Yankee4Life

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

An 8-0 win with 14 hits. They seemed to be hitting today. 

Sometimes Jim you just do not hit against a good pitcher. That is probably what happened last night.

1 hour ago, Jim825 said:

Britton goes back on the 60-day IL. His season, and probably his time with the Yankees are over. 

You could be right.

33 minutes ago, Jim825 said:

Chapman’s contract is also up this year too. With new, younger, guys proving themselves at the back end in the bulllen (Schmidt, King), Chapman’s days may be numbered as well. 

I think he is done also. That inconsiderate stunt he pulled with getting a tattoo in Oakland and then getting on the disabled list because of it probably spelled the end of his days in the Bronx. I say inconsiderate because if he really had the need to get one then wait until the season is done. I don't have tattoos myself so I am not sure how an infection would develop but my point is why take a chance?

An infection can develop in many ways, but mostly due to lack of care. Sweat in particular can mean trouble for the healing process. So, getting a tattoo mid-season is at the very least unprofessional.

I don't have any either, and I don't have anything against them, but I have a student who is a tattoo artist.

13 hours ago, sabugo said:

An infection can develop in many ways, but mostly due to lack of care. Sweat in particular can mean trouble for the healing process. So, getting a tattoo mid-season is at the very least unprofessional.

Now consider how much Chapman sweats on the mound. This was not a smart move on his part.

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

"An 8-0 win with 14 hits. They seemed to be hitting today. "

not today 1 run, 4 hits, 0 for 7 RISP.  this team is unable to hit consistently. Post season will be doomsday for this crappy team.

Now is the time of the year when we have to get behind them as best as we can. You have no idea how the playoffs can turn out.

2 hours ago, Ritchie said:

Taillion $uck$.  he's like a box of chocolates.  don't know what you're going to get.

Yes, he had a tough game but he bore down and lasted six innings and kept them in the game.

I really like Oswaldo Cabrera and Oswald Peraza. The way they compose themselves, the way they hit and field their positions, etc. They are telling the Yankees that they belong up with the big club and I believe it.

USS Cole $uck$ as much as Taillion. Given two leads and he gives it right back. And he's going to be the savior??  Another HR he gave that cost the game.

Big deal he passed Guidry SO record.  Couldn't even carry Ron's jock strap. 

Multi-million $ bust. 

Edited by Ritchie

hitting woes continue.  cannot even beat the Rangers, so how are they to beat whomever they play in the ALDS, especially after not playing for 5 days?  had MLB leading 61 wins at all star break and won't even win 100 games. this team $uck$.

Edited by Ritchie

20 hours ago, Ritchie said:

USS Cole $uck$ as much as Taillion. Given two leads and he gives it right back. And he's going to be the savior??  Another HR he gave that cost the game.

Big deal he passed Guidry SO record.  Couldn't even carry Ron's jock strap. 

Multi-million $ bust. 

I am in agreement that Guidry is better than this guy but I will not go as far as saying that Cole is a bust.

People have bad years, pitchers as well as hitters. I think he will bounce back next year with a better year and he is determined to go out this season on a high note.

7 hours ago, Ritchie said:

BP woes once more. Ron Marinaccio placed on 15 day IL. Stress reaction in shin.  What else is new?? 

Thank God, if they get past the ALDS he can come back. One step at a time.

55 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

hitting woes continue.  cannot even beat the Rangers, so how are they to beat whomever they play in the ALDS, especially after not playing for 5 days?  had MLB leading 61 wins at all star break and won't even win 100 games. this team $uck$.

No Judge, Stanton or Torres. Trevino is the DH. The big thing about today is that no one gets hurt. Getting to 99 wins his year is really a miracle because of how terrible they played for two months.

30 minutes ago, Yankee4Life said:

I am in agreement that Guidry is better than this guy but I will not go as far as saying that Cole is a bust.

People have bad years, pitchers as well as hitters. I think he will bounce back next year with a better year and he is determined to go out this season on a high note.

Thank God, if they get past the ALDS he can come back. One step at a time.

No Judge, Stanton or Torres. Trevino is the DH. The big thing about today is that no one gets hurt. Getting to 99 wins his year is really a miracle because of how terrible they played for two months.

still believe this team will be one (series) and done (especially if Cole is game 1 starter.

fact I heard this morning, and never knew about it, was that Mickey had a cold and went to see Mel Allen's doctor who gave him a shot with an unsterilized needle which in turn Mickey got an infection and why he never was able to reach Babe's HR record that year.

6 hours ago, Ritchie said:

fact I heard this morning, and never knew about it, was that Mickey had a cold and went to see Mel Allen's doctor who gave him a shot with an unsterilized needle which in turn Mickey got an infection and why he never was able to reach Babe's HR record that year.

Oh, this is a story that has gone down in Yankee lore. That is exactly what happened and Mantle had such a bad infection that he was limited to about six at-bats in the 1961 World Series.

Can you imagine this happening today? Mel Allen would be fired. The doctor would have been fired and lost his license. Both would have been sued. Someone would have written a book. A movie or an ESPN documentary would have been made. Twitterites would have chimed in with conspiracy theories.

So when people say things were better years ago, believe them.

16 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

'USS' Cole starting game 1. Bad decision, Boone. Hope you don't regret it, but I guess you have to listen to the front office.  Should have named Cortes. 

Well, let's just see. If he gives six or seven good innings he will have done his job.

25 minutes ago, Ritchie said:

Chapman's career with Yankees about over.  Not on roster due to missing Friday's workout. May also get fined. 

Yes it is and isn't that nice?

He gave them a terrible excuse for not showing up and it was so bad that not even Boone believed it. The Yankees told him to stay in Miami and not even bother coming to the Bronx during the ALDS. He also got fined.

Thank God! After this he will be wearing another uniform next year. This is what the great Branch Rickey used to call "addition by subtraction."

Having Chapman off the roster is bad news for the Indians. They were depending on him walking a few of them when he came in the game during the series.