Official Yankee fan thread

Yankee4Life

from what I see on my baseball app scoreboard, Cole has another clunker giving up 5 runs.  only thing so far from a defeat is Yankees score 7 runs in one inning to help. but Padres coming back. make that 6 runs giving up by Clunker Cole.

Edited by Ritchie

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

48 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

from what I see on my baseball app scoreboard, Cole has another clunker giving up 5 runs.  only thing so far from a defeat is Yankees score 7 runs in one inning to help. but Padres coming back. make that 6 runs giving up by Clunker Cole.

A win is a win. They all look the same in the standings. 

55 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

A win is a win. They all look the same in the standings. 

BUT Rays WON.  did not gain any ground.   Central New England College league started today - rather watch these guys play and also travel down to the Cape Cod Baseball league to see them play.

18 hours ago, Ritchie said:

BUT Rays WON.  did not gain any ground.   Central New England College league started today - rather watch these guys play and also travel down to the Cape Cod Baseball league to see them play.

Yes, the Rays won, but the Yankees DIDN’T LOSE!  If they lost, you’d be all over them. They win and it doesn’t seem to matter to you. :facepalm:

See boxscore as Yankees flop losing 1 to ZERO.  O fer with RISP. way to go after scoring double digits the night before.

Going to watch Worcester Bravehearts tomorrow night. Rather watch these kids play even though I don't watch the Yanks. 

Edited by Ritchie

4 hours ago, Ritchie said:

See boxscore as Yankees flop losing 1 to ZERO.  O fer with RISP. way to go after scoring double digits the night before.

Going to watch Worcester Bravehearts tomorrow night. Rather watch these kids play even though I don't watch the Yanks. 

Yeah but they won the series winning two of three. Consistency is the key to winning anything.

5 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Yeah but they won the series winning two of three. Consistency is the key to winning anything.

It doesn’t matter to him. He’ll post again the next time the Yankees lose. If they win, and better yet, gain ground on the Rays, he stays silent. 

14 hours ago, Jim825 said:

It doesn’t matter to him. He’ll post again the next time the Yankees lose. If they win, and better yet, gain ground on the Rays, he stays silent. 

May have taken 2 of 3, but lost ground in the standings all because they couldn't score 1 freaking run in 9 innings.  Won't gain this weekend since Rays play the BoSox. 

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

May have taken 2 of 3, but lost ground in the standings all because they couldn't score 1 freaking run in 9 innings.  Won't gain this weekend since Rays play the BoSox. 

Actually, they picked up one game in the standings this week. They took 2 of 3 from the Mariners while the Rays only took 1 of 3 from the Cubs. 

They were 7 games behind the Rays last Sunday and are 6 games behind now. 

I agree that they could lose ground this weekend as they play the Dodgers while the Rays play the Red Sox but we’ll have to see how these games play out. 

This team really knows how to try your patience with all the injuries it gets. Right now I am worried about Judge because that toe injury can go either way.

What I have learned over the past few years is to disregard everything Boone says when a player is injured. He’s never honest about any of them. 😠

It’s just frustrating. Just when you think they are on the right track they get injured and it all falls apart. 🙁

8hvy

3 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

This team really knows how to try your patience with all the injuries it gets. Right now I am worried about Judge because that toe injury can go either way.

What I have learned over the past few years is to disregard everything Boone says when a player is injured. He’s never honest about any of them. 😠

It’s just frustrating. Just when you think they are on the right track they get injured and it all falls apart. 🙁

You can expect Judgey to be on the IL   for over a month with his sore toe.  Going to take time for that to heal properly.  Twice this year on IL.  Signed bid contract and now getting hurt which he did not last year but this injury should not have happened. 

5 hours ago, Ritchie said:

8hvy

You can expect Judgey to be on the IL   for over a month with his sore toe.  Going to take time for that to heal properly.  Twice this year on IL.  Signed bid contract and now getting hurt which he did not last year but this injury should not have happened. 

Judge went all out going for that ball and it is just an unfortunate turn of events for him and the team. I hope he does not have to have a lot of time to heal because let’s face it, Stanton is not someone you can depend on.

Maybe the Dodgers should have had that part of the wall padded. I don’t know if anyone else over the years hurt themselves going for a ball there. His big contract had nothing to do with this.

Judge's big contract didn't have anything to do with his injury but now that he has it, he'll be on the IL every year now.

As the STANKEES lose 2 in a row to the lowly Chisox. Good, hope they lose on national TV tonight.  Slip, sliding, away. Team going nowhere this year.

@Jim825: so much for the game they gained on the Rays last week.  

Edited by Ritchie

Wow, cannot believe it. 

The STANKS beat the Chisox last night.  Still 8 1/2 games behind the Rays and 1 game ahead of the Jays. Maybe the BoSox will handle the STANKS this weekend.  Not too confident in this Yankees team. 

Edited by Ritchie

16 hours ago, Ritchie said:

will the BoSox take the game tonight and send the STANKS down the hole further to make them closer to last place than to first?  I'm sure they will since the STANKS cannot hit or score runs.

Oops - Yankees 3, Red Sox 1

Tampa lost, so the Yankees picked up a game on them.