• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Jim825 said:

It’s better than 10.5 games back . . .

It is this it is this back-and-forth Jim that I have wanted little to do with this season. I swore to myself before spring training that I would not let the Yankees get to me this year and so far I have kept my word. I have a lot of baseball books and quite a few that I have not read yet and I am going to read them this season. I still follow the team off and on.

19 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

It is this it is this back-and-forth Jim that I have wanted little to do with this season. I swore to myself before spring training that I would not let the Yankees get to me this year and so far I have kept my word. I have a lot of baseball books and quite a few that I have not read yet and I am going to read them this season. I still follow the team off and on.

You’re right, and your temperament has definitely changed this season. 

When the Yankees lose, he complains. 
When the Yankees win, he complains.

It’s not worth the effort to have a conversation here. He can hate on the Yankees all season, and happily post when they lose.

I will be optimistic (and probably naive) but still root for them win or lose, like I do every year. 

26 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

You’re right, and your temperament has definitely changed this season. 

When the Yankees lose, he complains. 
When the Yankees win, he complains.

It’s not worth the effort to have a conversation here. He can hate on the Yankees all season, and happily post when they lose.

I will be optimistic (and maybe naive) and root for them win or lose, like I do every year. 

I kind of wonder how he was during the great 1998 season where everything went right for the Yankees. Did he complain when they went 114 - 48 in the regular season? I hope not.

This team can be frustrating and it is that way for me when I look at all the injuries but not to the point where I am going to say they are slip slidin' away every day.

It's still early and they need Aaron Judge back as soon as possible so they can begin to play consistent baseball again.

2 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Go figure baseball because I can't.

The Yankees lose two of three to Boston at Yankee Stadium and the very next night the Red Sox go back to Fenway and they lose to the last place team in the N.L. West.

This is a game that you can never figure out.

How about Oakland being on a 6-game winning streak after beating Tampa last night?  On any given night, the team with the worst record in baseball can beat the team with the best record. 

8 hours ago, Jim825 said:

How about Oakland being on a 6-game winning streak after beating Tampa last night?  On any given night, the team with the worst record in baseball can beat the team with the best record. 

And now Jim it's a seven game win streak. That team has a lot of confidence right now and it shows.

Oh, and once again another Colorado extra inning win in Fenway. Just unbelievable.

7 hours ago, Ritchie said:

You know my take on these bums.  No need to say more. 

Look, let's be realistic. The way I see it this is not a team that will go far in the post season. They get injured way too much to begin with. They have no idea how to bunt or hit in the clutch. It's a top-heavy team that strikes out a lot and this is the way Cashman designed it. 

Getting rid of people like Donaldson would help. Even Stanton. He looks dangerous but he is not.

I don't point the blame at the players but rather who designed the team.

Back to my book.

Bumbling Boone has an annoying habit of not letting pitchers work themselves out of trouble. A perfect example is today in the fifth inning. Clarke Schmidt was doing well but as soon as he gives up a few hits there he goes right out of the game. How can a pitcher gain confidence based on that? I really have no use for Boone.

Another loss looming.  Maybe a SWEEP by the BoSox.  

Stay out as long as u can Judge because being in the lineup will not help  anyway. Wasn't winning with him in it, and not winning without him.  STANkees getting closer to last place. That's where they belong. 

Edited by Ritchie

46 minutes ago, sabugo said:

You're always so cheery. I love reading your posts when the Yankees win. 

That's because the STANkees  DON'T win.  This team's a disaster.  Terrible hitting, terrible pitching.  Need more fans to boo this crappy team. 

Edited by Ritchie

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

They are NOT giving me any joy, again, this baseball season. 

Look, I am going to try one more time. This team is not “championship caliber” despite how many times Cashman and Boone try to convince people. They have too many holes and the most obvious one is that they have hitters who do not hit.

Years ago -and we are not talking that long ago- the Yankees were a team that other teams wanted to imitate. Their lineup took a lot of pitches and they got into the opposing teams bullpen very early. These days other teams still look at them but they say to themselves “watch the Yankees and do the opposite.”

They have young players in the minors who can help the team but they insist on playing veterans like Donaldson even though he does nothing at the plate or on the field. His time is done and I even think he knows it. When we needed an outfielder (and we still do) why isn’t Estevan Florial called up? If Calhoun didn’t get injured he would still be out there. Same for Jake Bauers.

It was last year around this time that the wheels started to fall off the Yankees season as they went into a tailspin that lasted into September. Do you recall that? But still they made it to the ALCS where reality hit them in the form of the Houston Astros. I think the worst thing that could have happened last year was making it to the ALCS because it covered up so many flaws.

Those flaws are still here because the only thing they did was sign a pitcher who has not even played one game yet and that has become part of the excuse as to why they are not winning.

They get hurt too much. That’s how it has been for years now. Stanton is to the disabled list as mustard is to a hot dog. They go together. And when he is not on it you almost wish he was. He’s useless and he is not the only one.

This is not the Yankee organization that I have grown to love. They seem to be happy to say they were in the playoffs and that’s that. They need a reality check and if it means not making the playoffs then fine. Maybe and just maybe things will get done this off season instead of Cashman signing people no one else wants.

My advise to you is to stop calling them Skankees and saying they are slip slidin’ away all the time. You are going to get yourself all upset over nothing. Trust me I know what I’m saying. I ranted and raved for years before you joined here and the only thing I accomplished was getting myself all upset and it changed nothing. I told you I found other things to occupy my time this season and while I do read the game stories every day it doesn’t affect me anymore. I involve myself in baseball history books and I tend to lose myself in them. I am a speed reader so it doesn’t take me long to move on to the next one. Try something like that. It’s relaxing.

Last night in Oakland.

What the hell, right? I didn’t watch the game because it was on late and besides I had a very bad feeling about it even though the Athletics have the worst record in the game. The Yankees do not play well in Oakland to begin with and add the fact that they can not hit at all this spelled trouble.

Last year I would have broken something. Once I broke a coin counter and had to buy a new one. Not today. This morning when I found out the score I yawned and got up and let the dogs out and then went back to bed. It does not make sense to expect anything different out of this team when nothing has changed except the players over the past few years. Lousy hitting. Lousy situational hitting. Too many strikeouts and too many excuses.

10 hours ago, Ritchie said:

me, I chuckle every time I see the box score as all of you know what I think.  as Yogi Bera said, "It ain’t over till it’s over".  I'm pretty sure it is.

Last night you did not have a chuckle. Thank God! Good going Domingo German!