Site Upgrade Info

Trues

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the extended down time. I didn't anticipate the upgrade taking quite this long. I'm still not done completely but I wanted to at least get the site back up and running. Things should be functioning ok for the most part but there will be some glitches along the way. I'll be working hard to get everything back in order as soon as possible. This was a much needed upgrade for security reasons among many.

Please use this thread to post any suggestions or problems you may be experiencing.

Thanks for your continued patience and support.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, I'd like to apologize for the extended down time. I didn't anticipate the upgrade taking quite this long. I'm still not done completely but I wanted to at least get the site back up and running. Things should be functioning ok for the most part but there will be some glitches along the way. I'll be working hard to get everything back in order as soon as possible. This was a much needed upgrade for security reasons among many.

Please use this thread to post any suggestions or problems you may be experiencing.

Thanks for your continued patience and support.

Let me be the first to say

The New look is the shiznit

i dont know if this waht youd call a problem but the last link on the top that says "None" its not obvious what kind of links you might find in there.

Might also be nice to have a ling directly to the DL section again.

All in all nice job it look good

i dont know if this waht youd call a problem but the last link on the top that says "None" its not obvious what kind of links you might find in there.

Might also be nice to have a ling directly to the DL section again.

All in all nice job it look good

Yeah, I agree. I'll be working on that today.

Thanks.

Another minor aspect, if you click on a member's profile, the "last 10 created topics" and the "last 10 posted topics" are displayed twice.

Thanks.

On a side note, this layout is pretty awesome, but it looks clunky to me for some reason...maybe it's because it's all trying to fit into the middle of my page. I usually view this site in 1024x768 resolution and everything used to "fit".

I can make it use the whole page, would that work better?

Loving the new look, although it's a little bright for my tastes...and the user input boxes (text boxes, drop down lists etc.) need to have a default colour set on them. It also seemed quite a bit slower than normal, but that could just be the update.

Otherwise, very nice!

(Incredibly minor - after editing a post, the text says "edited 2 time in total". The plural monkey cried because it's not getting any attention in this sentence. ;) )

don't know what anyone else thinks, but i personally liked the headlines at the bottom of the homepage.

also, i use a widescreen so the font is typically pretty small. in normal view, everything lines up fine, but as you can see below, when i increase the font size, everything shifts to the right and i have to scroll over to view the page, thus making the widescreen pointless. it only happens a little bit in the home page, but happens more drastically in any thread.

Normal

Zoomed

Archived