Official Yankee fan thread

Yankee4Life

I don't even know how to begin with my feelings. To be honest, for the first 9 innings it was a tense, well-played game. If the Mariners had walked it off in the bottom of the 9th I would've obviously been disappointed, but it would've been whatever, there'll be another game tomorrow.

This was a stinker, but you know what, the Angels game they played last season where they had fans sit through a rain delay, then give up 7 runs in the 9th inning was probably the worst Yankees loss in recent memory past this one.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Real nice!!! Holmes AGAIN blows another save!!!! WTF !!!  Against the BoSox.  When is Boone going to learn.  Just like the team had their moments back in June, Holmes had his season of great pitching.  Now he's pitching like he's back in Pittsburgh.   This crappy team will NEVER WORK IT OUT!!! 

Edited by Ritchie

“We’re in first place, but you never want to peak too early,’’ Aaron Judge said. “All these games and big situations like this on the road are just getting us ready for games down the stretch and postseason games like this against tough opponents.” 

---- right on, Judgey.  keep thinking that way.  tough opponents are going to knock you guys out very early.

"This was one of those games where we should’ve had a chance to put the game away early,’’ Boone said. “We couldn’t throw the knockout punch.” 

--- you too, Boone-head.   team keeps leaving men in RISP and cannot hit their way out of a wet paper bag even with a hole in it.

“Everybody knows these two teams, so I’m pretty excited to pitch in it,’’ Montas sadi.

- and get blasted like you did in your first STINKEES start

Ok, now a couple of things. I don’t want you to think I am disagreeing with you on anything you said but I think there is a little more to it.

First, it is not entirely Clay Holmes’ fault. He should have had a few runs to work with but he didn’t. This game’s loss is ALL ON the hitters because they didn’t do their jobs again. And the problem starts with Stanton. Again he is hurt during the season and when you look at him you would think that there is no way he should be that brittle - but he is. I look at him as a useless, undependable member of this team.

He was hurting at the All-Star break and it would have been very helpful to him if he had stayed home and maybe soaked in a jacuzzi or something just to give his body a rest. No, he had to go to Los Angeles and spineless Aaron Boone supported him because heaven forbid he would have to make a decision that one of his players wouldn’t like.

I listen to nothing that Aaron Judge says. Why people can not see through this guy is amazing. Every year he has been in the major leagues he has been hurt for a long period of time. This year is his contract year. He feels great! If the Yankees re-sign him just watch him return to form. He’ll get some injury that will keep him out for two months or more. This is one of many reasons why I hate these players. I still love the game but the people who play it? Not so much anymore. They only care about themselves.

I hear u YFL.  

Team doesn't know when this Stanton will be back.  He's unbelievable.  Each and ever year he's hurt. Out for a long period of time.  I'm waiting for Judge to get hurt, God forbid. 

Edited by Ritchie

It was a good win and an impressive one in that they came back and held on to finish it. But they only got six hits for the entire game. They still are not hitting. Where's Stanton? He would have really helped here in this three game series in Boston but he's on his yearly summer vacation.

I would not mind at all if they get rid of Torres and Boone.

6 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

It was a good win and an impressive one in that they came back and held on to finish it. But they only got six hits for the entire game. They still are not hitting. Where's Stanton? He would have really helped here in this three game series in Boston but he's on his yearly summer vacation.

I would not mind at all if they get rid of Torres and Boone.

And it was a squeeze bunt to beat the lowly  BoSox. 

Where is Andujar?? Sitting on the bench?? Replace Hicks.  

7 hours ago, Ritchie said:

What, they won again!!??  No way!!

And Monty pitches a Maddux-like game -  1 - 0 shutout less than 100 pitches.

First of all F*** Montgomery. We've seen him for years now and there is no way he is the pitcher that he is showing. Give him time. He will revert to being an undependable piece of s***.

German did great. I love being proved wrong.