Official Yankee fan thread

Yankee4Life

48 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Would you rather have them ten games behind? You have to start somewhere.

Win or lose, nothing the Yankees do makes him happy.  They could go 161-1 and he’d focus on the fact that they lost  a game. :(

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

59 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Win or lose, nothing the Yankees do makes him happy.  They could go 161-1 and he’d focus on the fact that they lost  a game. :(

Nope, because that's impossible to be 161-1.  And even IF that were so, they'd lose in the playoffs as they have done. 

hey, hey, hey... my brother in Florida texted me to say the Rays hammered Cole in the last 2 innings being down 6 to zero have now tied the game at 6 to 6...  way to go Cole.. 6 to 0 lead and you flushed it down the drain. back to 10 games in the division.  SLIP, SLIDING, AWAY!!!!!  and again, nothing the STINkees do makes me happy..

34 minutes ago, sabugo said:

Which is exacly Jim's point. Cole has been having a great season and you chose to focus on his one bad game. Or bad inning, whatever it is.

this organization will be a long time coming to win another championship....

17 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Tampa beat Cole today as they were behind 6 to 0.  guess there won't be any posts tonight..

Sure there will. Yanks lost a tough one today.  The margin of victory this weekend was 1 run in each game. A few timely hits or better pitches and the Yankees could have won all 3 games.  At the same time, they could have lost all 3 games. 

The Rays didn’t blow out the Yankees in these games despite the disparity in their records. 

Unlike you, I’m not ready to declare the Yankees’ season over the first weekend in May. 

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Nope, because that's impossible to be 161-1.  And even IF that were so, they'd lose in the playoffs as they have done. 

You just made my point. :facepalm:

31 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Sure there will. Yanks lost a tough one today.  The margin of victory this weekend was 1 run in each game. A few timely hits or better pitches and the Yankees could have won all 3 games.  At the same time, they could have lost all 3 games. 

The Rays didn’t blow out the Yankees in these games despite the disparity in their records. 

Unlike you, I’m not ready to declare the Yankees’ season over the first weekend in May. 

You just made my point. :facepalm:

You  don't get it. These STINkees don't get timely hits - this team is bad.  Today's game should have been a big win. But no, Cole blows the game.  I'll spend my time watching the Worcester Bravehearts, the CNE league or take a drive down the Cape and watch the Cape Cod League. 

14 hours ago, Ritchie said:

You  don't get it. These STINkees don't get timely hits - this team is bad.  Today's game should have been a big win. But no, Cole blows the game.  I'll spend my time watching the Worcester Bravehearts, the CNE league or take a drive down the Cape and watch the Cape Cod League. 

They don’t stink. I won’t go as far to say that. But they are a disappointment, they get hurt way too much (and this is every year) and they have too many people on the team that shouldn’t be there like Hicks, Donaldson and Stanton. Why Stanton? Because he never plays.

1 hour ago, Yankee4Life said:

They don’t stink. I won’t go as far to say that. But they are a disappointment, they get hurt way too much (and this is every year) and they have too many people on the team that shouldn’t be there like Hicks, Donaldson and Stanton. Why Stanton? Because he never plays.

Calling them they stink is what I see this team being $200m in LAST place.  Can add to the list Montas (wasted prospects  for this bum), Rodon (who knows if he'll pitch this year - often injured but stayed healthy last year to get his big contract).

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

They may have done this to free up a roster spot for Judge since he comes off the IL today. 

I agree. And with all; the injuries that they've had this one is the one you really can not be concerned about because he will bounce back soon.

got a text from my bro in Florida - 'Nasty' Cortes is not so nasty this year.  another loss to the Rays looming.  still in the cellar and again you guys know what I think about this team and it still stands.  team needs to be shaken, not stirred.

4 hours ago, Jim825 said:

I knew you’d make an appearance here today. While the Yankees win, you stay out of this thread. As soon as they lose, you start posting again. :facepalm:

That's because I knew the win streak would NOT last.  Team going nowhere.  Will be lucky IF they win one game this weekend. 

Edited by Ritchie

7 hours ago, Ritchie said:

That's because I knew the win streak would NOT last.  Team going nowhere.  Will be lucky IF they win one game this weekend. 

I guess they are lucky . . .  

To paraphrase Lefty Gomez, “sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.”

17 hours ago, Jim825 said:

I guess they are lucky . . .  

To paraphrase Lefty Gomez, “sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.”

well, that's the one win.  Cole pitching today. another clunker as he did vs the O's