Mussina

SP Adam Loewen

SP Orlando Hernandez

RP Scott proctor

RP Scott Shields

RP Kyle Farnsworth

CP Mike Gonzalez

I'll go with a team of all young players:

C: Miguel Montero

1B: Conor Jackson

2B: Josh Barfield

3B: Alex Gordon

SS: Stephen Drew

LF: Nick Markakis

CF: Chris Young

RF: Carlos Quentin

B: Alberto Callaspo

B: Ryan Sweeney

B: Ryan Shealy

SP: John Danks

SP: Anibal Sanchez

SP: Andrew Miller

SP: Scott Olsen

SP: Chad Billingsley

MRP: Taylor Tankersley

MRP: Matt Capps

MRP: Pat Neshek

SU: Joe Bisenius

CP: Huston Street

Basically, it's Arizona's lineup with Florida's pitching staff. :) This team would rock.

Lineup

SS Hanley Ramirez

2B Josh Barfield

LF Raul Ibanez

1B Mike Jacobs

3B Wes Helm

CF Chris Denorfia

RF Michael Bourn

C Russell Martin

Rotation

Josh Johnson

Anibal Sanchez

John Patterson

Joe Blanton

Adam Eaton

Bullpen

Dustin Nippert

Braden Looper

Henry Owens

Taylor Tankersley

Joe Borowsky

• 2 months later...

Question Of The Day:

Put a baseball team together that you feel could compete with other major league teams. Here's the catch: There cannot be any superstars.

Here are some of the players I would pick from:

-Nick Markakis

-Casey Kotchman

-Hunter Pence

-Dan Haren (though the perception of him is changing rapidly)

-Alex Rios

-Kelly Johnson

-James Shields

-Scott Kazmir

-Takashi Saito

-Jonathan Broxton

-Noah Lowry

-Yuniesky Betancourt

-Ryan Zimmerman

-Adrian Gonzalez

-Aaron Harang

-Edwin Encarnacion

-Brian Fuentes

-David DeJesus

No catchers, so maybe Chris Iannetta? And, I would pick and choose from the players I listed.

Archived