MVP Baseball 15 Support Thread

Jim825

Hi all, I am new to the PC version. I played the XBox version until it stopped working. So I just picked up the PC game off of Ebay. So I have been trying to install it for 2 days, but everytime I try install it it keeps stopping at the stadiums. So my question is is there a way to just install the minimum and add the stadiums from the download section or do I have to find a new game and try install that. Any help  would be greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok so i had 15 a few days, it crashed, but and i had reboot the whole system because i get of the crashed in game it was playing when this happened, meaning the was running well to that point. i thnik this wed night. since i load the game but crashes out to the desktop at the point where after selecting teams any teams and going to the in game. play.

so i thought ok some damaged, so reinstalled the after i was sure i had clean install from 05 in place for, but still happening. so took the folder completely. took out my saves related to 15. but had the same exact thing happen. so re-downloaded the mod. thinking i had something wrong with files  i had stored. still the same. i even went bak to back i stored from when i first installed 15 and replaced the complete folder to see if i can run from there. still nothing. all the other mods conversation mods are working exactly they should and used the same base 05 clean folder for throes to set them up. any ides. im on windows 10, everything else is working, and had 15 working, so ideas why i cant 15 working again?

Hi all, I am new to the PC version. I played the XBox version until it stopped working. So I just picked up the PC game off of Ebay. So I have been trying to install it for 2 days, but everytime I try install it it keeps stopping at the stadiums. So my question is is there a way to just install the minimum and add the stadiums from the download section or do I have to find a new game and try install that. Any help  would be greatly appreciated.

If you can't get a full install from the discs, then unfortunately it sounds like the discs.  I don't know what order they install files, but you gotta get it to fully install first from the discs, but maybe I'm missing something.

@mcoll .... sounds more like a Windows 10 problem vs. MVP 15.

i do setup from full disk. make that my master i dont use for anything, other than for later copy to create other mod years. and if you reading you see i said, or least thought i said all my other vertion ye years are working.

ok got it working again. 15. i had go back to hand hold setup base clean install from a few momths ago, i forgotten about i had to create the base, then i do the mod install using admin. somewhere in all that its working again.

will im back to here i was in the post of July 2. worked, but then stoped working again. so you can read that, and can give some ideas i'd appericate.

• 3 months later...

First things first, and I keep posting this in every thread I find installation issues:

If your MVP Baseball 2005 directory is in the Program Files folder, please make sure you run ExplodeMe.exe AS ADMINISTRATOR otherwise you will run into a variety of problems with moving/replacing files.

Windows 7 and higher have security measures in place to prevent programs from making changes to the Program Files folder unless you run said program as admin.

The only workaround would be to have your MVP 2005 game installed outside of the Program Files folder.

i've done this and still get the same error message:  "can't open file c:\program files\easports\mvpbaseball 2005\explodeme.exe as archive

no matter what i do, when i click on 'explodeme.exe' and try to extract into my that's in the c:\program files and also c:\program files (x86) mvp2005 folder, i get the following message:  "can't open file c:\program files\easports\mvp baseball 2005\explodeme.exe as archive.  i've gone in the explodeme and unchecked 'archive' i've tried to extract to. i'm using windows 7 64 bit.  rranger@frontier.com   lee

I'm having problems with the commentary and other sounds and stuff. They just don't play a lot of the time. Also, I'm having major issues with the controls just keep switching on their own. I'm using an xbox 360 controller with the config from the other thread, but they keep getting automatically switched and can't be changed in game. What should be pitch 1 I can't even do, it brings up analysis. If the other team hits the ball, my fielders keep diving no matter how I try to control them. Same with baserunning. No matter what I tell them, they dive into every base, ruining potential doubles, triples, scoring from second, etc.

no matter what i do, when i click on 'explodeme.exe' and try to extract into my that's in the c:\program files and also c:\program files (x86) mvp2005 folder, i get the following message:  "can't open file c:\program files\easports\mvp baseball 2005\explodeme.exe as archive.  i've gone in the explodeme and unchecked 'archive' i've tried to extract to. i'm using windows 7 64 bit.  rranger@frontier.com   lee

are you running the explode me file as admin?

My MVP 15 crashes when starting a game. To provide you with all the info:

Cardinals at Twins

No other mods/stadiums installed besides MVP 15

Default roster that came with the mod

You  need to provide more information here. For example what version of Windows are you running?

My MVP 15 crashes when starting a game. To provide you with all the info:

Cardinals at Twins

No other mods/stadiums installed besides MVP 15

Default roster that came with the mod

is it any game you create or just these particular teams?
When you installed MVP 15 did you run the install program with admin privileges?

• 4 weeks later...

Hello All. I am having trouble loading games after months of MVP 15 working without any glitches. When I load a game the status bar gets about halfway and the program crashes. It happens to all teams in dynasty, owner or exhibition modes. Details:

• Windows 7 Home Premium
  • Loaded MVP 15 from a clean installation of MVP 05
  • Disabled Windows update KB3086255 in order to get MVP to start. For months I would disable this update only to have it reinstalled the next time I started the computer. However, recently Microsoft stopped automatically reinstalling it.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

I have installed Windows 10 and my computer is high end as I always tinker with it...The game works fine but the graphics are not as crisp as other games and the game play itself is not as smooth it stutters from time to time..Is there a way to fix the graphics and stutter effect...

Any help would be appreciated...

Hi guys! I've not been on this site for ages and had given up on playing mvp 05 as I thought it didn't work anymore.

Many thanks for creating this update and all of the support here.

I'm running Windows 10 and followed the advice in the other thread to get everything working. I have the game installed in C:mvp baseball and have installed this conversion. I've also used the schedule updater to change the year to 2015.

Everything is working fine except owner mode. It will let me play the first game but as soon as I click to end game it crashes to the desktop. I tried simming the game but as soon as it reaches the end of the game it crashes. I tried the same thing in season (dynasty?) mode and it works fine.

Any ideas?

Archived