Official Yankee fan thread

Yankee4Life

Woke up and read STINKEES lost again!!! Montas gave up 3 HRs.  How's this trade working out for them???  only scored 3 runs. Rays win, gain ground. Lead down to 7 games. The way the STINKEES are playing, Rays will be in 1st place after this weekend.  SLIP, SLIDING, AWAY!!!! 

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am guilty in here of saying that I am not going to watch the game, that I am through with them, etc, etc and then the next day I come in and talk about the game as if I watched it and the truth is I did.

Not last night. I went to bed early, didn’t check the score before I turned off the light and did not find out who won until I came in here today and read your post about them losing. I am telling you it was wonderful and I really suggest you try it. Walk the hell away from this team because all they will do is make you mad. I mean DAMN, they lose last night and I read myself to sleep reading a book about Red Barber. It is literally like having a two-ton weight off my back. I wasn’t upset last night wondering if they will win and mad this morning when they didn't. I felt good. And I want more of this. Those losers are on their own. I may even drive down to the lake tonight and watch the boats and enjoy the breeze. What a feeling not having to look at Aaron Boone!!

2 hours ago, Yankee4Life said:

I am guilty in here of saying that I am not going to watch the game, that I am through with them, etc, etc and then the next day I come in and talk about the game as if I watched it and the truth is I did.

Not last night. I went to bed early, didn’t check the score before I turned off the light and did not find out who won until I came in here today and read your post about them losing. I am telling you it was wonderful and I really suggest you try it. Walk the hell away from this team because all they will do is make you mad. I mean DAMN, they lose last night and I read myself to sleep reading a book about Red Barber. It is literally like having a two-ton weight off my back. I wasn’t upset last night wondering if they will win and mad this morning when they didn't. I felt good. And I want more of this. Those losers are on their own. I may even drive down to the lake tonight and watch the boats and enjoy the breeze. What a feeling not having to look at Aaron Boone!!

I hear you.  I feel you.  it's this team as they are embarrassing and have been for the past 2 months.  against teams that they should beat, no doubt!!!!!  I was not even happy reading Judge smacked his 50th HR because of this anemic and pathetic hitting.

I was reading the New York Post and I found out they signed a pitcher that the Tigers let go by the name of Chi Chi Gonzalez. When I first heard the name I thought of the golfer. He was in their minor league team in Triple-A.

The 30-year-old right-hander has a 6.87 ERA in 18 ⅓ innings with the Twins and Brewers this season.

This ought to be good.

31 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

I was reading the New York Post and I found out they signed a pitcher that the Tigers let go by the name of Chi Chi Gonzalez. When I first heard the name I thought of the golfer. He was in their minor league team in Triple-A.

The 30-year-old right-hander has a 6.87 ERA in 18 ⅓ innings with the Twins and Brewers this season.

This ought to be good.

read the article myself. golfer's name is Chi Chi Rodriguez who you thought of while reading the article. 

39 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Deja Vu!! Woke up and read STINKEES and Cole lost another game. Down to 6. Could be out of first next week.  SLIP, SLIDING, AWAY!!! 

We all know that you didn’t watch the game so you didn’t actually see Cole’s performance. 

He pitched a good game other than the one pitch that Ohtani tagged for a home run. The start of the bottom of the 6th inning was delayed because a fan jumped in the field and  it took 5-10 minutes for security to catch him, handcuff him and slowly walk him off the field. Even the announcers mentioned how long the process was taking and wondered if it would affect Cole’s rhythm. 

Two consecutive errors (a bad throw from Donaldson to LeMahieu, and a booted grounder by IKF) put two runners on bases. Ohtani came up and after a few pitches, hit the home run to give the Angels the lead. 

Say what you want about the team losing, but don’t blame Cole. The guys behind him let him down. 

And if they are out of first place by next week, I’m sure you will be very happy like the rest of the Yankees haters, since you will get exactly what you’ve been publicly hoping for (and posting about) for quite a while. 

5 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

We all know that you didn’t watch the game so you didn’t actually see Cole’s performance. 

He pitched a good game other than the one pitch that Ohtani tagged for a home run. The start of the bottom of the 6th inning was delayed because a fan jumped in the field and  it took 5-10 minutes for security to catch him, handcuff him and slowly walk him off the field. Even the announcers mentioned how long the process was taking and wondered if it would affect Cole’s rhythm. 

Two consecutive errors (a bad throw from Donaldson to LeMahieu, and a booted grounder by IKF) put two runners on bases. Ohtani came up and after a few pitches, hit the home run to give the Angels the lead. 

Say what you want about the team losing, but don’t blame Cole. The guys behind him let him down. 

And if they are out of first place by next week, I’m sure you will be very happy like the rest of the Yankees haters, since you will get exactly what you’ve been publicly hoping for (and posting about) for quite a while. 

No, I didn't watch the game. I said I READ the STINKEES lost so I didn't see Cole's performance as he gave up another HR and lost again. Big money pitchers get out of innings that his defense errs.  Cole should have kept throwing to keep lose then. And when the blow this lead, it'll be more embarrassing than 2004 ALCS. 

I didn’t watch the game either. In fact I didn’t watch the entire Angels series. But even though I didn’t watch it I honestly can not blame Cole. I mean how? A quick look at the box score shows that the Yankees did not hit -again! They collected three hits in the game. That’s it! A pitcher has to be almost perfect to win the way the Yankees are playing. Cole was shutting them down and then one mistake happens and a one run lead against this Yankee offense may as well be a twenty run lead with the way they are hitting.

5 hours ago, Jim825 said:

I am not a Yankee hater. I am disgusted with the way they have been playing and I don’t want to pretend that everything is ok when it isn’t. Something is the matter with them to have them play this bad for so long of a stretch and I think it starts with Boone.

4 hours ago, Ritchie said:

“We have got to play better than we have. Simple as that. We’ve got to start racking up some wins,” Boone said.

just as I have been posting on how much the Yankees stink, it's been the same with Bonehead.

I don’t pay attention to what Boone has said for a very long time except to say that whatever he says is the company line and he never states the truth.

I still have MLB tv but I don’t use it to follow the Yankees. Believe it or not lately I have been watching Baltimore because they are a team (like everyone else in baseball) that has been playing well and has been doing everything right to win games.

I cancelled my MLB tv subscription for the year a few weeks ago. I'm fed up with this team.  it's the same story for the last two months.  no hitting, no scoring, pitching so so, trades not working out for them - Montas $uck$, Bader , who knows when he plays.  evidently just a fluke they got to the point they were before the All Star break.  once a great lead, which could have lead to a cake walk to the division title, now is in jeopardy these next few weeks.  Rays playing great baseball now, I see them overtaking the Yankees.

I don't know if they will win it or not. I hope so and I want to be proven wrong after being so frustrated and impatient for so long. Maybe Jim has the right approach because he doesn't seem to let this bother him. I mean, I am thinking that's the right way. What the heck, it's not like we actually can do anything about this.

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

saw on ESPN.com Kluber is pitching for the Rays - not looking good - I take Kluber over Schmidt.  sorry rest of Yankees fans but that's what I feel because this team has no backbone anymore.  playing like a bunch of wimps...

I like Clarke Schmidt and I think he can be a pretty good pitcher but the way the Yankees have been hitting they wouldn't win if they had Walter Johnson on the mound. And I think you're right. They are showing that they have no backbone and that is very painful to say. They look like they quit as soon as Tampa Bay got there first run.

22 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

All I want to know is what the **** does Donaldson think is so funny? This team has not played good baseball in two months, he's not hitting worth a lick, he made two errors in one inning on Friday night and yet he still can make jokes with the opposing pitcher?

just a bad trade Cashman made and Montas is pitching today.  oh, no.... I'm sorry, but he is another bad trade Cashman made.

Nice performance by Montas yesterday - 5 innings, 1 hit, 7 K’s. Relievers that followed did well until Holmes had a nail biter 9th inning. The Yankees got an important win but there are still concerns with the hitters, other than Judge. There were still too many runners left in scoring position. 

Hopefully they can build on this win and start to do better as the Twins and old friends Gary Sanchez and Gio Urshela visit Yankee Stadium starting today.