MLB Gameday Thread

Kccitystar

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ritchie said:

R.I.P J. R. Richard, passed away at age 71

What a dominant pitcher he was. I remember that I was always so happy that he was in the other league so he wouldn't have to go up against the Yankees. He was that good.

6 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Sanchez positive for Covid

For his own sake Sanchez should sit out the rest of this year and the next two seasons just to be sure he doesn't catch this again.

Everybody gets hot at one time. Look at Brett Gardner. Last night was the first time he did something right all season.

But Harper's been hot and it's hard to say anything bad about him right now. Hitting his career 250th home run the other day an another one last night to beat the sinking Mets. Six straight wins. Girardi must be proud. Now how is Girardi going to screw this up?

Padres in a little slump right now at the wrong time. But is there a right time to have one?

What happens when you put up a big inning against the Red Sox? They start a fight.

Andrew Heaney pitching today for the pinstripers. Let's hope he does better.

Wait for it...wait for it...another day has come and another Yankee injury: The Yankees have placed closer Aroldis Chapman on the 10-day injured list with left elbow inflammation.

And not that you want it to happen to anybody but it finally happened to Boston. They put  J.D. Martinez on the COVID-19-related injured list Saturday.

I know the Mets got excited about the back to back to back HR's in the 9th last night.  But, let's be real.  They did this against mainly a A/AA pitcher who has 4 total innings in the majors this year, who was trying to salvage a game w/o having to bring the closer in.

Man, that Mets broadcast team is STILL the best I've heard to date!

From the All-Star break on, alone, the Yankees have lost fifteen players either to the IL or the COVID list, and the hits keep coming. Monday they put shortstop Gleyber Torres — who’d finally begun to swing a hot bat — on the injured list with a sprained thumb.

Today’s a new day. Who’s next?

Last night’s 8 - 6 win was impressive.

Man that sucked.   Nola was pitching with Scherzer if not bettering him.  Then the rains came too early.  Matt Moore takes the mound and that's all she wrote.  I'm sure there's a Japanese team that would welcome a Matt Moore back.

And how do these Dodgers keep finding pitching in their farm club?

13 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Man that sucked.   Nola was pitching with Scherzer if not bettering him.  Then the rains came too early.  Matt Moore takes the mound and that's all she wrote.  I'm sure there's a Japanese team that would welcome a Matt Moore back.

And how do these Dodgers keep finding pitching in their farm club?

I'm telling you dude the entire organization is a death star. They have great scouts, a great farm system, great ownership that has an good eye for evaluating players in the league, etc.

3 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

I'm telling you dude the entire organization is a death star. They have great scouts, a great farm system, great ownership that has an good eye for evaluating players in the league, etc.

Then you Yankees fans are gonna be relieved that they will soon take over the title of "Evil Empire"! 😆

Guess what? You won't believe it. Or maybe you will. It's another day and today the Yankees put right-hander Clay Holmes on the the COVID IL.

Something's going on. I don't know what. Every day someone new gets this? What the hell?

5 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Unlike the Yankees who just buy players.