The MVP 2005 and Windows 10 Thread

Solid_Contact

Hey guys, Long time no see...

So I am also a new convert to windows 10 and after seeing all the recommendations and using all the adjustments i finally have the game loading...almost. I can get the game to bring up the screen with Clemens and the catcher and then it just flicks off, this is the closest I have come to getting the game to boot on my new PC so does anyone have a recommendation for my next step?  Thanx Everyone

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you read through the thread, there really is no next step.  Globally, there is no complete fix for W10 users.   A guy above claimed when he installed a file / patch for Links 03 it helped his MVP game, but no one else has confirmed that.

• 4 weeks later...

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and MVP Baseball worked fine but too slow enough to not be able to play. I managed to solve this problem by making a "downgrade", I installed the driver from the previous version of my graphic card and now the game works normally.
My graphic card is Intel GMA HD.

Edited by StephMqs

i had the game running fine with mvp and 15 on top it a couple days ago, now its loades but when to run a play now game its crashing during that lod process. so i took of the file, made a new one using the my 2005 files, then  placed the 15 mos for it. what might my issue. the orgianl is working. i thought it be something in my mods, or changed rosters , but since there not there, what might be the issue. yes in 10

updated post

ok so i had 15 a few days, it crashed, but and i had reboot the whole system because i get of the crashed in game it was playing when this happened, meaning the was running well to that point. i think this wed night. since i load the game but crashes out to the desktop at the point where after selecting teams any teams and going to the in game. play.

so i thought ok some damaged, so reinstalled the after i was sure i had clean install from 05 in place for, but still happening. so took the folder completely. took out my saves related to 15. but had the same exact thing happen. so re-downloaded the mod. thinking i had something wrong with files  i had stored. still the same. i even went bak to back i stored from when i first installed 15 and replaced the complete folder to see if i can run from there. still nothing. all the other mods conversation mods are working exactly they should and used the same base 05, (prior to wed.) clean folder for throes to set them up. any ides. im on windows 10, everything else is working, and had 15 working, so ideas why i cant 15 working again? or any installs since then?

ok got it working again. 15. i had go back to hand hold setup base clean install from a few momths ago, i forgotten about i had to create the base, then i do the mod install using admin. somewhere in all that its working again.

will im back to here i was in the post of July 3. worked, but then stoped working again. so you can read that, and can give some ideas i'd appericate.

norally i agree, but really dont if this issue ore rellated to the game or the os, soi posted to both. so i dont think its big deal in this case.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an odd issue. I am using MVPEdit to move players around en masse and two of my teams crashed half way through loading. The roster showed up with a Null spot in non DH games. I went into Roster,dat and set the SP1 to bat ninth for both teams. One works but the other doesn't. What would you recommend as the next course of action?

It's possible you moved someone from the SP1 position inadvertently when you moved him off the roster before taking him out of that SP1 slot.  (what I do is in the rotation area, swap another pitcher in 5 man rotation for the SP1 and then move that original SP1 pitcher to the other squad or team).  So, always put someone in that SP1 slot first and then move him to where you want.

The possible easy fix for that problematic team is go into the roster/lineups area and clear all the lineups.  Clear the rotation as well and re-insert everyone where you want them.  If that doesn't work, you may have inadvertently created another player and the roster actually has 26 people on it instead of 25 (though MVPedit should show them as a team with an error when you 'check errors').

Let us know.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good evening folks, been a while since I had time to start putting game on my laptop again, I am having issues with windows 7 and getting the game to even start. I did a fresh copy, it will sit and do nothing. I go and see if the disk is even showing up, it shows up but I cant get the game to start. Any suggestions? Yes I have it set for running under administrator.

• 3 months later...

I'm in agreement with Gordo's post from higher up - the best strategy is to install a partition and put Windows 7 (or xp) on that.

I could only get it to work on Windows 10 by using a no cd crack but that stopped owner mode from working and brought back the stuttering that the earlier patches fixed. It's particularly frustrating when you've got the disks right next to you!

I thought it would be difficult but a quick Google and I discovered it was fairly easy. Installed mvp off my discs using the suggested method in the stickied threads and I've now got mvp clean, mvp 2015 and total classics 1997. Ran into the Windows 7 issue mentioned above but the fix in that thread sorted it for me.

All I can say is that this site is amazing , thanks for all the guides and support!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone having issue where game opens, but crashes when you try to play an actual game? I've tried most of the Windows 10 troubleshooting, but still no luck. I already installed mods so maybe that is the problem, but they are all of the same mod files that I was using on my old XP computer and I didn't have crash issues.

Edited by boomhauertjs
Still not working

• 4 weeks later...