What team do you play as?

BallFour

Hey everyone! I'm still going all out for my MVP '98 mod, but it got me curious as to which teams are actually represented here. I know we've got active fans of the Yankees, Phillies, and Astros. So I'm just curious - for those that still play MVP05, who do you play as?

When I do play offline, I typically play shortened games mainly to test.   Honestly, I play more online with my brother than anything else.  And we try to make up all kinds of tournament combinations, so pretty much anyone and everyone.  We also use the classic pitching with minimal graphics on the screen (no throw meter, no names, etc.), but we do use the fielding aid circle and tracer line (sometimes in fielding their can be online lag, so it helps determining where the ball will go).   Since online defaults to Pro level, we found we had to dumb down the pitching control to -67% of the actual in order to get realistic run production.  We've had all kinds of realistic mixed results from 1-0 shutouts to blowouts.

Attached a few examples of our most recent series (ARI-SFG).  Greinke was as advertised in game 1.  Game 2 featured a bottom of the 9th comeback.  No HRs in either game, but we get 'em, that's for sure.

SF ARI gm 1.htm SF ARI gm 2.htm

3 hours ago, Jim825 said:

I play as many different teams:

1934 Yankees

1939 Yankees

1941 Yankees

1956 Yankees

1974 Yankees

1975 Yankees

1976 Yankees

1977 Yankees

1978 Yankees

^_^

You know something Jim? That's exactly what I do. With every season mod that is out there I use the Yankees 99.9% of the time. Every so often I will use two different teams like when I am reviewing a new season mod that one of you guys has made but most the time I use the Yankees. No surprise here!

40 minutes ago, Gordo said:

Honestly, I play more online with my brother than anything else.

I miss playing online games. MarkbtheYankee and I used to play a lot of them. He lived in Scotland but we never had a problem playing online.

• 5 months later...
On 7/10/2019 at 4:38 AM, BallFour said:

Hey everyone! I'm still going all out for my MVP '98 mod, but it got me curious as to which teams are actually represented here. I know we've got active fans of the Yankees, Phillies, and Astros. So I'm just curious - for those that still play MVP05, who do you play as?

Yes.

I play as *every* team.

Always -- even when I struggle, even when it's not fun, even when I have to find positives in my farm team and struggle to get three outs with any part of the bullpen, even when you know the four game series is going to be a pounding -- always the Blue Jays.
(...and the Cubs. Ryne Sandberg caused that)

Archived