MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

The average time of a nine-inning game was 3 hours, 10 minutes, 7 seconds for the 2021 regular season. That probably does not count Red Sox games, which take a lot more to finish.

The Padres (79 - 83) have probably cost their manager his job and that's too bad. Tatis was so busy posing and bringing attention to himself. He needs to mature fast. Don't count on it though.

I won't underestimate the Cardinals when they have to go up against the Dodgers, who won 106 games.

The only reason why the Phillies ended up in second place is that they are in the worst division in baseball.

Go home Ohtani. Same for you fat Vlad. You act like Tatis but it is easy to tell you both apart since you have 150 pounds on him.

Baseball talk. How's that?

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Yankee4Liferegarding the Cleveland Indians: I do not know why people see offense in teams nicknames as Indians, Braves, Seminoles, etc.  It is just a nickname that had been since the teams inception.  Same here where I live with a high school team, Grafton Indians,  and they changed the name to Gators and there are no Gators here in Massachusetts. So, will San Diego Padres change their name?

4 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

@Yankee4Liferegarding the Cleveland Indians: I do not know why people see offense in teams nicknames as Indians, Braves, Seminoles, etc.  It is just a nickname that had been since the teams inception.  Same here where I live with a high school team, Grafton Indians,  and they changed the name to Gators and there are no Gators here in Massachusetts. So, will San Diego Padres change their name?

There's more of a chance to see a Republican in Massachusetts than there is an alligator but if you look closely you will see that the name "Gator" is an acceptable name for a sports team because what the hell are you going to do, ask one of them if they mind?

The San Diego Padres need to get their heads out of the clouds and address the selfishness of Tatis, Jr. The guy is simply in love with himself. Changing the name? No. Changing their attitudes? Yes. And if they want to change the name then each and every father who has lived in San Diego now or at any time should be consulted if they want the name change and if <gasp> they require counseling because the team is called the Padres.

6 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

He needs to mature fast. Don't count on it though.

The only reason why the Phillies ended up in second place is that they are in the worst division in baseball.

Go home Ohtani. Same for you fat Vlad. You act like Tatis but it is easy to tell you both apart since you have 150 pounds on him.

Baseball talk. How's that?

All I see is someone continuing pissing on players on the league for hollow, vapid reasons.   No one cares. 

"There's more of a chance to see a Republican in Massachusetts than there is an alligator....."

Maybe that's their problem.

1 hour ago, Gordo said:

"There's more of a chance to see a Republican in Massachusetts than there is an alligator....."

Maybe that's their problem.

"Their" problem?  I guess that makes me one of "them", but I'll leave it at that, since we're getting off the main purpose of this thread.

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

"Their" problem?  I guess that makes me one of "them", but I'll leave it at that, since we're getting off the main purpose of this thread.

Hey....I didn't bring in the political reference ..... but since it was sittin' there........

4 hours ago, Gordo said:

All I see is someone continuing pissing on players on the league for hollow, vapid reasons.   No one cares. 

No, YOU don't care. And that does not bother me at all because I just consider the source.

I used that Republican analogy because it's true. Massachusetts is a democratic state and they've always been. I didn't use that example as a poke at you for any reason because you're not worth my time as I have better things to do.

3 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Jim that was no dig at the people of Massachusetts. I know I may sound at times like I can not stand the entire state but in truth it is only the Red Sox fans at Fenway Park. I recall the last time in the early 90's when I was there on a bus excursion that I wore my Yankee hat to restaurants and around town after the game and not one person bothered me.

And by the way you should be proud you are one of "them."

2 hours ago, Gordo said:

Hey....I didn't bring in the political reference ..... but since it was sittin' there........

Of course. You could not resist. That's because that's how you are.

Don't respond in here unless it has to do with baseball and the subject of baseball. This little back-and-forth is done right now. :facepalm:

What I don't get is why these major sports sites can't simply put out a complete roster even on the day of the playoff game and only seem to know the starting line up?  But we can get all kinds of fluff stories, like what they had for breakfast, etc.

I think in the true spirit of what an MVP is ... THE most valuable player to his team during the regular season, you've gotta give it to Ohtani.  Only guy with a lower WHIP as a pitcher was the closer.  His bat speaks for itself this year.  Consummate teammate.  How can you not?

bat.thumb.JPG.b0cf606f1183fd771325e81af5261d03.JPG

Hey folks, gather around. Real baseball talk here.

Surprising no one the Padres fired manager Jayce Tingler. A team that was expected to compete for the N.L. West title ended up four games under .500 in 2021 but at least their shortstop lead the league in poses and pointing up to the sky which should amount to something.

The Yankees face tough decisions in the off season. In other words, who to blame and who goes?

As usual Boston knows how to rub it in.

How does Tampa keep doing it? Here's a hint. They watch what the Yankees do and then do the opposite..

12 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

As usual Boston knows how to rub it in.

How exactly is that rubbing it in?  It’s a story in a Boston newspaper reporting on the Red Sox win the night before. I read it twice and I couldn’t find anything that you consider “rubbing it in.”  Everything reported in the article was true. 

Contrast that article with this playful one In the New York Post on Tuesday morning, with the title “Boston sucks — and these are all the reasons why“:

https://nypost.com/2021/10/04/why-boston-sucks-forget-it-losers-its-beantown/amp/

11 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

1Hey folks, gather around. Real baseball talk here.

2Surprising no one the Padres fired manager Jayce Tingler. A team that was expected to compete for the N.L. West title ended up four games under .500 in 2021 but at least their shortstop lead the league in poses and pointing up to the sky which should amount to something.

3The Yankees face tough decisions in the off season. In other words, who to blame and who goes?

4As usual Boston knows how to rub it in.

5How does Tampa keep doing it? Here's a hint. They watch what the Yankees do and then do the opposite..

1If you say so.

2Really got a hard on for this Tatis guy, eh?  The new Bryce Harper.

3A Yankees reference.  What a shock.

4Imagine that.  I team's home town newspaper making a positive reference about a win. https://nypost.com/2021/10/03/gerrit-cole-as-al-wild-card-starter-puts-yankees-at-ease/ 

5Yes.  It's always about the Yankees or references to the Yankees or associations with the Yankees or Yankees analogies or ........

On 10/7/2021 at 8:23 AM, Jim825 said:

How exactly is that rubbing it in?  It’s a story in a Boston newspaper reporting on the Red Sox win the night before. I read it twice and I couldn’t find anything that you consider “rubbing it in.”  Everything reported in the article was true. 

Well I think I made a link to the wrong article. My fault entirely. I did write it past midnight so that's the only excuse I have.  Also it is not worth it for me to look for the correct one right now because it's over and done with.

On 10/7/2021 at 8:23 AM, Jim825 said:

Contrast that article with this playful one In the New York Post on Tuesday morning, with the title “Boston sucks — and these are all the reasons why“:

https://nypost.com/2021/10/04/why-boston-sucks-forget-it-losers-its-beantown/amp/

Yes it was a playful one and it also had zero to do with the game and more to do with the city. Those are the kind of articles that when you read them they make you laugh a little but then you quickly forget about them.

Sorry I responded so late. My internet was down.

23 hours ago, Gordo said:

2 Really got a hard on for this Tatis guy, eh?  The new Bryce Harper.

No I don't. And the only one with a hard on around here is you with anything I post about. You'll do anything to get under my skin because that's the kind of person you are.

Tatis is not the new Bryce Harper because I actually want him to succeed. I want Harper to fail and fail miserably. I want Philadelphia to never experience a winner as long as he is on the team and I will never root for him. If you take that personally, that's wonderful. It wasn't meant that way but go ahead make it all about yourself. I say something about Harper and you take it personal.

I want to see the Padres win out in the NL West and for Tatis to do well. But I won't turn a blind eye and not notice that he is a hot dog and a showoff who seems to think he is bigger than the game.

Still got that hard on? Good.

23 hours ago, Gordo said:

3 A Yankees reference.  What a shock.

I think I am allowed to talk about baseball without running what I want to type past you. What would be a shock is if you mind your own business and stop trying to bait me. I can only ask this as nice as possible. I don't need or want this back-and-forth with you. You don't seem to mind it but I do.

Do NOT reply in here. This is done.

.................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

I reluctantly have to admire Tampa and am hoping they can win two more games in a hurry.

zkjish1hkgz08vrhqln5.thumb.jpg.3b91811f035e084e35e2d214cf908c55.jpg

Game one hero.

ot4xjny4vbflgizidlku.thumb.jpg.b8f6d6deaa1469c143bb6f2bc00f2999.jpg

A steal of home!!

Kevin Cash batted .183 in the majors.  No wonder he had no idea about batting average and not walking the hottest hitting player in the playoffs with less than 2 outs and 1st base open.  Essentially his contract provides him $6,024 per game, which is about $670 per inning.  I would've taken the $670 for the Rays to call me so I could tell them to walk Hernandez at that point and tell Cash to sit that one out.

Well…,A big PHEW!! from me and we’re headed back to San Francisco. 
I’ve gotta wonder though, where were these batting performances last night lol

I would’ve been happy with winning 5-2 tonight and using the first 2 of tonight’s runs for last nights game, Scherzer deserved better than that 

But no use dwelling on the coulda-woulda-shoulda, we’ve gotta the job done, but geez, what a great series 

• 2 weeks later...