MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Jim825

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys!

Not really sure if this is MVP15 related, but my game keeps freezing during games. I played 3 games so far in Dinasty mode and two of them froze towards the end. The picture freezes and the last sound played plays continuously. Only way out it to CTRL+Alt+Delete to the Task Manager. Windows is not in good state (can't open other applications unless MVP has been killed via the Task Manager).

Anybody seeing or saw this in the past? 

Thanks!

Definitely saw this before.  Other than applying the 4GB patch which has been talked about around here (see above), the only other thing I can think of is some kind of funky cyberface.  Try to think if it was someone you brought into the game as a sub/reliever OR if you went to the screen and looked at the managers faces in the little window that comes up when you're accessing the quick menus to make a change.

It would be good to know what team you're using and what team(s) you're facing.

Definitely saw this before.  Other than applying the 4GB patch which has been talked about around here (see above), the only other thing I can think of is some kind of funky cyberface.  Try to think if it was someone you brought into the game as a sub/reliever OR if you went to the screen and looked at the managers faces in the little window that comes up when you're accessing the quick menus to make a change.

It would be good to know what team you're using and what team(s) you're facing.

​Using the Cardinals, playing the Cubs at Wrigley. 

The first freeze happened when pressing the button to go back to the menu at the end of the game. The second one with Jhonny Peralta flying out to LF Ryan Sweeney in the top of the 8th.

I will try the 4GB patch and let you know if it improves!

EDIT: Maybe I should add that I'm playing in 2005 while trying to find a way to make the ScheduleUpdater work. 

If you're playing with only 2005 and attempting to use more modern rosters, it's just not going to work.  You should at least update to MVP 2008 and also try to install recent cyberface packs in the DL section.

If you're playing with only 2005 and attempting to use more modern rosters, it's just not going to work.  You should at least update to MVP 2008 and also try to install recent cyberface packs in the DL section.

​Nope, I'm playing a dinasty in MVP 2015 but I'm in year 2005 since the schedule updater is not working for me (WIndows 7). Sorry for the confusion :-)

Sorry guys if someone has already asked this question but I'm having trouble getting the thread to load past this page.

Its a pretty simple thing really, I was just wondering, ya know ballpark, what date the rosters were currrent to when MVP15 was released.

Once again guys, amazing amazing job. The mod is fantastic and I absolutely looooove playing it.

Sorry guys if someone has already asked this question but I'm having trouble getting the thread to load past this page.

Its a pretty simple thing really, I was just wondering, ya know ballpark, what date the rosters were currrent to when MVP15 was released.

Once again guys, amazing amazing job. The mod is fantastic and I absolutely looooove playing it.

​What do you mean? There's only five pages in this particular thread.

And did you bother reading the Mvp 15 mod description? It said it was the Opening Day rosters.

My internet seems to be lagging terribly mate and yeah I just re-read it and yeah my apologies for that, I guess doing this stuff while I'm concentrating on working as well, probably not a good idea lol

Again apologies for asking an unnecessary question

Still friends? :-)

My internet seems to be lagging terribly mate and yeah I just re-read it and yeah my apologies for that, I guess doing this stuff while I'm concentrating on working as well, probably not a good idea lol

Again apologies for asking an unnecessary question

Still friends? :-)

​Absolutely! Well, just this once though. I try to hide that I am actually a nice guy around here. ;)

​Using the Cardinals, playing the Cubs at Wrigley. 

The first freeze happened when pressing the button to go back to the menu at the end of the game. The second one with Jhonny Peralta flying out to LF Ryan Sweeney in the top of the 8th.

I will try the 4GB patch and let you know if it improves!

EDIT: Maybe I should add that I'm playing in 2005 while trying to find a way to make the ScheduleUpdater work. 

​Update: just played a game after using the 4BG patch, destroyed the Cubs 12-0 and the game froze again when exiting the stadium. Sooo frustrating. I have lost some good performances from my guys. :-(

​Update: just played a game after using the 4BG patch, destroyed the Cubs 12-0 and the game froze again when exiting the stadium. Sooo frustrating. I have lost some good performances from my guys. :-(

​The freezing seems to have some kind of pattern. It happened twice while clicking on the button to end the game and twice in the top of the 8th, after a base hit, just as the outfielder was about to pick up the ball. Unfortunately both the hitter and the fielder were different (Peralta to Sweeney and Molina to Fowler) so it doesn't seem to be related to a particular player. 

Hello everyone.  I downloaded your MVP 2005 10th Anniversary mod and it plays awesome up to the 5th game. ( April 9th )  I go to sim through the remaining game to get to the next day, and it crashes every time. It says not responding and just freezes.  I first used the free file viewer to extract, but I got advice from some of you guys on using the 7 zip one.  The same problem at the same time occurs.  It is an awesome game, so please help. I need to get back to my Cubs as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance!

Wanted to signal a couple of small bugs I've come across in MVP15: 

- Chris Dominguez of the Reds is announced with another name (can't remember it now, sorry :-) )

- Tyler Lyons of the Redbirds (Cardinals AAA) is really a left hander but listed as a righty in the game

Wanted to signal a couple of small bugs I've come across in MVP15: 

- Chris Dominguez of the Reds is announced with another name (can't remember it now, sorry :-) )

- Tyler Lyons of the Redbirds (Cardinals AAA) is really a left hander but listed as a righty in the game

​These are the kind of reported bugs that help improve the game. Thank you.

Try to start another season and turn the injuries/suspensions/trades off and see if you can sim into May.  Report back.

​Just tried and it went into May without problems.

I'll also add that I've now played 3 games in a row without the game freezing. I'm now patching the exe each time I startup the machine, I know it should be pointless but since it's not freezing...

Also, I'm now playing against the Reds so maybe the problem is Cubs-related?

Archived