Official Yankee fan thread

Yankee4Life

Nice win today. The Yankees remembered how to hit again as they open the game with 7 straight hits. Taillon goes 7-1/3 innings and only gives up 3 runs. 

I’m wondering in Derek Jeter gave the team a pep talk after last night’s loss — “You’re the F’n New York Yankees!  Play like it!!” :lol:

Hopefully they can keep this going tomorrow. 

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jim, I just got finished reading about the game. Very impressive. I haven't seen a game since the Oakland series and that doesn't matter as long as they win.

If Jeter did give them a pep talk I hope they listened. I bet he would be glad that he doesn't play with this collection of players that seem to have no problem going on the disabled list. With that guy you couldn't give him a day off.

Tomorrow is a big day. And Taillon really ate a lot of innings. Great job.

We all have to feel a lot better about the Yankees as this weekend comes to a close as compared with how they looked at the start of it.

They scored ten runs yesterday and today and with the way they’ve been hitting that is a minor miracle.

I really have one problem now. We have Oswaldo Cabrera and Oswald Peraza. I keep forgetting who the shortstop is.🙂

3 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

I really have one problem now. We have Oswaldo Cabrera and Oswald Peraza. I keep forgetting who the shortstop is.🙂

My boss, originally from NJ who is also a Yankees fan, just said the same thing to me the other day. :lol:

He’s told me stories of some of the Yankee games he attended in the past.  For example, he was at the ALCS game in 1976 when Chris Chambliss hit the walk off HR to beat  KC and get the Yankees into the World Series. He and his older brother tried to get onto the field like the thousands of others but a NYC cop pulled them back. 

On 9/11/2022 at 7:09 PM, Jim825 said:

My boss, originally from NJ who is also a Yankees fan, just said the same thing to me the other day. :lol:

He’s told me stories of some of the Yankee games he attended in the past.  For example, he was at the ALCS game in 1976 when Chris Chambliss hit the walk off HR to beat  KC and get the Yankees into the World Series. He and his older brother tried to get onto the field like the thousands of others but a NYC cop pulled them back. 

In October of 1976 I was in Catholic school and the night of game five of the A.L.C.S. we were given a lot of homework. I went right home and started it right away as soon as I finished my paper route. I got a few hours in and I missed much of the first half of the game but I did not miss the home run by Chambliss. It is still one of my all-time thrills.

Now I have to wonder Jim because I am sure you saw the thousands of people storm the field after the ball went over the fence. Why would a cop pull back two boys who just wanted to celebrate like everyone else out on that infield that night?

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Way to go Cole.  Gave 2 HRs to lower end of batting order, and 3 total. And you're an ACE? Maybe an ace bandage.  fortunately you were saved. 

He gave up two Pesky Pole home runs. You have to realize how cheap that is. A person can stand at home plate and sneeze and still hit that pole. He gave up one legitimate home run last night and he pitched very good.

Another good win for the Yankees and they increased their lead over Tampa Bay to 7-1/2 games. I guess it’s the Rays who are SLIP, SLIDING, AWAY!! :lol:

They have a 6 game lead over Toronto with 4 more games against them in the next few weeks. It would be good to put some more distance between them too. 

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

Another good win for the Yankees and they increased their lead over Tampa Bay to 7-1/2 games. I guess it’s the Rays who are SLIP, SLIDING, AWAY!! :lol:

They have a 6 game lead over Toronto with 4 more games against them in the next few weeks. It would be good to put some more distance between them too. 

Good win?? it was against the lowly Sox.  Lineup is not that great and have holes in pitching staff. Don't trust ACE bandage Cole, Montas hasn't been that good, Holmes can't close out a game without giving a run.  Won't go far in the PS. 

16 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

If they lose you complain. If they win you complain. There is no pleasing you. :facepalm:

A 5-3 win counts the same as a 15-3 win. Right now, I’ll take it. 

Because this team is not that good. Only reason they are  in first is because of the stretch run of victories they had back in early spring. 

Edited by Ritchie

5 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Good win?? it was against the lowly Sox.  Lineup is not that great and have holes in pitching staff. Don't trust ACE bandage Cole, Montas hasn't been that good, Holmes can't close out a game without giving a run.  Won't go far in the PS. 

Here is where I differ from you. Yes this was a good win because it easily could have been a bad loss and if you stop and think about it you'll agree with me.

1. J.D. Martinez could have been called safe at first and the score would have been 4 - 3. Who knows what would have happened?

2. No lead is safe at that bandbox of a park and the Yankees could have very well lost it in the ninth or in extra innings. That reversed call was the key moment of the game.

3 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Because this team is not that good. Only reason they are  in first is because of the stretch run of victories they had back in early spring. 

They had to do a lot of things right to get that early lead but I understand your hesitance to back them. I'm still worried too but it makes me very happy when I am proven wrong.

18 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

Here is where I differ from you. Yes this was a good win because it easily could have been a bad loss and if you stop and think about it you'll agree with me.

1. J.D. Martinez could have been called safe at first and the score would have been 4 - 3. Who knows what would have happened?

2. No lead is safe at that bandbox of a park and the Yankees could have very well lost it in the ninth or in extra innings. That reversed call was the key moment of the game.

They had to do a lot of things right to get that early lead but I understand your hesitance to back them. I'm still worried too but it makes me very happy when I am proven wrong.

You have to remember that these Sox are not a good team this year pitching and hitting wise. Let's see what they do vs the Brewers this weekend as Cashman's TOP trade product is pitching tonight. 

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

You have to remember that these Sox are not a good team this year pitching and hitting wise. Let's see what they do vs the Brewers this weekend as Cashman's TOP trade product is pitching tonight. 

I know that they are not a good team but the point is they still won. I will take it and as far as Milwaukee goes they are not a National League powerhouse. Montas has been doing well also.

WTF!!?? read that Montas was given a 5 run lead and he blew it!! Way to go, Montas. Has he pitched a good game since he was traded?? And team went 2 for 11 with RISP.  And Holmes falters once again.  REPEAT:  this team $uck$. Still time for them to blow the division lead as Jays are 5.5 games behind. 

Edited by Ritchie

27 minutes ago, sabugo said:

I can't say that I disagree with most of that, but you always seem to post a lot more when they lose than when they win.

What good has this team done since end of June?? Winning in May and June may be just a fluke. The only reason they are in first is because of that.