MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Jim825

Good deal.....make sure you get the latest update (1.2).   The only glaring mistake I made was Quentin was still on the Braves.  He should be a F.A.

The 1994 Baseball season, what a season to be remembered in mods lol. I'm downloading it now just to get the schedule updater. Hopefully it is there, and will confirm it once I finish downloading it.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can confirm, there is NOT a Schedule Updater bundled with TC94.

The only things in the zip file are a 256 file a How to Install Txt file the install exe a patch exe and a TiT ini file.

Nothing about a Schedule Updater.

Ok this is starting to piss me right off. I've searched and searched now for the Schedule Updater, I've searched google ect, I've searched the forums ect, and all I find are people mentioning it. Never a link, nothing. Does this thing even exist?!

Correction, I've found a link to the damn utility, but the site no longer exist. Found it here.http://www.mvpmods.com/files/file/5978-schedules-1933-2005/

Well I found it. http://www.mvpmods.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=6220

Its called a YEAR CHANGER not a Schedule Updater, no wonder I wasn't getting any hits when searching for it. Even the folder it comes in says Year Changer, so perhaps we should refer to it as that to prevent further confusion. And yet the actual exe file is Schedule Updater. No wonder the confusion.

Well, running the program and getting it to work was far easier than finding it. Just as Gordo says, follow the prompts, and remember to hit no on the change birthdays, and Bob's your Uncle. Keep in mind that when you start another Dynasty (Or Season as MVP 15 calls it) you will need to re-do the Year Changer. Note: I do not mean when you are continuing into 2016 from a 2015 start. The save game file should hold that over. I mean when you start from scratch you will need to redo this. Which is not a big deal at all, very simple alt tab and a few command prompt.

Also you will need this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=1639 I apparently didn't have it at first attempt and ran into an error trying to start the program. Upon downloading and installing this, straight from the readme provided mind you, it worked just fine.

The app was originally called "schedule updater".  Maybe you changed the name on your PC. I'm not sure where that link you're getting is from.  If you search year changer or just changer, you won't find it under that name.

This is from the readme file from that app:

ScheduleUpdater v2.00
written by tywiggins
released May 28, 2006

This program requires that you have .NET Framework 2.0 installed.
Get it from microsoft.com/downloads

If you like my programs, please make a paypal donation to tywiggins@hotmail.com

http://tywiggins.tripod.com/

Instructions for version 2(If you just want to update the schedule to 2006 use ScheduleUpdater1.exe):
1.  Extract the files to some directory.
2.  Run MVP Baseball 2005 and start a new dynasty(or load a savedgame).
3.  Run the ScheduleUpdater.exe, and follow the instructions.

Choice 1 lets you set the date to April 1st of the year you choose.
Choice 2 lets you move the date forward by up to 9 days.
Choice 3 lets you move the date back by up to 9 days.

Just to be safe, after running the scheduleupdater, save your game to a new slot, and then load your new saved game.

Any new stats that you accumulate will be put into the appropriate place in the year-by-year stats.   
Players age is based on their birthdate and the current day, so they are correct.

Guys, I'm having issues getting games to run in MVP 15 and I'm running out of ideas. I've tried using two different PCs and have had the same results on both. Both PCs are running Windows 7 32-bit and have 4GB RAM. One is a laptop with Intel graphics; the other is a desktop with a 1GB Radeon card. I have a legit copy of the game and have disc 2 in my cd drive. My clean copy is patched to the 5th patch. I have the game installed to the desktop on both PCs, and I exploded the mod directly to the game folder. I have tried the 4GB patch (not sure if that matters on a 32-bit machine), and I have tried running as a regular user and by right-clicking and running as administrator. I have also tried with and without compatibility mode for lack of any other ideas. The clean copy still works and all of the Total Classics I have tried so far work also. I am also able to run MVP 08, but I have this issue in MVP 15, 14, and 13. I've been through every support thread I can find on here. Am I missing anything? 

Something else worth noting for my last post is that MVP 15 and 13 on rare occasions have worked right after I install them, but after I restart the computer, the next time I run the game it starts the old crash to desktop when starting a game after getting halfway through loading, just like many others have mentioned in their posts. I'm not sure what's changing to keep it from working...

I'm a little fuzzy on the rules behind that.  I've heard that it's cool and not cool.  What's the deal?

A number of years ago during the Great MVPMods / EAMods Flame War, tywiggins asked us to remove all of his mods from this site, which is why the only way to get his mods is if they are bundled with other mods (e.g. at least one tool bundled with the MVP 1994 mod).

EAMods has been shut down for years now and ty has not been on this site for even longer, so I suppose it's OK to upload the tools again.  If he ever does come back and requests that his tools be removed, we'll honor his wishes.

A number of years ago during the Great MVPMods / EAMods Flame War, tywiggins asked us to remove all of his mods from this site, which is why the only way to get his mods is if they are bundled with other mods (e.g. at least one tool bundled with the MVP 1994 mod).

EAMods has been shut down for years now and ty has not been on this site for even longer, so I suppose it's OK to upload the tools again.  If he ever does come back and requests that his tools be removed, we'll honor his wishes.

Makes sense. The guy's been gone for many years. I wish he'd come back. Heck, I wish a lot of the people who were here years ago would return.

Open models.big with the bigGUI utility. Hit the "R" (rebuild) button....give it some time to work.  It won't tell you when it's done, but when you can close bigGUI, you'll know it's done.  Report back.

Tried the rebuild but still no luck...I even made a new copy of my clean install on my desktop, exploded MVP 15 to it, and then rebuilt the models.big on the new copy. It still crashes halfway through loading a practice game. It even crashes when a demo game loads after a few seconds of inactivity on the main menu. I'm about to have an XP laptop ready to try so I might have to settle for that...not sure what else to try (other than buying a PS3 and playing The Show $$$).

Zatara I had the same issue that you had, well with the exception that it didn't work at all, instead of working for a bit.

I don't know what I did, other than moved it to C: instead of C:/ProgramFiles/EASports and it solved my crashing on the loading bar screen.

This might be a pain, but have you tried uninstalling all copies of MVP and making sure it cleans out all the old Reg. Files? I have a program (Advanced System Care) that has an uninstall tool that will scan the system for left over files. If it isn't to much of a chore, try uninstalling all your copies. Reboot, then reinstall, patch, explode, and then try it. These are the steps I take anytime I remove anything from my PC. Also, I patched up to ea #5 instead of just #2 on my second time around, it may be possible that solved it.

If I ever do find out what I did, I will make sure to post it, but again other than moving the install, which I think you have already done, I can suggest nothing else.

Try installing/playing MVP 08 or 12 and see what happens.  Also, reboot your PC and try to go right into a game, especially if you're on W7.

I already have 08 installed. It worked right off the bat without a reboot. I rebooted and tried MVP15 though and it still crashed. I'm about to download MVP12 and see how it does. Thanks for the help!

I already have 08 installed. It worked right off the bat without a reboot. I rebooted and tried MVP15 though and it still crashed. I'm about to download MVP12 and see how it does. Thanks for the help!

Hey I just remembered something else I did differently. Have you created a new player and named them Katie Roy? It unlocks all the stadiums and uniforms that are necessary I think for the mod to work.

Go into the manager area from the main menu. Create the player, just name him and save, Then save your profile. After you do that you can go back in and delete the player from Free Agents, and still keep everything unlocked. Give that a try before you go about uninstalling everything, that might do the trick.

Zatara I had the same issue that you had, well with the exception that it didn't work at all, instead of working for a bit.

I don't know what I did, other than moved it to C: instead of C:/ProgramFiles/EASports and it solved my crashing on the loading bar screen.

This might be a pain, but have you tried uninstalling all copies of MVP and making sure it cleans out all the old Reg. Files? I have a program (Advanced System Care) that has an uninstall tool that will scan the system for left over files. If it isn't to much of a chore, try uninstalling all your copies. Reboot, then reinstall, patch, explode, and then try it. These are the steps I take anytime I remove anything from my PC.

If I ever do find out what I did, I will make sure to post it, but again other than moving the install, which I think you have already done, I can suggest nothing else.

Hey Slydude,

I haven't tried scanning the registry but I have uninstalled the game a few times and deleted the original install folder and the My Documents\MVP Baseball 2005 folder. Right now I have a folder at C:\EA Sports (not Program Files) that has a clean install folder, MVP 08, and Total Classics 1984 and 1941, all of which work. It's strange that 13 and 15 won't work also. The best explanation I've found so far in the threads is that the models.big folder is so much larger on the newer mods than it was on the older ones. It's a shame the appcrash items in system logs do not have any more information than they do. :(

The other thing I've been making sure to do is defrag. I've been using Auslogics as it is much quicker than the Windows Defragment utility. I know this is needed after moving around folders that are several GBs apiece. I'll try another clean reinstall and see how that does. Hopefully I can do that without messing up my other mods that still work.

Hey I just remembered something else I did differently. Have you created a new player and named them Katie Roy? It unlocks all the stadiums and uniforms that are necessary I think for the mod to work.

Go into the manager area from the main menu. Create the player, just name him and save, Then save your profile. After you do that you can go back in and delete the player from Free Agents, and still keep everything unlocked. Give that a try before you go about uninstalling everything, that might do the trick.

Can't say I've ever tried that lol...I'll try that too. Thanks! :)

I tried adding Katie Roy to MVP 15 but it crashed right when I clicked Create Player. I deleted MVP 15, made a new copy of my clean install and created Katie Roy there, and then exploded MVP 15 again. Still crashes. I guess my next step is to back up all my other mods and try uninstalling everything. I'll try Advanced System Care and see how that works. I really hope I can get 15 to work on this laptop. Thanks guys for your help.

I tried adding Katie Roy to MVP 15 but it crashed right when I clicked Create Player. I deleted MVP 15, made a new copy of my clean install and created Katie Roy there, and then exploded MVP 15 again. Still crashes. I guess my next step is to back up all my other mods and try uninstalling everything. I'll try Advanced System Care and see how that works. I really hope I can get 15 to work on this laptop. Thanks guys for your help.

Rats.

When you get ASC, go to the toolbox tab and look for IObit Uninstaller, and click on it. Give it a second then uninstall MVP 05. It should ask to do a more powerful search hit ok. Once it runs delete any files it finds, then reboot.

I hope that works for you, I know how much of a chore that is.

Rats.

When you get ASC, go to the toolbox tab and look for IObit Uninstaller, and click on it. Give it a second then uninstall MVP 05. It should ask to do a more powerful search hit ok. Once it runs delete any files it finds, then reboot.

I hope that works for you, I know how much of a chore that is.

That worked like a champ Slydude....until I rebooted. I don't understand what makes it stop working. So strange...

Archived