Official Yankee fan thread

Yankee4Life

13 hours ago, Ritchie said:

A 3 game winning streak??  Wait, don't get too excited, I'm not.   This little bubble may burst if they do not continue on against the A's and Angels with this pitching and hitting staff. 

I am not excited at all. I know they always have a hard time in Oakland.

Notes on the 2023 schedule:

The Yankees first six games are against two National League teams.

They don’t play those rotten SOB’s until June and they alternate home-and-home three game series’ that month.

The All-Star Game is July 11th. Giancarlo Stanton should be injured by that time.

They play Boston again in the Bronx for three games on August 18, 19 and 20. And that is the last time they face them at home during the regular season.

They finish with Boston with four games at Fenway September 11 - 14th. It figures that Boston gets the extra home game.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

I am not excited at all. I know they always have a hard time in Oakland.

Notes on the 2023 schedule:

The Yankees first six games are against two National League teams.

They don’t play those rotten SOB’s until June and they alternate home-and-home three game series’ that month.

The All-Star Game is July 11th. Giancarlo Stanton should be injured by that time.

They play Boston again in the Bronx for three games on August 18, 19 and 20. And that is the last time they face them at home during the regular season.

They finish with Boston with four games at Fenway September 11 - 14th. It figures that Boston gets the extra home game.

what I would like to see, although impossible, is that warm climate teams should be host to those teams from cold climate cities and not the other way around or having 2 warm city teams play each other at season's beginning.

Edited by Ritchie

Nestor on IL with groin injury.  transferred outfielder Harrison Bader to the 60-day IL - so may not see these 'boot' guy this year after all.

facing former Yankees first 2 games James Kaprielian tonight and JP Sears tomorrow.

bubble may burst tonight...

Edited by Ritchie

12 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Nestor on IL with groin injury.  transferred outfielder Harrison Bader to the 60-day IL - so may not see these 'boot' guy this year after all.

facing former Yankees first 2 games James Kaprielian tonight and JP Sears tomorrow.

bubble may burst tonight...

Basically what this goes to show you is that as soon as you maybe, just maybe try to have a bit of faith in them again they make sure to make you look like a fool. I don't care about them anymore. They have no backbone or will to win.

3 hours ago, Ritchie said:

what I would like to see, although impossible, is that warm climate teams should be host to those teams from cold climate cities and not the other way around or having 2 warm city teams play each other at season's beginning.

Funny you should say this. Check out this thread right here I made six years ago.

1 minute ago, Yankee4Life said:

Basically what this goes to show you is that as soon as you maybe, just maybe try to have a bit of faith in them again they make sure to make you look like a fool. I don't care about them anymore. They have no backbone or will to win.

Funny you should say this. Check out this thread right here I made six years ago.

I will check out your thread, thanks.

what else is new with this team !!!!! don't have high hopes for this weekend: Taillon tonight and  so- called "ACE" Cole tomorrow night.

1 hour ago, Ritchie said:

MLB should have no reason now to schedule cold weather teams to play warm weather teams at beginning of season due to each team playing any other team starting next year.

I'll give you a reason: money. Money-grubbing east coast teams like the Red Sox will insist on opening at home at the end of March.

12 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

I'll give you a reason: money. Money-grubbing east coast teams like the Red Sox will insist on opening at home at the end of March.

Are the Red Sox the only money grubbing East coast  team????  

What about Midwest teams?  I seem to recall Cleveland and Detroit playing games in the snow. 

And how exactly do the Red Sox have control of the MLB schedule makers?  Do they have some dirty secret they are holding over them to guarantee that they open at home every season?  It’s all a conspiracy!! :o

6 hours ago, Jim825 said:

Are the Red Sox the only money grubbing East coast  team????  

What about Midwest teams?  I seem to recall Cleveland and Detroit playing games in the snow. 

And how exactly do the Red Sox have control of the MLB schedule makers?  Do they have some dirty secret they are holding over them to guarantee that they open at home every season?  It’s all a conspiracy!! :o

Jim, I am surprised, disappointed and saddened by your apparent defense of the Boston Red Sox and I am hoping that you re-read your remarks and disassociate yourself from them as soon as possible.

But them I remembered that you do live in Massachusetts so that means you have to run into these people on a daily basis. We thankfully do not have this problem in Central New York. Away from Fenway Park they probably appear to be decent and normal people and for all intents and purposes I am sure they are. But get them in the vicinity of Fenway Park they will immediately turn into a unreasonable, temperamental, screaming, drunken, violent fan. These are the kind of people that will start a chant of “Yankees suck” at a funeral.

But you did ask me if the Red Sox were the only money grubbing East coast team. Philadelphia is another one.

How do the Red Sox have control of the MLB schedule makers? They play the Yankees thirteen times next year and they have seven home games compared to six for the Yankees. Why do they open up at home every season? Damned if I know. But they do.

It would not surprise me if Boston had the idea for interleague play. They were the ones who pushed for the designated hitter.

I’m not defending the Red Sox, just once again pointing out your bias toward all things Boston and anyone from Boston or Massachusetts in general.  Anything you don’t like in baseball is the fault of the Red Sox or their fans.

I’ve seen plenty  of obnoxious Yankees fans over the years, especially before the Red Sox won tte World Series in 2004, but know that the behavior of some is not a reflection of the entire population of Yankees fans or New Yorkers in general.  Have you forgotten when Yankees fans in the Yankee Stadium bleachers in the 1970’s would throw batteries at opposing team outfielders?  Then again, those outfielders probably deserved it, right? :facepalm:

Your “Boston is the root of all evil” act on this website has gotten old and tired. 

11 hours ago, Jim825 said:

I’m not defending the Red Sox, just once again pointing out your bias toward all things Boston and anyone from Boston or Massachusetts in general.  Anything you don’t like in baseball is the fault of the Red Sox or their fans.

I’ve seen plenty  of obnoxious Yankees fans over the years, especially before the Red Sox won tte World Series in 2004, but know that the behavior of some is not a reflection of the entire population of Yankees fans or New Yorkers in general.  Have you forgotten when Yankees fans in the Yankee Stadium bleachers in the 1970’s would throw batteries at opposing team outfielders?  Then again, those outfielders probably deserved it, right? :facepalm:

Your “Boston is the root of all evil” act on this website has gotten old and tired. 

You don’t have to point out my bias towards the Red Sox or their fans. I freely admit it. However I do not have a bias against the entire city of Boston or the state itself. I know I make it sound like that at times but I really don’t. Not everyone in Boston is a baseball fan and the same can be said about people living in that state. I’ve been to Boston many times in the 80’s and 90’s wearing a Yankee hat and shirt and I was not bothered once.

The reason why I brought up the interleague play thing is that I did read somewhere when it first started that it was partly Boston’s idea. If that is accurate or not is something I can not confirm. But it is not the Red Sox’ fault for the new schedule, added teams for the playoffs, the ghost runner, not being able to slide into home, the clock on the pitcher, etc, etc. Blame that on Manfred and the rule makers.

I have not forgotten the few fans who threw batteries from the Yankee Stadium bleachers back then. I also remember Mickey Rivers having to wear a batting helmet in centerfield while playing in Fenway. I distance myself from people like that because I don’t do that stuff. I want to see Boston lose and lose big but I am not going to involve myself by doing something to the players.

So do I think they are the root of all evil? You haven’t been paying close attention because I really don’t think that.

True story: I went to as minor league game in 2005 and some guy had a Red Sox t-shirt on. I was in line to get a coke and someone walked behind him and yelled to him “you got lucky” because of Boston’s World Series win in 2004 and then he slapped the guy in the head and walked away. He hit him hard Jim and the guy was leaning up against a wall trying to get his bearings. Well, I left the line and put my arm around his shoulders and led him to some seats and stayed there with him until he was ok. No big deal, that’s just how you do things. This guy was not the reason why Boston won and the Yankees lost. They lost because of Kevin Brown and Javier Vazquez, who did nothing all season and choked in game seven. I may dislike the team but that’s where I draw the line.

2 hours ago, sabugo said:

OK, this is new one in the lore of stupid injuries

Chapman just may have pitched himself off the team after the season is done.

6 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Since I dropped MLB.tv and being sick of watching these has_beens, checked ESPN scores and see they are being no-hit into middle of game.  Back to reality for this crappy team.   

Ah, son of a $%#*&. Here we go again. And people still wonder why we get all over this team. These idiots know how to pack it in like nobody's business. Boone and his excuses need to go.

18 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

Ah, son of a $%#*&. Here we go again. And people still wonder why we get all over this team. These idiots know how to pack it in like nobody's business. Boone and his excuses need to go.

and they think these Yankees are going somewhere this post-season.  I'll believe it when it happens.  had chance to SWEEP these lowly A's but looks like a split and then into Anaheim, maybe 1 victory, if possible., and onto Tampa Bay where they could get swept themselves.

Just now, Ritchie said:

and they think these Yankees are going somewhere this post-season.  I'll believe it when it happens.  had chance to SWEEP these lowly A's but looks like a split and then into Anaheim, maybe 1 victory, if possible., and onto Tampa Bay where they could get swept themselves.

I'm sorry talking bad about this team.  but that's the way I see them.

facing another pitcher with over 6 ERA and cannot hit/ score off him.  UNBELIEVABLE, no, BELIEVABLE....

well, lead down to 7 games tonight.  facing the Rays this week lead could be even closer.  as I keep on saying, slip, sliding, away and this team $uck$.

PS:  With a bullpen that has taken more than its fair share of hits over the last month and a half, the Yankees added veteran left-hander Anthony Banda Sunday morning.    ERA close to 6.  another bottom of the barrel pickup signed by Cashman.

Edited by Ritchie