MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

2 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Orioles first baseman Chris Davis announced his retirement from baseball. Baltimore released a statement thanking Davis and showering praise on him but privately they must be popping over the champagne.

I don’t know about that. They still have to pay him through the end of the 2022 season. 

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Woke up this morning and checked the score that Britton gives up a walk off 2 run HR!!  Where was Losiagna to close?  Not Britton.  Way to go BOONE!!  You $uck as a manager using your BP.

You got a point. Britton has been struggling so bad that he is making Chapman look good. 🙂

Look at this crap from MLB.com:

Luis Severino (right groin strain) "didn't feel right" and was held out of his scheduled rehab start with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Friday as a precaution.

This worthless piece of **** doesn't want to play baseball. He just wants to be paid.

@Yankee4Life  Luis Severino (right groin strain) "didn't feel right" and was held out of his scheduled rehab start with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Friday as a precaution.

just saw this.  so much for wishful thinking he'll be back this year.  Guess not..

Just now, Ritchie said:

@Yankee4Life  Luis Severino (right groin strain) "didn't feel right" and was held out of his scheduled rehab start with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on Friday as a precaution.

just saw this.  so much for wishful thinking he'll be back this year.  Guess not..

I never once thought this guy would be back this year. He's a gutless quitter. And at the same time I would love to be proven wrong. But it seems that he is in no hurry at all to get back to the Bronx. Each time he gets close he comes up with something new to keep him out. And yes in case anyone is wondering I will come right out and say it. I think this guy is faking it.  Same for Frazier. He gets dizzy easier than a kid on a Tilt-a-Whirl.

A no-hitter was pitched by a rookie making his first major league start and not a word was said in here about it. This is the best baseball forum around but sometimes I wonder. This is not a private thread to complain about the many faults of the Yankees or to cheer them on when they win a game or two. It’s about all of baseball and not just them and a few tidbits about the Phils.:sad:

Moving on. Hot dog Fernando Tatis Jr. was activated today and inserted into the lineup in right field.

@Yankee4Life A no-hitter was pitched by a rookie making his first major league start and not a word was said in here about it. This is the best baseball forum around but sometimes I wonder. This is not a private thread to complain about the many faults of the Yankees or to cheer them on when they win a game or two. It’s about all of baseball and not just them and a few tidbits about the Phils.

I wasn't home all day and then I saw that when I accessed the scoreboard when I got home.  was going to post but U beat me to it.  awesome for the young man.  real nice job!!

3 hours ago, Ritchie said:

what can't the Yankees have a player off the IL and hit like Tatis has done this weekend??

Naaah, forget that. They have so many chances to do that with all those players going on and off the disabled list that sometime something like that may happen but it never does.

Tatiis went 4 for 5 with a single, a double and two home runs, drove in four runs and scored three. That would take Clint Frazier a month to do when he finally gets off the list. That's if he ever does.

In some non-Yankee news or how it could possibly be related to the Yankees, the Padres signed Jake Arrieta, somehow having him fool another team he will return to his prime form.  Whoever ends up in 2nd place in the NL East is certainly glad about this move for Wild Card implications.

17 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

Why can't the Yankees have a player like Tatis, period?

But that's a generic wish for any sport .... "why can't (insert favorite team here) have a player like (insert name of favorite superstar from another team here)?"

18 hours ago, Gordo said:

In some non-Yankee news or how it could possibly be related to the Yankees, the Padres signed Jake Arrieta, somehow having him fool another team he will return to his prime form.  Whoever ends up in 2nd place in the NL East is certainly glad about this move for Wild Card implications.

In a roundabout way it is Yankee news because if the Padres would not have signed him and another jackass on the pitching staff caught covid then maybe Cashman would have signed Arrieta and when the season was done he'd of given him a five year contract for God knows whatever reason.

3 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Why can't the Yankees have a player like Tatis, period?

Maybe Jason Dominguez? Oh forget it. They'll find a way to ruin him too.