Official Video Game Thread

BigRog

I have a dilemma on my hands, I just cant afford these video games, especially right now with NCAA 10 (witch I really dont play) but Madden 10 I will get and I also got the 4 5 minute quarters demo coming Thursday. But I also want Batman Arkham Asylum witch looks sweet but I dont think I am going to be able to get it cause NHL 10 comes out shortly after and I cant live without hockey gaming. Then you got Modern Warfare coming in November. Damn it, what is one to do :wacko: .

You're right Thome, there are a lot of great games coming out in the near future. It's a very good problem.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a dilemma on my hands, I just cant afford these video games, especially right now with NCAA 10 (witch I really dont play) but Madden 10 I will get and I also got the 4 5 minute quarters demo coming Thursday. But I also want Batman Arkham Asylum witch looks sweet but I dont think I am going to be able to get it cause NHL 10 comes out shortly after and I cant live without hockey gaming. Then you got Modern Warfare coming in November. Damn it, what is one to do :wacko: .

http://www.gamefly.com/

B)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What is the one game that everyone is eagerly waiting to be released at the moment? To me, it currently has to be Assassin's Creed II (coming out on the 360 and PS3 on November 17th). The first one was truly amazing, but it lacked longevity and the gameplay was repetitive at times. But apparently, both of those issues have been addressed in the sequel along with a lot of other neat features having been added.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/assassi...ummary;previews

What is the one game that everyone is eagerly waiting to be released at the moment? To me, it currently has to be Assassin's Creed II (coming out on the 360 and PS3 on November 17th). The first one was truly amazing, but it lacked longevity and the gameplay was repetitive at times. But apparently, both of those issues have been addressed in the sequel along with a lot of other neat features having been added.

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/assassi...ummary;previews

Yeah i can't wait for the game on pc. Totally enjoyed the first one even though it was kinda easy. The environments were so deep. I hope it's done by the UBI montreal.

Has anyone played Flashpoint for the pc yet? I'm thinking about buying it if anyone would want to play some co-op. Also, ncaa basketball looks pretty awesome this year, as it will be featuring cbs and espn commentators and graphics. I haven't bought a ncaa basketball game in ages, but this looks like a must buy presentation wise.

http://www.pastapadre.com/2009/10/07/ncaa-...bs-presentation

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got a chance to play Uncharted: Drake's Fortune from start to finish and it was just truly amazing. For anyone who owns a PS3 and has not played this game yet, you have to at least borrow the game from someone and try it out. The storyline is phenomenal (even though I wasn't too fond of the "cursed Spaniards" part) and the graphics is top notch. I played the game at normal level difficulty and the game proved quite challenging at times; especially when the zombies made their appearance! In any case, this game is a must own and I am adding Uncharted II to my list of games to buy (the list already includes Assassin's Creed II).

Finally got a chance to play Uncharted: Drake's Fortune from start to finish and it was just truly amazing. For anyone who owns a PS3 and has not played this game yet, you have to at least borrow the game from someone and try it out. The storyline is phenomenal (even though I wasn't too fond of the "cursed Spaniards" part) and the graphics is top notch. I played the game at normal level difficulty and the game proved quite challenging at times; especially when the zombies made their appearance! In any case, this game is a must own and I am adding Uncharted II to my list of games to buy (the list already includes Assassin's Creed II).

I kind of like the whole supernatural aspect of Uncharted. It reminds me far too much of Indiana Jones, and I like Indy.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and it's sequel is one of the MUST BUY titles on the PS3. If Sony marketing hadn't been sucking so hard in 06-07, the first Uncharted could have been the killer app the PS3 would have needed.

With that said, I recently beat Uncharted 2 and I must say that Naughty Dog, despite making just two titles for the PS3, have put themselves up there with the top developers in the game. Near god-like, I must say. They've gone far above and beyond the call of duty to make this game look and play as good as possible. Buy it and you will not regret it at all.

Also, on a side note, for those of you who own a PS3 and have girlfriends or wives, I highly recommend purchasing LittleBigPlanet. Yes, I know, it's a year late, but trust me, get the game of the year edition and you'll love it.

• 1 month later...

Can you guys suggest some 360 or PS3 games that has a vast single-player mode? I don't get online a whole lot and even though games like COD Modern Warfare 2 is great, it outshines only in the multi-player modes. I have read that Far Cry 2, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Mass Effect all have in-depth single-player campaign, but can you recommend others?<br><br>And for those who own Rainbow Six: Vegas and Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter, how did you like the two games? How long (or short) is the single-player campaign?

Can you guys suggest some 360 or PS3 games that has a vast single-player mode? I don't get online a whole lot and even though games like COD Modern Warfare 2 is great, it outshines only in the multi-player modes. I have read that Far Cry 2, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and Mass Effect all have in-depth single-player campaign, but can you recommend others?<br><br>And for those who own Rainbow Six: Vegas and Ghost Recon Advanced War Fighter, how did you like the two games? How long (or short) is the single-player campaign?

I wouldn't bother with tom clancy shooters if you only want single player, those games survive off multiplayer. Honestly, drakes fortune or w/e is the way to go.

I've been playing Fallout 3 for nearly a month, and I still feel like I haven't scratched the surface of everything there is to do in this game.  It's worth every bit of it's 9.5 rating. 

I wouldn't bother with tom clancy shooters if you only want single player, those games survive off multiplayer. Honestly, drakes fortune or w/e is the way to go.

Gotcha. Thanks.

I've been playing Fallout 3 for nearly a month, and I still feel like I haven't scratched the surface of everything there is to do in this game. It's worth every bit of it's 9.5 rating.

Thanks. I read the review on gamespot and it actually sounds like a wonderful game. I have it on my list of games to consider buying.

• 2 months later...

Archived