The MVP 2005 and Windows 10 Thread

Solid_Contact

I have been reading thru this thread, and tried some options but no luck getting games to work. I Have nba live 08 and mvp05. Thinking of finally upgrading. What pc games in this genre are still there for Win10?  Or also, if i get the latest game for a console, how do i incorporate the update mods i d/l on here? I'm not really a techie lol.

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tested the following steps on Windows 11:

-disabled Secure Boot on my machine through the UEFI, I had to enter my Bitlocker recovery key in order to load back into the OS

-downloaded secdrv.sys and moved to system32/drivers folder.

-self-signed the file with Driver Signature Enforcement Override tool and rebooted.

-enabled TestSigning mode through the Command Line

… and I still get the dreaded “login as admin and try again” dialogue when I launch the game. I also tried applying each patch, and tested running after each one with no luck. 

I want to play this game so bad! Can anyone provide any hints or steps I may have missed? 

1 hour ago, ect2020 said:

I have tested the following steps on Windows 11:

-disabled Secure Boot on my machine through the UEFI, I had to enter my Bitlocker recovery key in order to load back into the OS

-downloaded secdrv.sys and moved to system32/drivers folder.

-self-signed the file with Driver Signature Enforcement Override tool and rebooted.

-enabled TestSigning mode through the Command Line

… and I still get the dreaded “login as admin and try again” dialogue when I launch the game. I also tried applying each patch, and tested running after each one with no luck. 

I want to play this game so bad! Can anyone provide any hints or steps I may have missed? 

:o

I am going to go out on a limb here and say it is probably not going to play on win 11?

Especially after you tried all this,

Win 11 is about a half a dozen Operating systems newer than the optimal OS for this game Win XP.

Even if you get it to somehow play, i will bet all features will not work as intended.

Do what i did, I bought this bad boy (below) just for MVP Baseball 2005, it took about 2 weeks to come in thru customs and it works perfectly.

I first reached out to the Retro Revamps guys and for a few bucks more i had them soup it up to the absolute max ram and video card a Win Xp rig can handle.

Search E-bay for this,

Super slim Windows XP retro PC. HDMI. DVI & VGA retro. USB. fast. NEW 8GB | eBay

4 hours ago, Dirtdog said:

:o

I am going to go out on a limb here and say it is probably not going to play on win 11?

Especially after you tried all this,

Win 11 is about a half a dozen Operating systems newer than the optimal OS for this game Win XP.

Even if you get it to somehow play, i will bet all features will not work as intended.

Do what i did, I bought this bad boy (below) just for MVP Baseball 2005, it took about 2 weeks to come in thru customs and it works perfectly.

I first reached out to the Retro Revamps guys and for a few bucks more i had them soup it up to the absolute max ram and video card a Win Xp rig can handle.

Search E-bay for this,

Super slim Windows XP retro PC. HDMI. DVI & VGA retro. USB. fast. NEW 8GB | eBay

I spoke too soon. I signed the driver file with the MakeCert command-line utility with VS Studio Developer Command Prompt, and miraculously I got past the error and saw the MVP loading screen. But then I got this error: 

image.thumb.png.93b9d2ab9b43fe0fe5baa35da6380712.png

This is crazy! I have CD2 in. 

17 hours ago, ect2020 said:

I spoke too soon. I signed the driver file with the MakeCert command-line utility with VS Studio Developer Command Prompt, and miraculously I got past the error and saw the MVP loading screen. But then I got this error: 

image.thumb.png.93b9d2ab9b43fe0fe5baa35da6380712.png

This is crazy! I have CD2 in. 

You can try mounting the cd with daemon tools lite and see if that works. I'm currently running the game on windows 11 on two pc's. It sometimes has issues starting on my desktop but i just have a batch file that continuously tries to open the game until it's running (usually less than 10 tries). Once I'm past the initial loading screens it's good. On my dell g3 laptop with windows 11 it boots up everytime.

Edited by seskid

• 2 months later...

I haven't read the whole thread, sorry, but i just installed it to win10 64 bit.

Did this:

- search for "windows features" in the windows seach box

- select "turn windows features on or off"

- in the new window scroll down to find "internet information services" and selected if not selected.

- make sure that "CGI" is selected in "world wide web" > "application development features" drop down menu.

- confirm with "OK" and wait a few seconds

- search for "IIS" in the windows seach box  and select "internet information services"

- in left column open the drop down menu and select "application pools"

- right click and select "advanced" on "DefaultAppPool"

- set "Enable 32-bit Applications" to "True" and confirm with "OK"

Now you can install and run almost any 32-bit app.

My MVP 2005 works for me, hope it works for you. 😀

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Joe Haines said:

It is bad enough that you had to post the exact same thing in two different threads but when you post something that in your words “could open up your pc to security issues” that goes too far. I don’t want anyone here to have that. If you run into that problem that is all on you. Don’t post this stuff in here again and please re-read the rules of this website also.

Post is hidden but I will say that the method, while valid, puts a user's machine open to potential security risks that could compromise your computer. This puts the expectation on the person doing this that they will know what they are doing, but not all of us are fairly tech savvy.

Also, while this method is not necessarily a piracy concern, trust me, I would love to have people be able to play MVP without some zany workaround, but if someone ruins their PC from taking a member's advice here then it becomes a finger pointing contest as to whose fault it is

I am sorry for all the things I've said or did wrong.  Not my intention at all.  I was just letting who ever read this know that there are cautions to be had.  This method is posted elsewhere in the forum by others and nothing is said as a caution.  Search "secdrv" and you can delete them too.  I thought I was provided needed info.  The video as well provides many cautions and warnings as to what is being done.  As far as posting twice it was in response to the same basic inquiry in two separate forums.  I have spent hours on here searching and reading to fix issues I've been having related to this latest install. (Gotta love Win 10)  I have not wanted to ask anything that has been answered.  

Again I apologize for doing wrong in your eyes, Not my intention.  I thought I was being helpful.  BTW, I was just trying to respond positively to a post of yours about responding and posting and rating mods and all that.  I appreciate this site and was going to  become involved now that I am retired.  But if you felt public humiliation is the better way than maybe a PM or an E-mail, that is cool. I am upset with myself so I guess your way is best.  This will be my last post on the forum.  But I will go and leave a rating on the mods I have used over the years. 

Thank you for supporting MVP Baseball 2005.

• 2 months later...
On 11/20/2022 at 11:27 AM, Rush113 said:

I haven't read the whole thread, sorry, but i just installed it to win10 64 bit.

Did this:

- search for "windows features" in the windows seach box

- select "turn windows features on or off"

- in the new window scroll down to find "internet information services" and selected if not selected.

- make sure that "CGI" is selected in "world wide web" > "application development features" drop down menu.

- confirm with "OK" and wait a few seconds

- search for "IIS" in the windows seach box  and select "internet information services"

- in left column open the drop down menu and select "application pools"

- right click and select "advanced" on "DefaultAppPool"

- set "Enable 32-bit Applications" to "True" and confirm with "OK"

Now you can install and run almost any 32-bit app.

My MVP 2005 works for me, hope it works for you. 😀

But, can you run the higher version mods if copied/installed over MVP 2005?

Does this method and your game actually recognize the MVP 2005 disk for play?

To anyone?

I know this game is copyrighted, but has no support from EA_SPORTS or MICROSOFT.

Can any of you guys on the forum with contact with the EA_SPORTS get permission to fix this with a patch or hex editor patch with a new approach to CD disk security using Windows 11?

I'm asking these questions because I'm dumbfounded in 2023 the only fix is to bust copyright which I'm not recommending.

Edited by Johnny_Smoke

13 hours ago, Johnny_Smoke said:

But, can you run the higher version mods if copied/installed over MVP 2005?

Does this method and your game actually recognize the MVP 2005 disk for play?

What higher version mods are you talking about and while I am at it what exactly is a higher version mod?

13 hours ago, Johnny_Smoke said:

I know this game is copyrighted, but has no support from EA_SPORTS or MICROSOFT.

Can any of you guys on the forum with contact with the EA_SPORTS get permission to fix this with a patch or hex editor patch with a new approach to CD disk security using Windows 11?

You're right. It's copyrighted and has no support from EA Sports. And why bring Microsoft into this?

Who says that anyone here is in contact with EA? This is just a gaming website. EA is not in contact with us but they are aware of our existence. While they do not support the game anymore they still own it and if we went around fixing or patching the executable that would violate copyright law and that would be wrong on our part. This is why we do not allow this talk or even any kind of piracy like where to download the game. We respect their ownership and the game they made.

If you can't get it to play I don't know what to tell you.

so I ran to the conclusion, I can't get mvp baseball 2005 running on windows 10 pro x64. deciding to go ahead a run a vm of an older OS and doing it that way

what is the preferred OS to run mvp baseball 2005 on? I'm gonna try windows 7x64 tonight, but if i have issues, ill probably check back here and see what you guys mention, wondering if vista x64 or xp x64 would be better options

20 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Windows XP was the current OS when the game was released. I believe it plays best on that OS, but plenty of others play the game on Windows 7. 

Gotcha, will try windows 7 first, if issues, will go ahead with xp 

8 minutes ago, ikz said:

Like Jim said this game plays best on Windows XP and I have an XP laptop that I still use just to play this game. I also have played this game on a Windows Vista system and Windows 7 with absolutely no problem.

On 8/15/2023 at 12:56 PM, ikz said:

unfortunately, have not been able to get the game up and running, really disappointed 

i tried to use virtual box 7.0 with windows 7 pro x64 as well as windows xp x64 & x86 (with service packs installed), kept getting the error message of "need directx9 and hardware accel" tried using virtualbox 6.1x and 5.2x as well as vmware workstation 17.0, same issue (i definitely made sure to install directx9 and hardware accel was on) then decided to go ahead and see if i could get it up and running on an old laptop with an install of windows 7 pro x64 (latitude e5530) i had at work. said the same thing of (directx9 and hardware accel). then went back to seeing if i could get it up and running on my windows 10 machine

i get the error message about insert the game into the cd rom, which has been mentioned on this thread. I tried using poweriso, dameon tools lite as well as windows explorer (yes cd2 was inserted), also tried a fix that helped with games like cod2 and 4 where they overwrote the installed .exe with the cd2 .exe, still no joy. tried the secdrv.sys method where you get the file from an old OS, place in system32 drivers folder, sign the driver with program, turned on test mode through command prompt, make sure secdrv in regedit is 2 (also tried 3,4) secdrv was running, still no joy. ive installed the game on different drives, tried the nocd fix, in which a black screen occurs for a second, then goes back into the desktop. tried changing my res to 4:3 ratio, tried using only one monitor, tried all properties settings within the .exe, still no joy

the last thing im willing to do is get a separate drive and seeing if i could install windows 8.1 or 7 onto it and seeing if it will run with my current rig. thing is i have pretty modern hardware, and finding drivers is always a risk for malware intrusion since the manufacturer's sites don't provide drivers for older os's. is there any hope of getting this game up and running on my windows 10 pc? im just about to give up :( 

specs:

msi b550-a-pro mobo

ryzen 9 5950x 

6700 xt 

32gb ddr4 2133

windows 10 pro x64

9 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Context matters, so the sole ask I can have as part of the admin team is that you own the original copy of MVP Baseball 2005. It's only one title, so it makes sense the rules are relaxed for this game.

Can you check your private messages please?

On 8/17/2023 at 8:07 AM, ikz said:

unfortunately, have not been able to get the game up and running, really disappointed 

i tried to use virtual box 7.0 with windows 7 pro x64 as well as windows xp x64 & x86 (with service packs installed), kept getting the error message of "need directx9 and hardware accel" tried using virtualbox 6.1x and 5.2x as well as vmware workstation 17.0, same issue (i definitely made sure to install directx9 and hardware accel was on) then decided to go ahead and see if i could get it up and running on an old laptop with an install of windows 7 pro x64 (latitude e5530) i had at work. said the same thing of (directx9 and hardware accel). then went back to seeing if i could get it up and running on my windows 10 machine

i get the error message about insert the game into the cd rom, which has been mentioned on this thread. I tried using poweriso, dameon tools lite as well as windows explorer (yes cd2 was inserted), also tried a fix that helped with games like cod2 and 4 where they overwrote the installed .exe with the cd2 .exe, still no joy. tried the secdrv.sys method where you get the file from an old OS, place in system32 drivers folder, sign the driver with program, turned on test mode through command prompt, make sure secdrv in regedit is 2 (also tried 3,4) secdrv was running, still no joy. ive installed the game on different drives, tried the nocd fix, in which a black screen occurs for a second, then goes back into the desktop. tried changing my res to 4:3 ratio, tried using only one monitor, tried all properties settings within the .exe, still no joy

the last thing im willing to do is get a separate drive and seeing if i could install windows 8.1 or 7 onto it and seeing if it will run with my current rig. thing is i have pretty modern hardware, and finding drivers is always a risk for malware intrusion since the manufacturer's sites don't provide drivers for older os's. is there any hope of getting this game up and running on my windows 10 pc? im just about to give up :( 

specs:

msi b550-a-pro mobo

ryzen 9 5950x 

6700 xt 

32gb ddr4 2133

windows 10 pro x64

So I tried something out yesterday, I'm still getting a black screen as I boot the game with the error message "Exception processing message 0xc0000005 - Unexpected parameters" this could be related to corrupt system files or basically the system is causing this app to crash. 

Disregarding the error, I decided to download the game on my work computer, just to see if it did the same behavior, it booted up just fine without any patches (i am running windows 10 x64 22h2 on work pc) . My work computer is a Dell Precision T1700, it is a computer with hardware based on the windows 7 os, so the crash issue on my main rig could be one of two things

1. my OS is fucked up, i tried running the system as bare as possible, but still no joy

2. could be my hardware, just might be not compatible with the game, i remember having issues with assassins creed 1 on pc where i needed to download something called ryzen master, which had a game mode which allowed the game to run. this did not work with mvp unfortunately 

gonna install a seperate drive on my main rig and install a clean windows 10 pro x64, if that doesnt work, willing to go and try 8.1 then to 7 if necessary. But I feel like ive mitigated the issue pretty good.

thank you to the admins and mods on this forum for the help. I will reach back out how my troubleshooting goes

Edited by ikz