2017 World Series

Yankee4Life

Who do you want to win the World Series?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win the World Series?

• Houston Astros
    • Los Angeles Dodgers
    • I could care less.

As mentioned, been pulling for the Astros for years.  The way they developed this team is how I hope to see the Phillies in a few years.  My only qualm about this organization is that they took out the hill!!  :)

Heart says Astros in 7

Head says Dodgers in 6.

13 hours ago, Gordo said:

As mentioned, been pulling for the Astros for years.  The way they developed this team is how I hope to see the Phillies in a few years.  My only qualm about this organization is that they took out the hill!!  :)

Heart says Astros in 7

Head says Dodgers in 6.

I also miss the hill, at least it appears in MVP

Spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to put into words why I don't want LA or any East or West coast team to win only to remember it would probably just get deleted. And some people wonder why they lost the election. Because it's the last place we have to make you listen to us without you preventing other people from hearing us. Go Houston! Go any team from the middle of the country.

8 hours ago, Slydude3129 said:

Spent 15 minutes trying to figure out how to put into words why I don't want LA or any East or West coast team to win only to remember it would probably just get deleted. And some people wonder why they lost the election. Because it's the last place we have to make you listen to us without you preventing other people from hearing us. Go Houston! Go any team from the middle of the country.

What are you talking about??? :unknw:

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

What are you talking about??? :unknw:

I said the same thing when I read it last night. About the only thing I can guess is that people from the middle of the country are tired of seeing east or west coast team bias, which of course there is. All you got to do is tune into ESPN Sunday baseball and you'll see the Yankees and Red Sox on all the time. I'd love seeing other teams. But what the election has to do with it I am puzzled.

Just like ESPN has an East/West Coast bias, so does the media have a particular bias that runs antithesis to everything the middle of the country believes in. Any time someone from the middle speaks out against it they get shouted down and bullied into silence. For decades the East and West coast has been slowly stealing the wealth from the center of the country and holding it for themselves. Just look at Detroit. That was not done by accident. The "fly over states" have been looked down upon by East and West coasters for as long as I can remember. Hell the South has been looked down upon forever. Was just voicing frustration with that. Yea it bleeds into politics. If you don't know what the election has to do with the world series, I'd suggest asking the same question to ESPN. Same thing with the NFL. Same thing with Hollywood. There is one political party putting politics into everything, I hope it causes the same confusion when they do it, than when I did. Do you guys on the Coast really not know how much we verge on genuine hate towards you guys? Obviously not you guys here, but in general. The rest of the country is tired of your part of the country thinking you are better than us, and therefore you can control our lives better than we can. Just venting, as it will be another 3 years before I can cast my dream crushing vote again. And I can't wait to do it again lol. Seeing all those people crying, told me I made the right choice. I don't think you guys understand just how poorly you are perceived by everyone else. Not personally, but generally.

I get what you're saying about the ESPN/NFL/Hollywood, etc. and trust me, I have the same sentiment.  I've become an ardent follower of Ben Shapiro.  If you argue with this guy's principles and logic, I fear there may be little hope for you.  But I think the connection you're making between the present snapshot of this WS and the teams that happen to be involved (on which probably very few if the players, let alone the management are actually from the respective areas for their given teams) is a backwards one.

Arguments can surely be made for the identity politics and levels of hypocrisy creeping into some of the major sports (thank you NHL for not generally buying into this bullshit), but this association you're making seems somewhat personal.

2 hours ago, Gordo said:

I get what you're saying about the ESPN/NFL/Hollywood, etc. and trust me, I have the same sentiment.  I've become an ardent follower of Ben Shapiro.  If you argue with this guy's principles and logic, I fear there may be little hope for you.  But I think the connection you're making between the present snapshot of this WS and the teams that happen to be involved (on which probably very few if the players, let alone the management are actually from the respective areas for their given teams) is a backwards one.

Arguments can surely be made for the identity politics and levels of hypocrisy creeping into some of the major sports (thank you NHL for not generally buying into this bullshit), but this association you're making seems somewhat personal.

I also watch Mr. Shapiro. It's easy to see why Democrats hate him, he's a successful white man who argues with facts not feelings, and doesn't apologize for being successful while white.

Still, these teams, whether the players live right there or not, represent the areas they are from do they not? I mean, which team in the World Series tried to get a guy removed from the World Series over a joke? The team from an area that hates SJWs, Democrats, and their politics, or the one from the bastion of idiot Democrat SJWs who call everyone who points out why non whites (except for asians) are failing in this country as racist bigots?

And you bet it's personal. Everything from my way of life, down to my skin color is under attack in my own country. If that isn't personal, I don't know what is. And I'm not going to put up with it or stand for it or be silent about my extreme disapproval of it. Being silent, is what got us in this position to begin with.

Part of my frustration is that I had to take 15 minutes to censor myself, because if I didn't, I would have been censored by an admin, and I still might. And how having that done to us, because of politic or personal beliefs has bleed over into an election we won easily even with the 3 million illegal alien votes for the party that told illegal aliens to vote in that election. And that that, in turn has bleed over into the World Series. And how frustrating it is whenever a conservative injects politics into something it's "odd or weird" but the same people remain silent while the left injects politics into everything including Kindergarten level education(indoctrination).

19 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

This is getting WAY off-topic and venturing into territory that is frowned upon at this website.

Agreed. This is a thread about what team you want to win the 2017 Series.

But a couple of points just for the hell of it.

1. I don't shout down and bully into silence people from mid-America when they say something. I treat them exactly like I do if they were from the east coast and west coast, that is I ignore them.

2.  I have no idea what the election has to do with the World Series. All I know is that there are one (maybe two) games left and it will be decided on the field and not by a series of tweets by the joker in charge of the U.S.

2 hours ago, Jim825 said:

This is getting WAY off-topic and venturing into territory that is frowned upon at this website.

Thank you from proving my censorship point. And yet, it seems completely missed on you. Hence why I voted like I did, and will do so again. See, I frown upon being told what I can't discuss in a civil tone, which this has been. Don't see what there is to frown about unless you frowned November 9th 2016.

Y4L: Clown? Well that means you lost to a clown. Meaning A clown was a better pick than your candidate was. Which makes me glad I voted for President Trump even more.

Yea, I saw that live. Loved it. Dude was just mad cause he got shown up in front of his woman. I'm sure much peacocking was done after the camera cut away. Needs to work on his grip if you ask me. Made the homerun from that overrated show boat worth seeing. I wish a bird would snatch that dude's tongue out of his head. Or at the bare minimum he gets a splinter in it! 

35 minutes ago, Slydude3129 said:

Y4L: Clown? Well that means you lost to a clown. Meaning A clown was a better pick than your candidate was. Which makes me glad I voted for President Trump even more.

This is not a political thread or a political forum. Who you voted for or did not vote for is none of my business.

10 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

This is not a political thread or a political forum. Who you voted for or did not vote for is none of my business.

Never said it was. But if that is an attempt to tell me what I am allowed to discuss and where, please refer to my previous post for my feelings about that type of attitude.

I simply pointed out who I wanted to win, and why I wanted them to win and elaborated on those feelings. Yes part of it is political, why would I not disclose that in a discussion about who I want to win and why? Then when further pressed on that point, I elaborated even more.

Oddly though, my political point seems to be what everyone wants to talk about, instead of which team I wanted to win. To be fair, they are the ones discussing politics. I simply answered the question you posed at the beginning of the thread. I won't apologize because you didn't like the answer you(not you personally) got. That I'm afraid is something people must deal with on their own

12 minutes ago, Slydude3129 said:

Never said it was. But if that is an attempt to tell me what I am allowed to discuss and where, please refer to my previous post for my feelings about that type of attitude.

I simply pointed out who I wanted to win, and why I wanted them to win and elaborated on those feelings. Yes part of it is political, why would I not disclose that in a discussion about who I want to win and why? Then when further pressed on that point, I elaborated even more.

Oddly though, my political point seems to be what everyone wants to talk about, instead of which team I wanted to win. To be fair, they are the ones discussing politics. I simply answered the question you posed at the beginning of the thread. I won't apologize because you didn't like the answer you(not you personally) got. That I'm afraid is something people must deal with on their own

Dude, your first post immediately injected politics into a conversation about who you want to win the World Series (but didn't ask why), then you stated "there is one political party putting politics into everything," on a obviously non-political website dedicated to a computer video game that was released over a decade ago.

You brought politics into a non-political discussion, then when people asked why you're bringing politics into it, you go on about other forces that are always bringing politics into things. Do you understand how ridiculous this all is?

Archived