Top Posters In This Topic

Bryce hit.

Bryce run.

Bryce hit home run.

Bryce happy.

Bryce team lose.

Bryce still happy.

PHNDBQC5JJHFBFFGBF2C4J4R4U.thumb.jpg.aa641146a821c673b2d58dc10be50f49.jpg

Phillies Bryce Harper celebrates his inside-the-park homer against the Nationals during the fifth inning at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia, Tuesday, July 27, 2021.

Truthfully he did a good job. If it were a Yankee trying for the inside-the-parker they'd have tripped rounding third base. :sad:

And now presenting a new feature called Intelligent Quotes by Aaron Boone.

TECQ77M4INCVFAE2AN5LSDCOLU.thumb.jpg.46ba6f631e7b855a527be61863a54cca.jpg

“We understand we’re at the point of the season where we’re a little behind the eight-ball. It’s all about winning.”

Intelligent and insightful. It fills you with confidence that he is the manager of your favorite baseball team.

Ok, I can't figure this one out. The Yankees sent left-hander Justin Wilson and right-hander Luis Cessa to the Reds in exchange for a player to be named later.

Why Cessa? He's been doing well. His ERA is 2.82 so obviously that's too good for a Yankee so he had to go. Wilson has a 7.50 ERA so I am kind of shocked here why the Yankees didn't hold on to quality talent like this.

It’s a salary dump to free up money to move them further under the luxury tax threshold. 

Didn’t you and Yankee4Life say that the Yankees should sell off players when you gave up on them?  :unknw:

They are just doing what you asked for. 

@Jim825 yes, I did but they just made BP worse.  And salary dump?? Not much money being dumped with those 2.  Dump $tanton'$ sorry a$$. saw boxscore 3 Ks in 3 AB for a cleanup hitter. What does his cleanup?? The men's washroom??  So the Yankees eat money on his contract

@stealth2920. They have to leapfrog 3 teams to play a one and done game.

Edited by Ritchie

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

It’s a salary dump to free up money to move them further under the luxury tax threshold. 

Didn’t you and Yankee4Life say that the Yankees should sell off players when you gave up on them?  :unknw:

They are just doing what you asked for. 

Well yes you are right but they're dumping the wrong salarys. Cessa was having a good year. I am all for getting rid of crap like Stanton and even Judge. You got to start there.

A few things that went through my mind after I heard that the Yankees lost by a 14 - 0 score yesterday.

1. When do they enjoy a laugher like that? It always seems that they lose a lot of games by these blowout scores but not the other way around. A blowout for them is when they win 6 to 2.

2. Gerritt Cole never had a game like he had yesterday when he was in Houston. He saved all of that when he got to New York and got paid.

3. With all the trades they made they could not get rid of s*** for brains Stanton. Then again no surprise, right? Who in their right mind would want him?

4. I don’t think Anthony Rizzo would have been a Yankee had Luke Voit had not been hurt all the time. I mean all the time. He really copied Judge and Stanton very well.

5. With the acquisition of Joey Gallo does this mean Gardner’s days are numbered when Frazier finally returns? I hope so.

9 hours ago, stealth2920 said:

Rays score two touchdowns against Yankees 14-0

After the game Boone said that if they could have got a few hits in the late innings at the right time they would have only lost by twelve runs instead of fourteen.

The Blue Jays officially have made their big splash, acquiring right-hander José Berríos from the Twins in exchange for No. 2 prospect Austin Martin and No. 4 prospect Simeon Woods Richardson.

Well who gives a %$#@?

EDIT: Now rumor has it the Yankees want to trade Luke Voit for pitching. Don't count on it. Who the hell wants someone who is always injured?