Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
Blue Purple Red Orange Gold Green Teal Chocolate Charcoal
picklebrad

New Infield Dirt And Sky Textures

Very true. I will mess around with it when I get a chance. I'm thinking that the timing of the dirt drying is in the code and not the design part however.

Very true. I will mess around with it when I get a chance. I'm thinking that the timing of the dirt drying is in the code and not the design part however.

Not sure if this will be helpful information... Note that when you save a game and then resume it later, the dirt/batters boxes always revert to 1st inning conditions, regardless of what inning the game is in upon resumption.

Not sure if this will be helpful information... Note that when you save a game and then resume it later, the dirt/batters boxes always revert to 1st inning conditions, regardless of what inning the game is in upon resumption.

That could turn out to be very helpful in this context, but doesn't it say a ton more about the approach used by the designers of the game?

That has to be added to the long list of LAME elements in the way they went about writing the code and paying attention to detail.

Jeez!!

That actually is helpful information. I've also noticed that when you sim partially through a game it doesn't dry up as fast. Therefore it must be time based, not by inning. Hmmmmm Edited by picklebrad

About the sky textures...I'd definitely love to help out when you get to that ;)

I'm Hollywood70 and I approve of that message :)

About the sky textures...I'd definitely love to help out when you get to that ;)

Thanks man. That would be awesome. I can't seem to find a high enough resolution of what I want without it getting blown out or pixelated. I would like a realistic "fluffy" cloud look without being too saturated or the wrong shade of blue. I'll post some tests tomorrow. In the meantime, I think I nailed Fenway's dirt.

Thanks man. That would be awesome. I can't seem to find a high enough resolution of what I want without it getting blown out or pixelated. I would like a realistic "fluffy" cloud look without being too saturated or the wrong shade of blue. I'll post some tests tomorrow. In the meantime, I think I nailed Fenway's dirt.

You would have to try and look at skybox textures. Panoramic ones, to be exact. They're so hard to find online without a sun in them.

cgskies.com unfortunately they didn't use true HDR lightning in this game... Oh 2K why are you so far behind the curve? Im gonna try and make my own with a gradient and then add multiple layers of high res clouds until it looks right. I will offset it so it won't have a seam.

Ok. I believe I have mastered the dirt at Turner Field. I played a game without simming and the dirt didn't really start drying up until about the 7th inning! Also I have created a much more realistic grass texture that I layered overtop of KC's already brilliant color schemes. I will upload my completely modded Fenway and Turner field for you all to try out and test for me. I'm really excited for the feedback and thank you all for welcoming me to this amazing community!

Also, I have only been able to adjust the contrast, brightness and texture of the dirt. I would like to find a way to make it that "Clay" color that most parks are using this year. Any suggestions?

Edited by picklebrad

I very excited about this mod. Great job! :drinks: When I finally get done with the roster I am working on and can actually start a franchise... it will feel like a totally new game. Way better than what 2K actually released this year :mad: So a huge thanks to all who are help make this game sooo much better.

Okay guys...without further ado, I present to you with the new and improved MLB 2K13! Suck on that The Show! This is what can happen when a group of talented artists get together and create something amazing! I only take credit for the new sky texture, the improved grass and the new and improved dirt texture. I have an FXAA tool running with custom settings which barely effects the frame rate at all! What do you guys think?

8691037203_55376a9b3a_b.jpg8691035969_617d7d54f4_b.jpg8691038413_2a75079d3b_b.jpg8691034787_5e51e64ba4_b.jpg8691039609_8494b4067e_b.jpg8691040891_51aa776954_b.jpg8692160136_534b563628_b.jpg8691044761_a671a53e6b_b.jpg8691032199_e4dba8aa65_b.jpg

Really nice work. Looks great. Will we have to run with the FXAA tool also to get your new textures? or will this work like KC's great sky texture download that you just copy into the game file ?

Not bad.

Now if you can re-create the Tigers' current tetris-like layout, then I will bow down to you.

I will see what I can do. I haven't been able to change the actual "patterns" of the grass, only the texture and the way it reflects light with the alpha channel. For some reason, the dds file won't open in photoshop. I will see what I can do though.