MLB2K12 2020 Roster Thread

headtrip47

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From what I've been testing, the Default roster shipped with 2K12, and the opening Day Roster and end of season roster for 2K12 starts your franchise mode to February 26, 2012, which is the first day of 2012 Spring Training. For some reason some rosters I test jump straight to opening day 2012 (April 4-5 2012).

I'm still trying to figure out what's wrong but this is a unique development.

Hey y'all. Know i'm late to the party but was off the game for a while caught up with college stuff. I'm sure there's more help needed for this roster to come together, so if y'all need anything let me know. Amazing work with what's done so far I'm really excited to have a new base-conversion type roster to play off 😁😁. I know there's issues with the schedule right now I wish I could help on that end but I can't so much, but if you need portraits, front-end, animation/accessory updates for sure let me know. 

8 hours ago, TheWolfof2K said:

Hey y'all. Know i'm late to the party but was off the game for a while caught up with college stuff. I'm sure there's more help needed for this roster to come together, so if y'all need anything let me know. Amazing work with what's done so far I'm really excited to have a new base-conversion type roster to play off 😁😁. I know there's issues with the schedule right now I wish I could help on that end but I can't so much, but if you need portraits, front-end, animation/accessory updates for sure let me know. 

Welcome back brother! Would love to work with you on the frontend stuff at some point. I've got 2K20 longform and short branding set up already :)

For everyone participating in this, I'm ambitious as hell. As I consider this a 'baseline' roster, I'd like all of the custom stuff that would belong to an MLB2K20 roster project can be layered on top of this roster, like cyberface IDs, uniform slots/colorlists, rebranded teams, etc. but the core stuff (the schedule, player stats, team stats, appearance values) should remain intact.

A common complaint I've seen across projects on this site, especially with rosters among both MVP and MLB2K is the amount of dependencies involved, so I want us to try and eliminate that for an easy to use, easy to play roster that just works within the box (what originally shipped with the game). The idea I want the team involved working on this to understand is that again, this should be a roster that anyone who comes on to the site and asks in the shoutbox about updating the game to 2020 can just download it, pop it into their "Saves" folder and be up and running with all the recent player moves and accurate stats. 

Here's some key things I'm looking for with this baseline roster under the impression that I am Joe User, downloading this roster using a vanilla version of MLB 2K12:

Faces:

I would love to have this be a baseline roster with all generic faces for all players that did not ship with MLB2K12.  The game has a fairly large range of generic faces (caucasian, latino, african-american, asian) assigned to a bulk amount of guys in the minors to work with that I haven't fully listed out yet, but they exist in the 9000s if you look at the cyberfaces for player_head_9xxx.iff. 

This avoids scenarios where players are stuck with the 0 face. What's the 0 face? Arguably the most common face you will see in MLB2K12 when the CF_ID is marked as 0 in REDitor: The bald guy that looks like the umpire.

If there is a player that doesn't have a comparable generic face, we'll give him a headshape. Most important thing to me is that we avoid giving a player a 0 face.

What I'm not looking to change:

Team names. I'd like to retain key values from MLB2K12 in the event that the roster gets upconverted to MLB2K13 on XBOX.

Uniform slots/colorlists - maybe recolor things in a sense where it's not a dramatic change but maybe darker/toned down for a more realistic color shade from the stock 2012 game. 

What I'd like to achieve:

- Proper ID system, hopefully sorting out an ID system that preserves the stock player IDs but clears out all references and audio cues to inside edge and previous season data if possible. I've reached out to @jack805td in regards to this.

- Proper ambitions for all players. Every MiLB player that can be considered a rookie will get a baseline average of ambition (because players are moved all the time by the AI and user). Speaking of MiLB,  I'd like to also try to sort out the entire MiLB system with participation of everyone that follows MiLB teams.

- Proper body types for all players. While this can be edited to an extent in-game (doesn't seem like visually the changes are reflected though), and edited outside the game through REDitor, not everyone needs a body type of 5. Some dudes are just huge but ripped, others are slim/portly/stout players, etc.

There's more little things I've jotted down as well that I can't articulate yet lol

43 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

Bienvenido de nuevo hermano! Me encantaría trabajar contigo en la interfaz en algún momento. Tengo 2K20 longform y corta marca configurar ya : )

Para todos los que participan en esto, soy ambicioso como el infierno. Como considero que esta es una lista de 'línea de base', me gustaría que todas las cosas personalizadas que pertenecerían a un proyecto de lista MLB2K20 se puedan superponer  en la parte superior de esta lista , como identificaciones de ciberfaces, ranuras uniformes / listas de colores, equipos renombrados, etc. pero las cosas centrales (el calendario, las estadísticas de los jugadores, las estadísticas del equipo, los valores de apariencia) deben permanecer intactos.

Una queja común que he visto en todos los proyectos en este sitio, especialmente con las listas entre MVP y MLB2K es la cantidad de dependencias involucradas, por lo que quiero que intentemos eliminar eso para una lista fácil de usar y fácil de jugar que simplemente funcione dentro de la caja (lo que originalmente se envió con el juego). La idea que quiero que el equipo involucrado trabajando en esto entienda es que, nuevamente, esta debería ser una lista que cualquier persona que ingrese al sitio y pregunte en la caja de gritos acerca de actualizar el juego a 2020 puede simplemente descargarlo, ingresarlo en su " Guarda la carpeta "y ponte en marcha con todos los movimientos recientes del jugador y estadísticas precisas. 

Aquí hay algunas cosas clave que estoy buscando con esta lista de referencia bajo la impresión de que soy Joe User, descargando esta lista usando una versión estándar de MLB 2K12:

Caras:

Me encantaría que esta sea una lista de referencia con todas las  caras  genéricas para todos los jugadores que no se enviaron con MLB2K12. El juego tiene una gama bastante grande de caras genéricas (caucásicas, latinas, afroamericanas, asiáticas) asignadas a una gran cantidad de chicos en las menores para trabajar con las que aún no he enumerado completamente, pero existen en los años 9000 . Esto evita escenarios en los que los jugadores están atrapados con la cara 0.

¿Cuál es la cara 0? Podría decirse que la cara más común que verá en MLB2K12 cuando el CF_ID está marcado como 0 en REDitor: el tipo calvo que se parece al árbitro.

Si hay un jugador que no tiene una cara genérica comparable, le daremos una forma de cabeza. Lo más importante para mí es que evitamos darle a un jugador una cara 0.

Lo que no estoy buscando cambiar:

Nombres del equipo Me gustaría conservar los valores clave de MLB2K12 en caso de que la lista se convierta a MLB2K13 en XBOX.

Tragamonedas / listas de colores uniformes: tal vez vuelva a colorear las cosas en un sentido en el que no sea un cambio dramático, pero tal vez sea más oscuro / atenuado para un tono de color más realista del juego de 2012. 

Lo que me gustaría lograr:

- Sistema de identificación adecuado, con suerte, ordenando un sistema de identificación que conserve las identificaciones de los jugadores de valores, pero borre todas las referencias y señales de audio al borde interno y los datos de la temporada anterior si es posible. Me puse  en contacto con @ jack805td con respecto a esto.

- Ambiciones adecuadas para todos los jugadores. Cada jugador de MiLB que pueda considerarse un novato obtendrá un promedio de ambición de referencia (porque los jugadores se mueven todo el tiempo por la IA y el usuario). Hablando de MiLB, me gustaría tratar de resolver todo el sistema MiLB con la participación de todos los que siguen a los equipos de MiLB.

- Tipos de cuerpo adecuados para todos los jugadores. Si bien esto se puede editar hasta cierto punto a través de REDitor, no  todos  necesitan un tipo de cuerpo de 5.

Hay más pequeñas cosas que he anotado también que aún no puedo articular jajaja

Hello, I have been on the forum for a long time but I have never participated, I would like to help you with something (your pretenses are exciting) even if it is a minimum

Great layout of the plan behind the roster. I agree, I don't think since 2015 we have had one single link/download that would bring the base 2K12 experience up to 2K20. This two month delay also gives us more time than usual to work on things before they all shift. Just had a few questions on my end in regards to the help

4 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Faces:

I would love to have this be a baseline roster with all generic faces for all players that did not ship with MLB2K12.  The game has a fairly large range of generic faces (caucasian, latino, african-american, asian) assigned to a bulk amount of guys in the minors to work with that I haven't fully listed out yet, but they exist in the 9000s if you look at the cyberfaces for player_head_9xxx.iff. 

This avoids scenarios where players are stuck with the 0 face. What's the 0 face? Arguably the most common face you will see in MLB2K12 when the CF_ID is marked as 0 in REDitor: The bald guy that looks like the umpire.

If there is a player that doesn't have a comparable generic face, we'll give him a headshape. Most important thing to me is that we avoid giving a player a 0 face.

Do you have a Google Sheets or Online Excel where you're keeping track of all these generic player heads? From my understanding, any player who entered the league post the end of 2012 and not given a cyberface by 2K will be given a generic-match face instead. Not the 0000 white bald one, but a corresponding 9--- one. This may take quite some time but if we have the database of the IDs and resemblance's I would love to add more and assign what we have. Curious how this changed portrait IDs as well if at all and if I could begin work on those.

- Proper ambitions for all players. Every MiLB player that can be considered a rookie will get a baseline average of ambition (because players are moved all the time by the AI and user). Speaking of MiLB,  I'd like to also try to sort out the entire MiLB system with participation of everyone that follows MiLB teams.

Not sure what's meant here by ambition exactly, but I read the previous conversation had here about high OVRs in the minors and how it affects player movement in Franchise. I won't touch the OVRs as my rating reference are MLB only and I don't wanna fuck it up, but I can help with player movement, appearance, and etc in the MiLB

- Proper body types for all players. While this can be edited to an extent in-game (doesn't seem like visually the changes are reflected though), and edited outside the game through REDitor, not everyone needs a body type of 5. Some dudes are just huge but ripped, others are slim/portly/stout players, etc.

I can also help with more accurately defining sizes, as well as attributing new pitching/ batting animations in game. I would just need the reference .ROS you're already working on to expedite the process of searching through the current player's old teams. Also interested how y'all handled the IDs for rookies and new call-ups and stuff like that. But with an accurate body, animation, and 9000s cyberface, the experience should really liven up to 2020. Let me know if you need assistance with any other items, and feel free to message me where I can specifically contribute. Love the work. 

4 minutes ago, TheWolfof2K said:

Not sure what's meant here by ambition exactly, but I read the previous conversation had here about high OVRs in the minors and how it affects player movement in Franchise. I won't touch the OVRs as my rating reference are MLB only and I don't wanna fuck it up, but I can help with player movement, appearance, and etc in the MiLB.

Ambitions are something I covered in this thread, and you're definitely free to document your findings as well.

4 minutes ago, TheWolfof2K said:

I can also help with more accurately defining sizes, as well as attributing new pitching/ batting animations in game. I would just need the reference .ROS you're already working on to expedite the process of searching through the current player's old teams. Also interested how y'all handled the IDs for rookies and new call-ups and stuff like that. But with an accurate body, animation, and 9000s cyberface, the experience should really liven up to 2020. Let me know if you need assistance with any other items, and feel free to message me where I can specifically contribute. Love the work. 

With the 2020 schedule sorted out on my end (pending tab/slot alignments), now we're picking up steam.

Ideally from the start I would have loved to start from scratch together, but @headtrip47 gave me a base roster with accurate MLB roster movements and attribute changes as of spring training (not sure how the IDs were generated for post-MLB2K12 players), however all custom faces were reset to 0.

Additionally, @picklebrad had sorted out a significant amount of player gear/appearances. From what I gather, player movements can be a combined effort, appearances/likenesses can be a combined effort and I believe @jack805td has a cookbook (what I call his ratings generator) for coming up with ratings that can always be finetuned.

We also have a huge community that can test this out and it should be safe given the low/non existent level of dependencies.

25 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

Ambitions are something I covered in this thread, and you're definitely free to document your findings as well.

WOW, never got a chance to reach this thread great in-depth cover of Reditor. Alot to learn. 

25 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

We also have a huge community that can test this out and it should be safe given the low/non existent level of dependencies.

Absolutely. Happy this project has gotten in this deep. Looking forward to being one to test and help. 

13 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Proper body types for all players. While this can be edited to an extent in-game (doesn't seem like visually the changes are reflected though), and edited outside the game through REDitor, not everyone needs a body type of 5. Some dudes are just huge but ripped, others are slim/portly/stout players, etc.

This is where my ADD comes in, sad to see all the effort i put into my MiLB rosters nullified. But it was for a good cause and practice for this baseline.

Would be nice if we could assign better stadium defaults than what 2k did. (I can do this again no problem) I had it setup to where no league had duplicates stadiums. With the setup i made if you played with your AAA and AA team it never felt like it was the same few boring stadiums in your season bc a few are not even used that often. I even went to the point of assigning them based on best stadium backdrops for the city. Also threw in the two classics and two ST stadiums to help mix it up.

4 minutes ago, mayoluck said:

This is where my ADD comes in, sad to see all the effort i put into my MiLB rosters nullified. But it was for a good cause and practice for this baseline.

Your MiLB rosters will not go in vain! I'd love to migrate existing work into this project to give us a good base to work with. What's going to be a challenge is the ID system, appearances and stats if we go that route.

18 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Welcome back brother! Would love to work with you on the frontend stuff at some point. I've got 2K20 longform and short branding set up already :)

For everyone participating in this, I'm ambitious as hell. As I consider this a 'baseline' roster, I'd like all of the custom stuff that would belong to an MLB2K20 roster project can be layered on top of this roster, like cyberface IDs, uniform slots/colorlists, rebranded teams, etc. but the core stuff (the schedule, player stats, team stats, appearance values) should remain intact.

A common complaint I've seen across projects on this site, especially with rosters among both MVP and MLB2K is the amount of dependencies involved, so I want us to try and eliminate that for an easy to use, easy to play roster that just works within the box (what originally shipped with the game). The idea I want the team involved working on this to understand is that again, this should be a roster that anyone who comes on to the site and asks in the shoutbox about updating the game to 2020 can just download it, pop it into their "Saves" folder and be up and running with all the recent player moves and accurate stats. 

Here's some key things I'm looking for with this baseline roster under the impression that I am Joe User, downloading this roster using a vanilla version of MLB 2K12:

Faces:

What I'm not looking to change:

Team names. I'd like to retain key values from MLB2K12 in the event that the roster gets upconverted to MLB2K13 on XBOX.

Uniform slots/colorlists - maybe recolor things in a sense where it's not a dramatic change but maybe darker/toned down for a more realistic color shade from the stock 2012 game. 

- Proper ID system, hopefully sorting out an ID system that preserves the stock player IDs but clears out all references and audio cues to inside edge and previous season data if possible. I've reached out to @jack805td in regards to this.

There's more little things I've jotted down as well that I can't articulate yet lol

I can provide you the stock ranges....😀

14 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

With the 2020 schedule sorted out on my end (pending tab/slot alignments), now we're picking up steam.

Ideally from the start I would have loved to start from scratch together, but @headtrip47 gave me a base roster with accurate MLB roster movements and attribute changes as of spring training (not sure how the IDs were generated for post-MLB2K12 players), however all custom faces were reset to 0.

Additionally, @picklebrad had sorted out a significant amount of player gear/appearances. From what I gather, player movements can be a combined effort, appearances/likenesses can be a combined effort and I believe @jack805td has a cookbook (what I call his ratings generator) for coming up with ratings that can always be finetuned.

The ratings in the "cookbook" are adjustable. They can even be setup to account for "league level"...though that needs some more work for non-MLB leagues.

7 hours ago, jack805td said:

The ratings in the "cookbook" are adjustable. They can even be setup to account for "league level"...though that needs some more work for non-MLB leagues.

Perfect. I think @mayoluck had a method he was trying to set up for his rosters as far as ratings go

8 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

Perfect. I think @mayoluck had a method he was trying to set up for his rosters as far as ratings go

I did and i can repeat the process if need be.

TIhis is all start of the season after that its game on. I had it set up to where no MLB team would pull an AAA (AAA-AA, AA-A) player till they broke a certain ratings threshold. Only with injury or trade would they pull someone up to fill a spot, same with all the other farm teams but if a player wqs getting hot they will pull them up according to their overall. Now if the MLB player comes off of the DL they would send the same AAA player back if his rating didnt break that threshold but if his rating climbed bc he was hot they would send the lowest MLB player down till his stats leveled off. So this makes it to where CPU teams would move their hot players up and cold players down.

Mlb 100-75(any age), AAA 70-65(27+old), AA 60-55(26-24yr olds)  A 50-45(23-18yr olds) this is a guide for your non top prospects.

Now the minor leagues seams low if you have a top 100 prospect, but with this setup they jump leagues like a top prospect would (2 leagues at a time, so your best player no matter what there prospect ratings is would not be over their respective leagues max overall). Now that means top 100 are 5 star potential and non 100 top prospects would be  star, 3 star for starters and 2 star for backups and 1 star for older vets. No player that is not a top prospect will have 4/5 stars in the minors. Usually top minors jump 10 points in overall and avg good player 5 points, then 2 points for bench players and older players. This setup made it so that the CPU wouldnt have over loaded bullpens or an overloaded bench players. Another phase was arranging players based on age (if your using generic players, i made the whole farm system to match the real ones, a lot of fucking work) . There should be no 25 plus players in A, and very few if any vets in AA other than rehab.

I did even more so when it comes to me ill add it here

5 star players had 5yr contracts 4 star 4yr and so on, if not the cpu makes some dumb choices when it comes to signing and who to trade. This method makes them value the right players and give them new contracts. It also keep the MiLB payroll in line with real life.

54 minutes ago, mayoluck said:

TIhis is all start of the season after that its game on. I had it set up to where no MLB team would pull an AAA (AAA-AA, AA-A) player till they broke a certain ratings threshold. Only with injury or trade would they pull someone up to fill a spot, same with all the other farm teams but if a player wqs getting hot they will pull them up according to their overall. Now if the MLB player comes off of the DL they would send the same AAA player back if his rating didnt break that threshold but if his rating climbed bc he was hot they would send the lowest MLB player down till his stats leveled off. So this makes it to where CPU teams would move their hot players up and cold players down.

Mlb 100-75(any age), AAA 70-65(27+old), AA 60-55(26-24yr olds)  A 50-45(23-18yr olds) this is a guide for your non top prospects.

Now the minor leagues seams low if you have a top 100 prospect, but with this setup they jump leagues like a top prospect would (2 leagues at a time, so your best player no matter what there prospect ratings is would not be over their respective leagues max overall). Now that means top 100 are 5 star potential and non 100 top prospects would be  star, 3 star for starters and 2 star for backups and 1 star for older vets. No player that is not a top prospect will have 4/5 stars in the minors. Usually top minors jump 10 points in overall and avg good player 5 points, then 2 points for bench players and older players. This setup made it so that the CPU wouldnt have over loaded bullpens or an overloaded bench players. Another phase was arranging players based on age (if your using generic players, i made the whole farm system to match the real ones, a lot of fucking work) . There should be no 25 plus players in A, and very few if any vets in AA other than rehab.

5 star players had 5yr contracts 4 star 4yr and so on, if not the cpu makes some dumb choices when it comes to signing and who to trade. This method makes them value the right players and give them new contracts. It also keep the MiLB payroll in line with real life.

The more knowledge we share, the better. Everybody benefits here.

What I bolded may tie into what I talk about in the REDitor thread about ambition as it deals with CPU logic:

• Ambitions influence the trade logic/player movement in the game. These are values that affect the happiness of a player on the team. There are 4 types of ambitions a player can have in the game, starting from a scale of 0 to 10:
    • Amb_Time: The higher the value, the more important it is for the player to have enough playing time to be happy.
    • Amb_P4W: The higher this value, the more important it is for that player to win enough games to be happy.
    • Amb_TmPr: The higher the value, the higher the chances that this player will refuse to play for teams with low prestige (a losing team).
    • Amb_FinS:  The higher the value, the more likely this player will sign for a much bigger contract which overrides all the other factors.

3 hours ago, Kccitystar said:

The more knowledge we share, the better. Everybody benefits here.

What I bolded may tie into what I talk about in the REDitor thread about ambition as it deals with CPU logic:

Very intresting i was wondering if their ambitions actually factored in. Also i am curious now how the game determines how each team is run. Money ball vs big spenders or is all the same for each...

So, leading off, for anyone and everyone working on their own rosters or portrait packages:

DO NOT use the following range of IDs for portraits.

2K has reserved these Global IDs for their Create A Team and CAP slots, and additionally they're used for generated players in Franchise:

7083, 7084, 7614
7123-7185

7218-7239

7454-7503

8715-8923

22 minutes ago, Kccitystar said:

So, leading off, for anyone and everyone working on their own rosters or portrait packages:

DO NOT use the following range of IDs for portraits.

2K has reserved these Global IDs for their Create A Team and CAP slots, and additionally they're used for generated players in Franchise:

7083, 7084, 7614
7123-7185

7218-7239

7454-7503

8715-8923

Thank-you for this info KC ,I was just trying to figure out what ID's not to use , saves me a lot of bagging my head on the desk

On 3/18/2020 at 7:28 PM, mayoluck said:

I like what you laid out here. I already follow some of your guidelines when I generate the ratings for all levels. I will use this info as a further reference.

Sometime in my excel file I would like to include minor league data via baseball reference.com by scrapping some of the data they provide...but that is project itself.

On 12/15/2019 at 3:39 AM, headtrip47 said:

xLHcz6J.png

I started making a new MLB 2020 Roster Using the default Roster.. it will take time.. right niw almost finished with the LA Angels Organization... screenshots to follow.....

brother give me permission to use your logo to edit it in my personal use

Archived