MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaron Nola is starting to turn into Jake Arrieta if he doesn't adjust fast.  And I'm not sure why the Phils' reliever De Los Santos is ever allowed on a major league mound.

This ump behind the plate is too inconsistent both ways tonight.

@stealth2920no, I wasn't a ghost when they won 4 in a row.  I didn't post because it meant nothing.  Big deal they won 4 in a row. They should have won those games.  They are still 8 games out of the division which they'll never win. I said it back in April this team is pathetic and they  still are.  I have been a Yankees fan since a kid in the early sixties and always will be but just expressing what I think of this year's team.

4 hours ago, Ritchie said:

@stealth2920no, I wasn't a ghost when they won 4 in a row.  I didn't post because it meant nothing.  Big deal they won 4 in a row. They should have won those games.  They are still 8 games out of the division which they'll never win. I said it back in April this team is pathetic and they  still are.  I have been a Yankees fan since a kid in the early sixties and always will be but just expressing what I think of this year's team.

I didn’t post anything either because I don’t care anymore. This team has pushed me too far with the way they seem not to give a damn how they play. Oh they talk a good game I’ll give you that but that is as far as they go. They have no backbone whatsoever, they have a glass jaw and they quit before the game has started.

This team is pathetic and here we are nearing the end of July and the same thing said about them in April can be said right now on July 23rd. Back in April you could have called a fluke or a slump but now in July you can call it a pattern or a habit. In other words they are a terrible team full of millionaires and so-called superstars who should by any reason be playing better but for some reason they don’t. All they seem to do well together is get hurt.

Don’t bother posting good or bad opinions in here because it does no good.  Wait, forget that. What am I saying? If you have something good or bad to post about these worthless pinstriped son of a %^#@*& ballplayers then do it. If the Phillies can be whined about practically every day then you should be allowed to yell at them too and with the way they choked last night I think you really restrained yourself. I was going to post something this morning about the loss but I said why bother?

I’m sorry that this year is not a good one for the team but I kind of knew this was going to happen after watching them go hot and cold during the short 2020 season. When they were hot they were red hot and when they weren’t they did nothing right and all they did was continue that kind of play into this year.

The hell with them. I’m just so disappointed.

11 hours ago, Gordo said:

Bryce "Threat To Steal" Harper, steals 3rd, 2nd and Home tonight.   He means business.

I thought you stole 2nd and THEN 3rd and Home. 

Is this another of those NL vs AL differences?  MLB really needs to make things consistent between both leagues . . . :lol:

37 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Is this another of those NL vs AL differences?  MLB really needs to make things consistent between both leagues . . . :lol:

Maybe Harper stole third and then on other at-bats stole more bases? I don't know because I didn't watch this game.

3 hours ago, Jim825 said:

"I was playing in my Little League game and stole 3rd base directly from 1st.  Earlier that day in school I learned the shortest distance between 2 points was a straight line."  --- Steven Wright

Harper is leading the Phils in OBP and OPS as he should.  Like I sez .... all business and all effort.

1 hour ago, stealth2920 said:

Thank you Alex Verdugo for getting a hit in the 8th inning to break up the Yankees no-hitter.

25 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Really? I thought that you were a Ranger fan. I was congratulating one of them. But go ahead and be like that.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.9963ff023403359aa46e9429e34ac66b.jpg

"He can't do that to our pledges!"

"Only we can do that to our pledges!"

"It's a tough one we have to get passed" said Boone.  Same excuse over and over again. Saw the box score and couldn't believe (no wait), did believe the Yanks blew this game. This series has to prove Cashman needs to sell this week.

14 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Yankees trade for Pirates reliever Clay Holmes 4.93 ERA and this is going to help the pitching staff????

WHO THE HELL IS THIS GUY??? DAMN IT ALL.

I never heard of him. He's having a horse**** year so of course Cashman grabs him. The Pirates said sure, just give us two of your prospects. Cashman yes, why not? And now we get another useless piece of crap.