MLB2K12 2020 Roster Thread

headtrip47

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, headtrip47 said:

I started making a new MLB 2020 Roster Using the default Roster.. it will take time.. right niw almost finished with the LA Angels Organization... screenshots to follow.....

That's good news my friend.... Thanks....

Im Finished with the Updated Ratings for all the Players.... Ratings as of the end of 2019 MLB Season, you will some Players like Albert Pujols Ratings is 86 drops to 75 based on his performance this 2019 season... also i updated the Team Staff.... 

Will update also player stats, team stats, also eliminate some old players in free agents with higher ratings...

@Kccitystar  @headtrip47  

Friends, I would very much like you to give importance to this, which @mayoluck said in his project. I think it's a very necessary thing to do on the roster. to prevent the game from automatically placing minor league players above the starter player in MLB.

Lowered ratings according to their age.

(Example: 30y-27y=AAA70-65, 26y-24y=AA60-55, 23y-18y=A50-45)

▪Adjusting overalls makes sure teams dont fill their affiliates with older high rated players. I've sim'd and only when injury or the player breaks that overall threshold will he be moved up or down in most cases others its performance. Helps keep teams from making stupid choices.

MiLB Overalls Adj.

▪AAA max overalls 70-65

▪AA max overalls 60-55

▪A max overalls 50-45

This setting keeps players in the developmental league they should be in, instead of 85s in A and 50s in AAA. This allows players to grow agaisnt the right competition.

2 hours ago, Bostonnico said:

@Kccitystar  @headtrip47  

Friends, I would very much like you to give importance to this, which @mayoluck said in his project. I think it's a very necessary thing to do on the roster. to prevent the game from automatically placing minor league players above the starter player in MLB.

Lowered ratings according to their age.

(Example: 30y-27y=AAA70-65, 26y-24y=AA60-55, 23y-18y=A50-45)

▪Adjusting overalls makes sure teams dont fill their affiliates with older high rated players. I've sim'd and only when injury or the player breaks that overall threshold will he be moved up or down in most cases others its performance. Helps keep teams from making stupid choices.

MiLB Overalls Adj.

▪AAA max overalls 70-65

▪AA max overalls 60-55

▪A max overalls 50-45

This setting keeps players in the developmental league they should be in, instead of 85s in A and 50s in AAA. This allows players to grow agaisnt the right competition.

Thats what im doing right now.... i already adjust the ratings for MLB, AAA, AA and single A... also Old free agents with High Ratings.... this will take time for me cause im doing it on my free time....maybe my roster is ready by february or before start of the season...hope anybody can help the schedule....

I have the schedules 80% completed (I updated my thread with more info) and should be done with a 100% working schedule by January/February.

only thing that’s holding me up is the start times for teams that hasn’t been posted yet on their site for the 2020 schedule.

as far as reassigning IDs to players, I think I can come up with a base roster first (working with excel I’m able to move things around extremely quickly) and then stats/data/attributes can be added on top of that, so it’s easier for me to push that out as soon as possible ;)

stay tuned, I should have something for you to work with by the weekend :)

36 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

I have the schedules 80% completed (I updated my thread with more info) and should be done with a 100% working schedule by January/February.

only thing that’s holding me up is the start times for teams that hasn’t been posted yet on their site for the 2020 schedule.

as far as reassigning IDs to players, I think I can come up with a base roster first (working with excel I’m able to move things around extremely quickly) and then stats/data/attributes can be added on top of that, so it’s easier for me to push that out as soon as possible ;)

stay tuned, I should have something for you to work with by the weekend :)

I already finished the ratings based on the performance of 2019 season.. also just finished with Angels and Astros MLB and AAA team.... still a long way to go...

21 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

Fantastic

An update:

On my end, new global IDs/appearance and headshape IDs have been assigned to all new players that were not assigned one after the last official MLB2K12 roster. These IDs have been generated while preserving the IDs used by 2K for Create-A-Team and Create-A-Player modes.

This is a MAJOR, MAJOR win for a base roster.

The only thing to my knowledge that would need to be changed is that appearances will need to be modified all over again (which can be done safely in-game, rather than via REDitor to avoid unintended behaviors) and through REDitor, statistical references will also need to be manually inserted again, since the appearance IDs have been changed.

So everyone's appearance will be starting from 0. This is a good thing, as we can customize everything completely to how we want.

Fun times ahead. We've got a few months before opening day, so we're good :)

An Update:

All of the minor league teams have been realigned in A-Z order by team name, and all of the active players have been properly assigned to the right team IDs. 

Good news: This means when scrolling through all of the minor league clubs, the names of the ball clubs are now organized in A-Z order for the 2020 season.

Bad news: Team lineups are based on appearance IDs, and all of them have been renumbered so nobody is on any accurate team at the moment.

To Do:

- Stats/Attributes for teams and players

- Managers and appearance IDs for managers including attributes

- More player first/last names (so when the game randomly generates players, names aren't recycled)

@headtrip47 I've pinned and edited the thread for you as this is an ongoing community project for us and others who are willing to participate and test when things are available ;)

On a side yet important to note, I believe I've figured out how to change the accessories in the global. As in shoes, bats and gloves. I can only take the top 5 cleats, batting gloves, 2 Fielding gloves and a catcher's mitt. What do you guys suggest? Remember, no custom equipment since they all have to be spread out via each team with Trout's or Harper's shoes.

10 hours ago, picklebrad said:

On a side yet important to note, I believe I've figured out how to change the accessories in the global. As in shoes, bats and gloves. I can only take the top 5 cleats, batting gloves, 2 Fielding gloves and a catcher's mitt. What do you guys suggest? Remember, no custom equipment since they all have to be spread out via each team with Trout's or Harper's shoes.

Awesome. It makes sense to keep the aesthetic/design, but remove the branding though. The branding gets mirrored on lefty hitters, I think. 

I have arranged 2019 Players stats according to REDitorII's sequence.

If anyone want it,just take.

Here are Some rules on this stats.

If a pitcher's inning has a decimal,0.2 will be 1,0.1 wille be 0.

If a player was transferred to other teams in 2019,his stat will be in the last team's list,and the stat is season's total.

19stats.7z

So an update on the roster:

I'm in the process of combining appearance data and player data on one complete sheet, this way, I'll have all of the accessories and changes remain intact if I move guys around or rename appearance IDs. I ran into an issue though. Whoever edited the original roster or used an older roster as a base completely messed up the appearance IDs, so some players have duplicate appearance IDs rather than a unique one. This has proven to be insanely frustrating when trying to sort the order out and assign the right equipment accessories and animation changes.

My theory is that when a player was cloned, say to make the All-Star teams, for example, the only thing that should have changed was the appearance ID, and whoever edited this roster probably cloned players to compile an All-Star team at some point but forgot to assign the next available appearance ID so this messed up everything as those changes were piled upon other changes over the years.

I'm hoping I only have to do this just one time to create this base roster, and I won't have to do it again any time soon.

What I've done so far is just cleared out all of the headshape and cyberface values for all active players, then retroactively adding every player that has an actual cyberface from the stock version of the game and filtering it out from there. I don't mind just assigning everyone who doesn't have a cyberface from the default ones shipped in the game just a generic headshape that can be altered in-game. I figure that method is arguably fastest for those who just want a roster to download and play and is the most universally compatible since all of the changes are within the game itself.

If I can do this, then it's possible that we can create a roster for the XBOX 360 version of the game as well that works with no crashes.

The major good news so far is that everyone's gear/accessories/animations will remain intact and set up as expected ;)

On 12/23/2019 at 10:31 AM, dixun said:

If a player was transferred to other teams in 2019,his stat will be in the last team's list,and the stat is season's total.

19stats.7z 347.06 kB · 17 downloads

This is big help bro.. thanks for sharing.....

On 12/23/2019 at 12:01 PM, dixun said:

19stats.7z 347.06 kB · 19 downloads

it's an error on BAL's stats.The stats's batters part has two AB and two H.

The second AB is ABWP,and the second H is HWP.

The following file is correct verson,just replace.

If you have used it on your roster,please check.

Sorry.

19BAL.xlsx

2 hours ago, headtrip47 said:

Roster Updates....

Already Finished 16 teams, both MLB and Triple AAA....  hope i can finished soon... 

Thank you very much bro, for the time and effort you are making, to improve the 2k20 roster. Greetings 👍👍😀😀

Archived