The MVP 2005 and Windows 10 Thread

Solid_Contact

53 minutes ago, GoRedSox34 said:

Why was the .exe deleted? It's the only way to play the game. There is zero chance that EA cares in the slightest about this

While the exe bypasses the disc check, it's for the launch copy of MVP Baseball 2005 (the one that is installed off the disc).

The game was patched several times to address several bugs and choppiness, so the exe was modified by those EA patches in that process, and a disk bypass exe for that version of MVP Baseball 2005 does not exist. 

I don't know what to do at this point to help, honestly.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KC,

So what i downloaded is not usable?

And

Speaking of the .exe's

This game has always loaded very slowly for me, pretty sure its because of the all the new patches and mods stuffed inside the .big files and stadiums, but some time last year i found an .exe created in 2016 i believe and can't remember for which conversion mod it came from?

That just loads the game with the disk of course in, real version of the game, super fast! Every mod (classic, total conversion and the new WBC mod), loads up in seconds. I use it for everything, never crashed plays perfectly each time.

I know this has nothing to do with the Windows 10 issue that is the topic of this thread, but i thought i would just bring it up since the topic at hand is about the games .exe

23 minutes ago, Dirtdog said:

KC,

So what i downloaded is not usable?

Sure. The thing is it is not on the site anymore. That's all.

24 minutes ago, Dirtdog said:

Speaking of the .exe's

This game has always loaded very slowly for me, pretty sure its because of the all the new patches and mods stuffed inside the .big files and stadiums, but some time last year i found an .exe created in 2016 i believe and can't remember for which conversion mod it came from?

That just loads the game with the disk of course in, real version of the game, super fast! Every mod (classic, total conversion and the new WBC mod), loads up in seconds. I use it for everything, never crashed plays perfectly each time.

That is interesting.

On 8/17/2023 at 7:07 AM, ikz said:

unfortunately, have not been able to get the game up and running, really disappointed 

i tried to use virtual box 7.0 with windows 7 pro x64 as well as windows xp x64 & x86 (with service packs installed), kept getting the error message of "need directx9 and hardware accel" tried using virtualbox 6.1x and 5.2x as well as vmware workstation 17.0, same issue (i definitely made sure to install directx9 and hardware accel was on) then decided to go ahead and see if i could get it up and running on an old laptop with an install of windows 7 pro x64 (latitude e5530) i had at work. said the same thing of (directx9 and hardware accel). then went back to seeing if i could get it up and running on my windows 10 machine

i get the error message about insert the game into the cd rom, which has been mentioned on this thread. I tried using poweriso, dameon tools lite as well as windows explorer (yes cd2 was inserted), also tried a fix that helped with games like cod2 and 4 where they overwrote the installed .exe with the cd2 .exe, still no joy. tried the secdrv.sys method where you get the file from an old OS, place in system32 drivers folder, sign the driver with program, turned on test mode through command prompt, make sure secdrv in regedit is 2 (also tried 3,4) secdrv was running, still no joy. ive installed the game on different drives, tried the nocd fix, in which a black screen occurs for a second, then goes back into the desktop. tried changing my res to 4:3 ratio, tried using only one monitor, tried all properties settings within the .exe, still no joy

the last thing im willing to do is get a separate drive and seeing if i could install windows 8.1 or 7 onto it and seeing if it will run with my current rig. thing is i have pretty modern hardware, and finding drivers is always a risk for malware intrusion since the manufacturer's sites don't provide drivers for older os's. is there any hope of getting this game up and running on my windows 10 pc? im just about to give up :( 

specs:

msi b550-a-pro mobo

ryzen 9 5950x 

6700 xt 

32gb ddr4 2133

windows 10 pro x64

I never got the game to work even with the fixed exe on any amd cpu. But I do have the game running on intel cpu with nvidia gpu no problem on windows 11. I guess this leads back into amd's problems with directx 9 support.

On 8/18/2023 at 7:50 AM, ikz said:

So I tried something out yesterday, I'm still getting a black screen as I boot the game with the error message "Exception processing message 0xc0000005 - Unexpected parameters" this could be related to corrupt system files or basically the system is causing this app to crash. 

Disregarding the error, I decided to download the game on my work computer, just to see if it did the same behavior, it booted up just fine without any patches (i am running windows 10 x64 22h2 on work pc) . My work computer is a Dell Precision T1700, it is a computer with hardware based on the windows 7 os, so the crash issue on my main rig could be one of two things

1. my OS is fucked up, i tried running the system as bare as possible, but still no joy

2. could be my hardware, just might be not compatible with the game, i remember having issues with assassins creed 1 on pc where i needed to download something called ryzen master, which had a game mode which allowed the game to run. this did not work with mvp unfortunately 

gonna install a seperate drive on my main rig and install a clean windows 10 pro x64, if that doesnt work, willing to go and try 8.1 then to 7 if necessary. But I feel like ive mitigated the issue pretty good.

thank you to the admins and mods on this forum for the help. I will reach back out how my troubleshooting goes

I put in a 2nd nvme ssd drive into my main rig and installed windows 10 pro x64 and windows 8.1 x64, was not able to get mvp up and running. I have given up, this could be based on what @seskid mentioned about having an amd gpu and cpu, because I was able to get the game to run on windows 10 with a mid i7 gen processor and nvidia 1060 or 1080 about 5 years ago. But with the rig I currently have, it's just not wanting to work regardless. 

Best shot on getting it to work not natively would be using PCem or x86, this emulates old CPU's and GPU's works up to windows XP, thing is though, currently the windows xp emulation while running mvp is not up to par and will lag a lot, especially if you don't have a multicore cpu

I will have to just live with using psx2 running mvp baseball at 1080p 60, thing is, I would have loved to get the game to work on windows to mods put into the game. It is what it is, I will look for older pc's that may work for these older windows games

20 hours ago, seskid said:

I never got the game to work even with the fixed exe on any amd cpu. But I do have the game running on intel cpu with nvidia gpu no problem on windows 11. I guess this leads back into amd's problems with directx 9 support.

Yeah I think you're right, I was able to get the game to work on windows 10 about  years ago. My hardware I feel like is the problem here

Edited by ikz

1 hour ago, ikz said:

I put in a 2nd nvme ssd drive into my main rig and installed windows 10 pro x64 and windows 8.1 x64, was not able to get mvp up and running. I have given up, this could be based on what @seskid mentioned about having an amd gpu and cpu, because I was able to get the game to run on windows 10 with a mid i7 gen processor and nvidia 1060 or 1080 about 5 years ago. But with the rig I currently have, it's just not wanting to work regardless. 

Best shot on getting it to work not natively would be using PCem or x86, this emulates old CPU's and GPU's works up to windows XP, thing is though, currently the windows xp emulation while running mvp is not up to par and will lag a lot, especially if you don't have a multicore cpu

I will have to just live with using psx2 running mvp baseball at 1080p 60, thing is, I would have loved to get the game to work on windows to mods put into the game. It is what it is, I will look for older pc's that may work for these older windows games

Yeah I think you're right, I was able to get the game to work on windows 10 about  years ago. My hardware I feel like is the problem here

If you’re getting the directx 9 error, try running it at a lower resolution.  Worked for me. Sorry if you’ve tried this already. Haven’t read the entire thread.

2 minutes ago, Brian23 said:

If you’re getting the directx 9 error, try running it at a lower resolution.  Worked for me. Sorry if you’ve tried this already. Haven’t read the entire thread.

gave that a shot, ran down to 600x480 :( 

it is what it is, ive read people in this thread building or using seperate computers for older games like mvp, im looking into it for the future 

9 minutes ago, ikz said:

gave that a shot, ran down to 600x480 :( 

it is what it is, ive read people in this thread building or using seperate computers for older games like mvp, im looking into it for the future 

Why don't you create a partition with a Windows XP installation and create a multi-boot?

46 minutes ago, Muller_11 said:

Why don't you create a partition with a Windows XP installation and create a multi-boot?

I had that in mind, but there is no way of windows xp working correctly with the hardware on my current pc, or I couldn't figure it out 

Edited by ikz

On 8/9/2023 at 11:51 AM, Yankee4Life said:

What higher version mods are you talking about and while I am at it what exactly is a higher version mod?

You're right. It's copyrighted and has no support from EA Sports. And why bring Microsoft into this?

Who says that anyone here is in contact with EA? This is just a gaming website. EA is not in contact with us but they are aware of our existence. While they do not support the game anymore they still own it and if we went around fixing or patching the executable that would violate copyright law and that would be wrong on our part. This is why we do not allow this talk or even any kind of piracy like where to download the game. We respect their ownership and the game they made.

If you can't get it to play I don't know what to tell you.

My post intent was to enquire about any solutions and wasn't aware the mods didn't ever do changes to the mvp2005.exe.

Plus, wasn't aware the modders had no special connections with EA Sports directly.

Thus, didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have my original disk, but just can't get them to run in Windows 11.

I've tried everything to try to get the secdry.sys to work on windows 11.

I did see one big long line of commands to install the secdrv.sys drive, but just didn't want to push the process that far.

It has been years since I have created a multi boot system.

I understand it's possible to create a windows 7 or whatever version dual boot on a flash drive.

I've read the directions on how to do this and the Windows dual boot is installable from Microsoft or Rufus-1.

My computer is Dell Inspiron 3793 and it's a 64 bit computer.

Questions?

I know the game is a 32 bit game.

Should I install the Windows 7, 32 bit or 64 bit version for the game to work?

Will the secdrv.sys registry key work from the dual boot windows 7 or a Windows XP boot drive?

Of course, the next problem will the Windows older version work on a more up to date technical computer?

If the game will not work from a dual boot Windows 7 or Windows XP flash drive, please inform.

Thanks much for any feedback!

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/17/2023 at 8:07 AM, ikz said:

unfortunately, have not been able to get the game up and running, really disappointed 

i tried to use virtual box 7.0 with windows 7 pro x64 as well as windows xp x64 & x86 (with service packs installed), kept getting the error message of "need directx9 and hardware accel" tried using virtualbox 6.1x and 5.2x as well as vmware workstation 17.0, same issue (i definitely made sure to install directx9 and hardware accel was on) then decided to go ahead and see if i could get it up and running on an old laptop with an install of windows 7 pro x64 (latitude e5530) i had at work. said the same thing of (directx9 and hardware accel). then went back to seeing if i could get it up and running on my windows 10 machine

i get the error message about insert the game into the cd rom, which has been mentioned on this thread. I tried using poweriso, dameon tools lite as well as windows explorer (yes cd2 was inserted), also tried a fix that helped with games like cod2 and 4 where they overwrote the installed .exe with the cd2 .exe, still no joy. tried the secdrv.sys method where you get the file from an old OS, place in system32 drivers folder, sign the driver with program, turned on test mode through command prompt, make sure secdrv in regedit is 2 (also tried 3,4) secdrv was running, still no joy. ive installed the game on different drives, tried the nocd fix, in which a black screen occurs for a second, then goes back into the desktop. tried changing my res to 4:3 ratio, tried using only one monitor, tried all properties settings within the .exe, still no joy

the last thing im willing to do is get a separate drive and seeing if i could install windows 8.1 or 7 onto it and seeing if it will run with my current rig. thing is i have pretty modern hardware, and finding drivers is always a risk for malware intrusion since the manufacturer's sites don't provide drivers for older os's. is there any hope of getting this game up and running on my windows 10 pc? im just about to give up :( 

specs:

msi b550-a-pro mobo

ryzen 9 5950x 

6700 xt 

32gb ddr4 2133

windows 10 pro x64

Hello,

It's been six months since I've took a crack at getting MVP baseball 2005 to work on my AMD based system

I was able to get the game to run,

I used a graphics wrapper called dgVoodoo2 that converts old graphics APIs to Direct3D 11 or Direct3D 12. I also made the prior modifications of adding the nocd fix and making the modifications in the registry to avoid any DRM issues.

I was able to play the game in 1920x1080, the gameplay was mostly smooth, the ball movement was a bit jittery as well as some other gameplay elements. I can see if certain settings within bgVoodoo or other settings could fix this issue to create a near perfect experience

I used bgVoodo version 2.82.3 / x86 install option

Current specs:

msi b550-a-pro mobo

ryzen 9 5950x  

6800 xt 

64gb ddr4 2800

windows 10 pro x64

recorded gameplay:

the video is unlisted

I will keep this thread updated if I can find a way to make the gameplay more smooth

ikz,

UPDATE: It seems there is no way of fixing the jittery ball movement, its related to the NO CD patch messing with the prior patches, if you have the disk, you can implement the patches properly to avoid having issues. If its really annoying you. What you could do is frame cap the game to 30/40FPS, which will cause the jittery movement to stop. For me, I can live with the jittery ball movement, everything else in the game is very smooth. This is awesome, I hope this can help other people out as well

Edited by ikz

• 1 month later...
On 2/15/2024 at 11:49 PM, ikz said:

Hello,

It's been six months since I've took a crack at getting MVP baseball 2005 to work on my AMD based system

I was able to get the game to run,

I used a graphics wrapper called dgVoodoo2 that converts old graphics APIs to Direct3D 11 or Direct3D 12. I also made the prior modifications of adding the nocd fix and making the modifications in the registry to avoid any DRM issues.

I was able to play the game in 1920x1080, the gameplay was mostly smooth, the ball movement was a bit jittery as well as some other gameplay elements. I can see if certain settings within bgVoodoo or other settings could fix this issue to create a near perfect experience

I used bgVoodo version 2.82.3 / x86 install option

Current specs:

msi b550-a-pro mobo

ryzen 9 5950x  

6800 xt 

64gb ddr4 2800

windows 10 pro x64

recorded gameplay:

the video is unlisted

I will keep this thread updated if I can find a way to make the gameplay more smooth

ikz,

UPDATE: It seems there is no way of fixing the jittery ball movement, its related to the NO CD patch messing with the prior patches, if you have the disk, you can implement the patches properly to avoid having issues. If its really annoying you. What you could do is frame cap the game to 30/40FPS, which will cause the jittery movement to stop. For me, I can live with the jittery ball movement, everything else in the game is very smooth. This is awesome, I hope this can help other people out as well

This is amazing stuff might try this out with my rog ally.

2 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Yeah, yeah. I knew that. I just wanted to make sure that you guys did.

Works pretty good. Fps moves from 35 to 55 might look at the config some but glad I can even play it.

20240414_174953.jpg