MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please help me understand why a team would go after a solid righty closer from another team at the trade deadline only to have him watch from the bullpen a barely reliable lefty reliever pitcher to his 4th batter of the inning (after surrendering a double), a righty, who only needed to make some decent contact to get the man from 3rd home to win the game in the bottom of the 9th.  

Or maybe should I ask why was Joe Girardi watching this.

They won last night. Not bad. The pitching was good and it has been aside from losing to Tampa by two touchdowns. Some things that stuck out during the 4 - 2 win.

1. Domingo German has been doing a pretty good job lately.

2. Judge (0 for 5, 2 strikeouts, 2 left on base) continues to be a worthless piece of sh**.

3. Stanton is the same but when this guy actually gets a hold of one like he did last night it is impressive.

4. What the *&%^ is up with Gleyber Torres?

5. *&#$ you Luke Voit. If you would stop getting hurt Anthony Rizzo would not have been a Yankee.

6. Where have you gone Clint Frazier? You’ve played yourself right off the team. Lazy SOB.

7. Gary Sanchez left FIVE runners on base last night. There is no defense that anyone can make that will disguise how bad a player he is.

8. 3 for 12 with runners in scoring position and 10 left on base. Had they been playing a decent team they would have lost.

9. First it was the “spin” of the ball that caused the Yankee hitters not to hit well. Now what’s their excuse?

10. Aaron Boone seems over matched even before the game begins.

2 hours ago, stealth2920 said:

You are wasting your time arguing with haters.  They want the Yankees to lose so they can continue to whine and complain about their every move.  Pathetic and same boring garbage.  Fans my A$%.

O man... you're gonna get it now.

2 hours ago, stealth2920 said:

You are wasting your time arguing with haters.  They want the Yankees to lose so they can continue to whine and complain about their every move.  Pathetic and same boring garbage.  Fans my A$%.

I don’t know if you are talking to me or not but I’d hope not. I don’t consider myself a hater but I don’t mind admitting to everyone that I hate what that team is doing this year, or not doing. It depends on how you look at it.

I never want them to lose at any time but I’ve never been happy watching them lose. They ended up in dead last in 1990 and that was easier to take because you knew that team was over matched. These guys on this team are different but the losses, while still not on a 1990 pace, are just as bad. Maybe worse because this 2021 team had a lot more expectations and they certainly have enough weapons. That’s why I complain about them and when and if they start to win I will be sure to take notice of it and post about that. It’s only fair. I gripe when they lose and I should be big enough to give them credit when they go on a run.

31 minutes ago, Gordo said:

O man... you're gonna get it now.

Stop trying to stir something up.

Once again, De Los Santos is allowed on a major league mound and once again he decides to make the game interesting.  Alvarado decided to join in and do that too.  Phils offense had to basically save the bullpen as Kennedy was not sharp either.  And this is against a AAA.2 Nats team.  Maybe putting on the Phillies unis as a closer somehow zaps your power/skills or something.

1 hour ago, Ritchie said:

Luis Gill pitches spectacular game for Yankees and gets rewarded by being sent back down to SWB after the game.  Heaney BOMBS his first game as a Yankee and still in the rotation. 

I don't get that. The guy's got a hell of an arm, can throw hard and did what was needed. But Heaney does deserve another shot. We need everyone at this point.

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

I don't get that. The guy's got a hell of an arm, can throw hard and did what was needed. But Heaney does deserve another shot. We need everyone at this point.

Since Luis Gil was called up as a COVID replacement, they can call him back up at anytime. They don’t need to wait the 10 days like they would with a regular call up.

He’ll hang around like Wade did when he was “sent down”.