MLB2K12 2020 Roster Thread

headtrip47

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm ready to get this started.

First thing I'm ready to tackle is portrait (Global) IDs.

I've taken the official end of season 2012 roster from MLB 2K12 and the official end of season 2013 roster for 2K13 to figure out every player that debuted in 2012/2013 gets a proper global ID. I figure this would be a good starting point.

Everyone else would be considered a completely *new* player and will get a unique ID that isn't any of the 2K reserved IDs. This would obviously be minor leaguers, guys like Alex Bregman, etc. I have a roster from @jack805td with some new number values that should help although they're in the 10 thousands.

Might be a dumb question, but Jack, do you know if the game uses the portrait IDs to trigger the audio mentioning previous season events?

26 minutes ago, Guaro1379 said:

One question is going to leave the same conference logos and world series that were used in 2019, I will edit them and put 2020 on them, while the new ones do not appear, you can use these, they only need to edit the stadiums

mlb2k12 2020-03-28 01-38-55-095.jpg

What I initially did when replacing the logos was to remove the year. This way the logos are perfect to use every year in franchise mode 😂

On 3/30/2020 at 12:26 PM, Kccitystar said:

I'm ready to get this started.

First thing I'm ready to tackle is portrait (Global) IDs.

I've taken the official end of season 2012 roster from MLB 2K12 and the official end of season 2013 roster for 2K13 to figure out every player that debuted in 2012/2013 gets a proper global ID. I figure this would be a good starting point.

Everyone else would be considered a completely *new* player and will get a unique ID that isn't any of the 2K reserved IDs. This would obviously be minor leaguers, guys like Alex Bregman, etc. I have a roster from @jack805td with some new number values that should help although they're in the 10 thousands.

Might be a dumb question, but Jack, do you know if the game uses the portrait IDs to trigger the audio mentioning previous season events?

If I remember right the audio is tied into the first 1350 or so slots, like how inside edge is tied to that. That was one of the reasons I redid the roster IDs in this last numbering format. I am looking into this again and will confirm this.

1 hour ago, jack805td said:

If I remember right the audio is tied into the first 1350 or so slots, like how inside edge is tied to that. That was one of the reasons I redid the roster IDs in this last numbering format. I am looking into this again and will confirm this.

slots, or Global IDs?

Quick question. Did we ever figure out a way to import the 2K long hair into a .cff file in blender that will actually convert to a .iff? I know someone did a Mike Leake with long hair and it turned out pretty good. Wanted to test this theory on Gerrit Cole. I will layer the 2K hair over the geometry (mesh) hair that I already have to see what it looks like. 

24 minutes ago, picklebrad said:

Quick question. Did we ever figure out a way to import the 2K long hair into a .cff file in blender that will actually convert to a .iff? I know someone did a Mike Leake with long hair and it turned out pretty good. Wanted to test this theory on Gerrit Cole. I will layer the 2K hair over the geometry (mesh) hair that I already have to see what it looks like. 

oof, I don't even know. I remember there was a tutorial for NBA 2K13 that allowed you to copy a headshape over to the one with the hair as long as it matched the amount of vertices on the original headshape

On 4/1/2020 at 10:06 PM, jack805td said:

Just following up on this as I tried your test roster and it looks like Aaron Judge was announced as Starling Castro on commentary :(

Additionally, I made one discovery: In the Teams tab, there are three columns named SomeID1, SomeID2 and SomeID3. I believe these are for team IDs in regards to crowd noises.

On 4/5/2020 at 6:24 PM, Kccitystar said:

Just following up on this as I tried your test roster and it looks like Aaron Judge was announced as Starling Castro on commentary :(

Additionally, I made one discovery: In the Teams tab, there are three columns named SomeID1, SomeID2 and SomeID3. I believe these are for team IDs in regards to crowd noises.

I haven't fully figured out the how the sound/announcments work. It seems it's tied into a few different things. Continuing to look at it.

Archived