The MVP 2005 and Windows 10 Thread

Solid_Contact

I will check it out as well...One last question more of an opinion..Which would be the best number to set for my sliders to get a more realistic baseball game..I want to set it to MVP but I am not sure which number to set all the slider options..??

What do you use Gordo...??

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better asked in the sliders thread.  I use the SIM pack I came up with a while ago:  1P batting view; classic pitching (no pitch meter), so my sliders may not work for you unless you'd want to try that.  For offline, I can play no other way.

Did anyone ever find a fix for the stuttering/slowing problem? I've had it on multiple Windows 10 computers. I've also had some sketchy graphics problems, but I'm not really concerned about that until I can get rid of the slow.

Edit:/update: the problem seems to be with hardware rendering. When using any software renderer the glitchy graphics are gone. But all hardware rendering options glitch the graphics. Fixed the slowing down problem with dx11 and using faster presets in the emulation settings menu, but though the framerate still gets choppy, like running it on an actual PS2 (maybe unavoidable?) even though PCSX2 now says 100% and 60 FPS. Would love advice on how to get around this hardware rendering problem if anyone knows. Both systems I've tried it on have AMD cards.

It looks like this at its worst: 

Edited by Cup_o_joe18

5 hours ago, Gordo said:

You seem to know your way around computers and specs.  Therefore, why don't you dual boot to Win 7 or XP and play the game through one of those OS.  Easiest fix I can think of.

I was hoping I wouldn't have to do something like that, but you're probably right. Any recommendation between the two? VM?

On 10/13/2018 at 9:24 PM, stealth2920 said:

I dual boot Win 10 and Win 7.  Only thing I use Win 7 for is this game.  Works great with no issues of any kind.

Did you start with Windows 10 and partition in 7, the other way around, or do you have 2 HDDs?

2 hours ago, stealth2920 said:

I actually have four SSD's installed.  1 Win 10 c drive with OS on it.  1 Win 10 d: drive with programs, photos, documents, games etc.  1 Win 7 c and d partitions with the only game being MVP2005.  1 1TB used for the macrium auto backup of the Win 10 c & d drives.  1 500GB SSD for miscellaneous backup files of random software etc.  Each OS was installed without the other drives connected.

Damn man, you're my hero!

2 hours ago, stealth2920 said:

I actually have four SSD's installed.  1 Win 10 c drive with OS on it.  1 Win 10 d: drive with programs, photos, documents, games etc.  1 Win 7 c and d partitions with the only game being MVP2005.  1 1TB used for the macrium auto backup of the Win 10 c & d drives.  1 500GB SSD for miscellaneous backup files of random software etc.  Each OS was installed without the other drives connected.

So what was the order of how you did this?  1 SSD w/ Win 10, then disconnect; connect 2 SSD and install 7?  And what do you use to boot up properly?

Ok thanks man.  I did a dual boot with my current rig and my main drive is on W7.  My 2ndary drive was just storage until I added W10 to it.  I rarely logged into it other than to play around with things.  I'm going to have to wipe this small HDD and install W7 on it now that my new rig will have 10 on the main HDD.  I'll have to try to disconnect the main HDD and see if I can install 7 with the disc I have.

Well, the HP Pavilion showed up and I was surprised at how little space there was to maneuver around.  So I partitioned my HDD and attempted to install Windows 7 there.  What an absolute fiasco.  Between BIOS being out of date, the way BIOS is done now with all types of compliance needs and configurations I was really getting pissed with Windows/HP (btw, HP tech support was a joke ... after waiting for a half hour... they simply disconnected the call).  I finally got to the Windows 7 install screen and I lost my keyboard and mouse functions, even on just USB2.  This new rig doesn't come with PS/2 inputs, which I heard was an easy fix.  I searched high and low to no avail.  So I'm playing around now with VMWare as I finally was able to install Windows 7 to that.  Installing MVP now and I'll come back with a report on how it functions, if at all.  Otherwise, I'll probably be buying a small form or mini PC barebones just to run MVP and any other older programs that may require.  But what a bunch of absolute shit this has become as I haven't had to mess with BIOS and such for quite a long time.  Absolutely ridiculous.

So the outcome here was that VMWare was not adequate.  Graphically it wasn't bad at all, but there is a delay in gamepad output and sound synchronization.  And I had set the VMWare to use 4 GB of memory (I assume virtual memory).  I can't complain about that as I don't think VMWare was set up for gaming.  I'm more upset with the whole Windows / BIOS changes and making it so difficult to get the inputs to work after partitioning your drive and attempting to install another, legitimate OS.  I'm not that happy with HP either with the extremely limited settings they have on their BIOS screen.

Honestly I didn't know HP even made motherboards.  I was about to build, but by the time my shopping cart filled up I was over budget.  I found a guy in my area who is selling a Dell Optiplex 740 SFF on Craigslist with some pretty good specs for only $40 ..... now it's a matter of reaching the guy!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be upgrading a Lenovo Optiplex 740 I recently bought primarily for Windows 7 and MVP as well as anything else that may be problematic to run on my new Windows 10 PC.  Found this deal on Craigslist for $40 and decided that I needed minimally a 1 GB vid card and I'll max out the memory if I could find a good deal on ebay for something compatible.

Over a short time found this ASUS Radeon EAH5450 Express Video Card on ebay used for $15

41HhoJhM0ZL._SX425_.jpg

And today was able to get 2 new Kingston 4 gig  DDR2 mem sticks for under $15 making the entire set up under $70!  So I have a back up PC and now something that can run MVP independent of my W10 PC as well.

I'll try to upload some pics of how this looks and let you know how it plays as well.  Capturing video has always been a problem for me however.... I hate Fraps.

Addendum:  So actually that card turned out to be too wide. Also, I mistakenly thought it was a 1 gig card and turns out it's a half gig.  But able to snag this Radeon HD6450 for less and it is a gig:

s-l1000.jpg

I hope so.  The vid card slot layouts on this motherboard seem backwards for the most part.  But then again,  I don't look at this kind of stuff often enough and keep up with terminology.  I think between this and the 8 GB of RAM, it should play smooth on 1280 x 1024.  I'm going to try to push it to 1600 x 1200, but not sure it will matter.  Just want to demonstrate that you can get/build a pretty cheap system for this game and others that for whatever reason struggle with Windows 10.

An update.  Things are settling in much better.  The Radeon card and DVI cable both arrived today.  Still only running 4 GB of RAM.  Expecting the 8 GB package to arrive later this week.  Regardless the game is pretty much running like a champ and looking good even on 1024 X 768 thanks to the HDR Bloom tweak and the tweaks you can make with the AMD Catalyst Center.  Here's some screen shots:

splash.thumb.png.f4c55363a33eecaafd21b7a926901da4.png230027659_sc1.thumb.png.f4592e8f4cb89d4867236cdb0c8678ef.pngsc2.thumb.png.c7a3e472155c2fafe0149cffd42b14ff.pngsc3.thumb.png.974fadd7842c6a8115614e928f4a2d3c.pngsc4.thumb.png.3a2cbba70367f35c59f53aec3c88c61c.png

So essentially for around $75 - 80 you can create a solid backup computer running XP or Win 7 (I've seen some XP discs on sale at ebay for under $10-15) which will play MVP very well.  I'll try to get some video, but usually not easy.

Ok, actually got some smooth video even with an older version of Fraps.  This is compressed and I think it still looks good.  The content isn't anything real exciting as I'm not editing anything but it shows how for little money you could get a decent 2nd computer and run MVP very well.  No need to wrestle with Windows 10.  (Not sure what happened with the first video, there were only 3).  Looks better if you do the pop out and keep it smaller or just download an watch via VLC player.  They're very small files.  I'll try to do a larger sized one).

• 3 months later...

i have the same problem as a lot of you.  i completely uninstalled mvp2005 from the x86 directory, re-installed the game to a directory i created (c:\ea sports\mvp baseball 2005, and installed patch #3.  i then installed mvp 12 into that directory with TIT and everything unpacked and installed correctly.  then i clicked on the mvp2005 game icon, selected properties, changed all to full control and checked the "run this program as administrator" button, and tried as is and with all of the compatibility options, and the game still wouldn't load.  i have windows 10.  i also have 2k12, but like the flexibility of mvp better and i like using mvp edit better than the 2k12 editor, so i'd really like to get this game working.  it seems like i can install the game and get it to work, but when i add a total conversion mod, it doesn't work.  the same with 2k12.  after i add the 2k mod, the game loads fine, but it still has the old original rosters and and the screens and not the mod screens and updates.  sure like to get one of these games working