Yankee4Life

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Now Cleveland will pitch Beiber due to rainout.  Bet Beiber on game 5.

That would be a bad bet, as Cleveland is sticking with Civale (who hasn’t pitched since the end of the regular season) for today’s game. 

Meanwhile, the Yankees go with Nestor Cortes, which I believe is a better option than Taillon, even if they only get 4 or 5 innings out of him. 

4 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Nestor was outstanding and extremely efficient on 3 days rest. And then Loaisiga, Holmes and Wandy were lights out. 

And now it’s on to Houston!

Boone learned that Wandy is for only 1 inning, over that he tends to fail.   And with all the relievers out for many reasons Loasiga at the 7th and Holmes at the 8th are  a key factor for us.

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

And here we go again. The game is over before it’s played . . . :facepalm:

While I expect that Verlander will pitch well, I can’t help but remember last week’s Game 1 vs. Seattle, when he gave up 10 hits and 6 runs over 4 innings.  

that was last week's game vs Seattle, a fluke for JV.  He won't pitch like that tonight.

29 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

and the Yankees won because of the HR.  will not do that tonight, not against Verlander.

Now wait a second. How do you know this? Verlander could be throwing hard tonight but just missing his spots and when he does the Yankee hitters can take advantage of it. Just because they are the Astros does not mean they play a perfect game every game. Let’s see what we see.

52 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Schmidt $uck$.  Another loss by these STANKEES. As I said, will not and did not hit Verlander. Game vs Seattle was a fluke.  Another ALCS loss to the 'stros.  Goodbye, maybe next year 

Why did I think think this was a best of 7 series???  I didn’t know it was a one game playoff. :unknw:

10 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Why did I think think this was a best of 7 series???  I didn’t know it was a one game playoff. :unknw:

face it, the STANKEES will not beat the 'stros.  as much as the STANKEES beat on the Twins and Guardians in the PS, the 'stros have the STANKEES number.

Edited by Ritchie

3 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Pathetic team. Cannot hit. Very lame. Down 2 games. STANKEES will NOT win these 3 games. Season is over this weekend as 'stros will celebrate in Yankees stadium. World Series drought continues. 

If I were you I'd leave right now after reading this and go out and buy a lottery ticket because you are so sure that this is going to happen. I really hope you are wrong concerning the Yankees.

I also hope I'm wrong but there is no way that this team will beat the 'stros 4 times in the next 5 games. Will have to face JV again and you know what he did in game 1.  This team is hitting below 200 and cannot hit with RISP to keep a rally going. Did you see how the Padres hit after hit after hit  vs the Phillies in one inning for 5 runs? That's how it's done. 

Edited by Ritchie

So what I'm going to do is take my time to rant.

So, over 3 games, the team's got 12 hits and 41 Ks. The lineup needs good contact hitters in a bad way. You're not winning in the LCS with a lineup of .230-.250 hitters who strikeout a ton and hit home runs occasionally. Top pitchers will always kill that lineup structure 10 times out of 10.

I'm really ready as a fan to put the "Baby Bombers Era" to sleep tomorrow night though. I've come to the conclusion that it's been nothing but a complete dud.

It's beginning to slap me in the face that every single rival or contemporary has lapped this team in terms of vision and organizational approach. You have the Astros, who are likely going to their fourth World Series in six years, and they've won* one already. Boston? They retooled and won a title. The Dodgers won a title and two pennants. The Rays won a pennant! In the period since they've won a WS, the Mets across town ALSO won a pennant!

The Yankees have TWO division titles in 10 years and have tried to trot the same team out for 5 years now. I guarantee you that they will do this and try to gaslight all of us as fans that letting Judge walk to another team for more money is a good idea while they trot the same team out there next season with Peraza playing SS in AAA over IKF come spring training.

Second-rate owner. Second-rate GM. Second-rate roster, a fourth-rate manager and a second-rate organization.

I can't wait to see what 14 year old IFA that Cashman will decide to splurge on this off-season, because I sure am glad they didn't break the luxury tax so they didn't lose any of that international money. I can't wait to see him also tear up the minors and then never come-up because our moronic GM ends up blocking him with whatever cheap-ass stopgap he chose to sign instead of the multiple marquee free agents that were available.

The fans deserve and expect better from the organization, chicken buckets be damned.