Official Video Game Thread

BigRog

anytime during the weekend would be great. but i go for the bladder of steel everytime. Ive tried twice and failed twice. hard guitar on song 74! omg, that was bs, my batteries died on my controller. and this last weekend on drums, i was awake for 30 hours before i played it. and i failed on song like 35. but seriously, if you wanna play it, i could get other people together for a full band. most weekends im at college and i have ALOT of free time.

oh, you cant save you're spot and come back another day to finish. you have to do it in one sitting :p

for the bladder of steel, does it have to be on expert, or any difficulty? and if you do it on someone else's world tour, does it count for you too?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im pretty sure you can do it on any level. and if you do it with somebody else, you get the logo change for the instrument, but im not sure if it does it for you too. i mean, you would get the acheivement if you beat it on somebody elses.

its not that i dont like them, but they're making a game for the beatles, and SKIPPING ROCK BAND 3. dont get me wrong, i like the beetles, but not alot, ya know.

You do know that as we speak they are working on a RB3.

Not like there is much to do though for a new game, they practically pull in money like crazy with dlc and should just leave it to that instead of making a new game, imo

they can still **** off, UNTIL they change the notes. the notes make it hard for me, if they were circles like guitar hero, id be alot better. it seems im the only person on earth that has a problem with the way the notes are.

• 2 weeks later...

they can still **** off, UNTIL they change the notes. the notes make it hard for me, if they were circles like guitar hero, id be alot better. it seems im the only person on earth that has a problem with the way the notes are.

I agree, at least for Guitar notes.

Plus the hammer ons are small, and I don't really notice.

With the drums I don't have a problem with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll give a short review of MVP Baseball on the PSP, released in May 2005, I got it a week ago.

The game brings all the bells and whistles of the MVP series that we have come to know and love, all somehow squeezed inside a tiny UMD disc. The gameplay is fantastic, it brings the familiar pitch meter and when hitting the analog nub can be used to influence the desired direction and power of the swing. Sound is pretty good, the soundtrack is the one from MVP Baseball 2005, and all the commentary lines from Duane Kuiper and Mike Krukow are heard during gameplay. The thing that I probably love the most about the game besides the gameplay is something that I found pretty suprising: All the unlockable uniforms from the console/PC versions of the MVP 05 game is included, I found that pretty cool. Same with all the legendary stadiums. Same with the Hero and Legend teams. And, finally, all of the unlockable legendary players found in the MVP 05 game are included in this game. I feel very satisfied being able to take the MVP experience with me anywhere. The graphics are very good for a PSP game. You can only play a very dull Season mode and a boring Homerun Showdown for game modes besides the most-played Exhibition mode. Replays are shown in-game but are not presented very well, the EA SPORTS Logo is froze on the screen for a couple seconds after the replay. Damn fun game.

GAMEPLAY - 9.0

GRAPHICS - 8.8

PRESENTATION - 7.5

GAME MODES - 7.6

REPLAY VALUE - 9.4

I am looking into getting NCAA football 2010 on PS3. Basically is it worth buying or is there a better choice of sports game to buy instead?

There's a demo for NCAA Football 10 on the PlayStation Store if you want to check it out for yourself.

I am looking into getting NCAA football 2010 on PS3. Basically is it worth buying or is there a better choice of sports game to buy instead?

The only thing I like about '10 is that you can create a team. Besides that, it plays exactly like '09. I'd wait for madden 10, that game is going to be awesome.

The only thing I like about '10 is that you can create a team. Besides that, it plays exactly like '09. I'd wait for madden 10, that game is going to be awesome.

You have a lot of faith in EA. Does it really have the potential to be any better than the previous ones. I am skeptical because EA have a tendency for doing the bare minimum when upgrading games from year to year.

You have a lot of faith in EA. Does it really have the potential to be any better than the previous ones. I am skeptical because EA have a tendency for doing the bare minimum when upgrading games from year to year.

Ha. I don't have faith in ea. (Well sort of). Basically I decided not to drop 60 bucks on ncaa because its the same game virtually, and ea always tries to squeeze as much money as they can out of the consumer. But madden is getting a complete overhaul by Ian Cummings, who is in his first development as project lead. Search it on google, its getting a major presentation upgrade, and lots of gameplay improvements. I'm going with madden because its much more sim than ncaa. (even though I like ncaa football a lot better in real life)

Ha. I don't have faith in ea. (Well sort of). Basically I decided not to drop 60 bucks on ncaa because its the same game virtually, and ea always tries to squeeze as much money as they can out of the consumer. But madden is getting a complete overhaul by Ian Cummings, who is in his first development as project lead. Search it on google, its getting a major presentation upgrade, and lots of gameplay improvements. I'm going with madden because its much more sim than ncaa. (even though I like ncaa football a lot better in real life)

Okay that makes sense. I had pretty much given up on Madden after 09 and so i haven't bothered to keep up to date with its production and so i also didn't know that a new guy is in charge. I will start checking in on it and see if it has the potential to be a lot better than previous editions.

I still might get NCAA because i never played an NCAA game and i have always liked the idea of recruiting players plus i am a big fan of college football. (Trojans :D)

I have a dilemma on my hands, I just cant afford these video games, especially right now with NCAA 10 (witch I really dont play) but Madden 10 I will get and I also got the 4 5 minute quarters demo coming Thursday. But I also want Batman Arkham Asylum witch looks sweet but I dont think I am going to be able to get it cause NHL 10 comes out shortly after and I cant live without hockey gaming. Then you got Modern Warfare coming in November. Damn it, what is one to do :wacko: .

Archived